Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

Are 2500 cost suits not used in tournaments where they felt the need to buff them?

2500 cost class was very powerful at the start of MB but they have been pulled back down through repeated nerfs as the patch cycle went on. During the early stages of MB, 3k/2.5k was easily the most powerful team comp.

I don't know the final results on how the tier list looks after this most recent patch, but pre-Dogfight, the balance had shifted heavily back in favor of 3ks and 2ks. The finals at Dogfight were Norn/Dreadnought vs. Strike Freedom/Sandrock, to give you some idea. Additionally there were a number of S-tier 2.5ks early on, now the only S tiers remaining are in 3k and 2k (and perhaps 1.5k if what I've heard about Rising being S tier is true?)

Basically, 2.5k was super strong at the start of MB and they consequently nerfed them a little too far, and are now trying to bring them back up a little. 

Strike freedom need a hard nerf hammer. I knew bamco were biased toward kira. But making him the only s-rank among the 3000 cost for MB really sick. I hope he get nerfed hard before MB got ported to console

July unlock:

- Perfect Gundam (will also available as DLC for FB on July 22)

- Marasai & Gabthley

CIQCmllVEAAsA6E.jpg

Nightingale is also coming:

8CvZYmD.jpg

Talking about Maxi boost tier list right now.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Considering that it's rank low on Full Boost that got ported to console it's just right to put it on a higher tier in Maxi Boost when it will be ported to console

Unknown at the moment. The details will be revealed in the next issue of Gundam Ace.

I'm still wondering why the devs won't go ahead and give us the 00 Qan[T] ELS hybrid.  It doesn't even have to be it's own unit, but a EX Boost state (like EXAM) that regular 00 Qan[T] goes into.

2015/07/22 Update

(source)

Perfect Gundam Released

E Course added to Arcade Mode

Suit Adjustments

Unicorn Gundam

Unicorn Mode

• HP 750→780 (EX accumulation rate decreased accordingly)
  • Mobility increased
  • Sub: hit effect from cancel use changed to be easier to followup
  • AC: reload 8s→7s
  • BC: reload 33s→30s, active time 23s→24s

NT-D Mode

• Mobility increased
  • Main: ammo 20→30, and the travel speed and guidance of the beams both have been increased
  • 5B: startup speed and chase performance both buffed
  • 4/6B: startup speed buffed
  • 2B: →Sub cancel route added

Qan[T]

Normal Mode

• EX accumulation rate increased (HP has not been changed)
  • Main: ammo 5→6, reload rate now 1 ammo/3s (-1s)
  • BC: reload 15s→13s for full reload (-2s)
  • Trans-Am BD melee: final stage damage 257→279 (281→303 if Buster Sword is equipped), and its hit effect changed to be easier to followup

Quantum Burst Mode

• Main: reload rate now 1 ammo/3s (-1s), and →8B/BC cancel routes added
  • BC: reload 15s→13s

The O

• Mobility increased
  • Red lock range extended
  • Main: ammo 5→6
  • Sub: reload 10s→9s, and hit proration lowered
  • 2B: Stage 1 damage 50→55, Stage 3 damage 80→90
  • CSb: made The O's own hitbox smaller during the pre-shooting motion? Melee followup chase performance improved.

Gaia Gundam (Waltfeld Custom)

• HP 620→640 (EX accumulation rate decreased accordingly)
  • Main: dmg 70→75
  • 5B: Stage 1 dmg 60→65
  • 4/6B: Stage 1 dmg 61→65
  • ~8B melee followup: dmg 72→85, and →BC cancel route added
  • EX Attack: total dmg 319→321

RX-79[G] Gundam

180mm MG Mode

• Main: will now continue to reload while in 180mm Cannon mode
  • Sub: will now continue to reload while in 180mm Cannon mode

Gatogoog

• Main: dmg 65→70, ammo 5→6

Tallgeese II

• Main: dmg 8075
  • CSb: projectile speed and chase performance both nerfed
  • AC: reload 10s12s
  • BD melee: chase performance nerfed (both in normal mode and during Super Vernier)

Red Dragon

• Sub: now carries through less prior movement momentum, attack range reduced, and proration increased
  • AC: movement speed nerfed (this change has been similarly applied to when you are in Limiter Release powerup), and chase performance when canceled into out of melee nerfed
  • 5B~2B followup: dmg 300286
  • 4/6B: dmg 7065
  • 2B: shooting barrier width reduced

Strike Freedom

• Mobility nerfed
  • Sub: reload +2s, dmg nerfed (BR dmg 12→11, "Xiphias" 18→17, "Claidus" 24→21, Dragoons 19→18)
  • BD: chase performance nerfed

Rising Gundam

Normal Mode

• Main: ammo 7060, max rapid fire count 1412
  • Sub: startup speed and projectile speed both nerfed
  • AC: reload 12s14s
  • 2B: startup speed nerfed

Mobility Mode

• CSa: startup speed nerfed
  • Sub: chase performance nerfed, and the stagger time from a hit has been reduced?

Furthermore, the Summer Festival continues with additional suits being released in the near future:

• Marasai+Gabthley: 7/29
  • Nightingale: 8/5
  • Qan[T] Full Saber: 8/25

After playing around with the new DLC suits, I'd say all are good (great, even) except 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G.  I mean, it's decent as far as a 3000 cost suit goes, but it could have been so much better.  Also, about the 1.07 patch: I've noticed that the random select is much better now!  Since I only play on Free Mode against AI on Extreme difficulty (I'm stuck using a wi-fi connection, which everyone says is horrible for playing fighting games online), the AI selection pool is larger (before 1.07, I'd always fight the same six or seven suits).  I've also noticed that the AI is SLIGHTLY better than it's been before: it's more reactionary now and harder to find patterns to it unlike before; though it still falls for the Unicorn CSa down trap.

Game's getting better and better, despite having over $100 in DLC...

Wow, they actually nerf SF.... Damn, ouch they had to nerf red dragon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They kinda had to, SF was the best  3K by miles after all the buff's they gave him.

They kinda had to, SF was the best 3K by miles after all the buff's they gave him.

I can see why they nerf SF, but y Red Dragon?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk