Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

I'm a little worried about the cut-resistance of that 3rd form melee combo that gets used a lot with the impale and throw at the end...I'm kinda shocked that I haven't seen it get cut more often yet.

But I love love the rolling hyper bazooka.

Unicorn FA is not that good actually.

Anyways, bandai doesnt care about balancing anyway.
Too much frustrating mechanics in MB. The game is no longer that fun and players in japan kinda abandoned MB.

The game wont be fun unless they fix zabanya and zero for 3K, banshee for 2.5K.

Removing the drives would be a good idea too. They made such come back mechanic cuz developers dont want the losing team to lose all hope.

The problem is. Why do they deserve a second chance when they played bad which lead to their lost?

We are on damage 4 here. And one hit from lock on is 154. over 200 if cherudim has its drives and trans arm on.

People abuse F drive so bad that you can now see retards spamming melee during F drive to win. 

I might quit MB and just play FB lol. This game is so broken. My friends around me are quitting MB for now too. We just cannot stand the fact that they made the game newbie friendly because newbie cannot survive in older series. 

Whats the point of making it a competitive game when you want newbies or bad players to win?

Now everyone is abusing the drives. They dont attack until they have F drive plus Ex burst. When they do, they take away around 380 health off you within 2 seconds. 

Pretty insane lol. Nice job bandai!

Can we get some verification on the things Kira's posted? This seems....like a lot of broad generalizations that seem to be summed up as

1. Come back mechanics suck and are awful.

2. F drive sucks and it's awful.

3. Zabanya/Wing/Banshee suck and they're awful
  4. People in arcades have abandoned Maxi in Japan and nobody plays it.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the Drives either. I thought EX as more than enough of a comeback mechanic/game changer. F drive is really that strong? S drive to me seemed like the more superior one but then again, outside of the initial release, i haven't seen many players use F Drive, unless its X-1.

If the game is broken as Kira says, then hopefully Japanese player are feeding that info back to bamco who can then patch the systems, like they did with rage in tekken 6 and 6BR

Awakenings are probably the most rational comeback mechanic I've seen, and they were definitely not that way in vanilla full boost.  Awakenings double as both a way to secure your advantage or swing momentum, at the cost of sacrificing a full burst or potentially sacrificing your capacity to close out the game reliably.

Overdrive through process is basically "I reached overdrive, time to hit overdrive," and its far easier to secure damage with overdrive.  The game boils down to who exploits their overdrive better like how vanilla basically boiled down to which 3k made better use of their awakenings to determine the whole game.

I don't think kira is necessarily word of god, but he does echo most of what I hear from japanese players in a much more sloppy way. The game is doing mediocre because half the appeal was the neutral game.  I'm just glad for once a community universally rejected the comeback mechanic which is something I doubt would happen stateside with an overhyped series.  When it comes to rumor mill shit about suit balance I genuinely disagree with him though.  Yes they put in a lot of cool and dumb ideas because they like X suit, yes their balance isn't perfect but having the overwhelming majority of suits being B and A tier is considered pretty good balance in any game.  The amount of suits that are completely unplayable is really low.  It's a generally accepted balance strategy to make newcomers strong because its easier to make strong tools then nerf them then it is to make a very basic, gimped suit and try to work his mechanics to be something worthwhile.  Most suits that are very good either started out broken and got nerfed or were mediocre or average and got overbuffed.  Zeong is probably the biggest outlier in terms of started out good and got REAALLY good, and now is just really good.  Also suits that are or were really bad(think strike or cherudim) were great when they were first released and have a stigma within the dev team.

It's also far easier for thousands of players to hammer out the basics of why a suit is good than a dev team with a limited number of playstyles to have as testers.  A lot of people really take for granted how little they figured out on their own and how much they learn from other players, so it seems like its obvious why some suits are bad and some suits are brokenly op.

If you think that I am not right, go check 2ch. I am not making things up. The dropped the price within 3 months to 50 yen. The game is broken. Period. The japanese community did give bamco feedback but they don't really care about those. 

We still have Zero and Zabanya as the strongest 3K ever seen. Zabanya needs a front 2.5K to play well. Zero has the best damage/boost/defensive mechanics in game. 

And about the balance. There are too much unplayable suits. More than you guys think you know. 
All low tier 3Ks are unplayable. Low tier 2.5K cannot even compete with a good 2K. 

I doubt you guys know anything since you have never played the actual MB which is normal since you guys dont have it in the states.
But keep in mind that i am not making stuffs up myself and I myself have been playing this series for almost 10 years.

What is balance or what is broken is easy to see. Try compare the damage values between 3 suits on 3K. Wing Zero/SF/Sazabi.

Look at their damage values, look at their boost, look at their weapons, their melee priority and so on so on. You will realize that Wing Zero has so much advantage that it is not even "fair" in anyway. 

Same thing when you look at perfect strike/nu/hi-ni/turn A....etc etc lower tier 

They are almost worthless compared to the upper tier suits of the same cost.

Lets not compare them with S ranks. Just compare them with A ranks. You will still realize that the game is completely broken for now. 

The development team doesn't know how to play the game. They literally never test the game on their own. They only test the game by location tests which don't give enough data for them to realize what to buff/nerf.

Some hidden suits aren't even tested in the past. That is why Zabanya is so broken atm. When fans asked them why make Zabanya so OP they simply replied with "trying to follow the original". As in they were trying to do what Zabanya did in the movie.

Now where is my SF full burst which is supposed to be that huge like Zabanyas? They gave SF tiny small beams insteads of the large ones used in OMNI VS ZAFT 2. For no reason. 

Where is my double X cannon that is supposed to be at least 2 times larger than what it is right now?

Why Zabanya's funnel can shoot twice and track enemies twice when other funnels can only track once and shoot once.(With the exception of Hi-Nu)
Don't tell me its all because of the fact that Zabanya has no melee. It doesn't even need melee to do its job. Spam CS and funnels to win. Give partner shield bit and ask partner to use burst and F-drive at the same time under the protection of the godly shield bits. While providing super heavy fire support mid range at the same time. 

Still not convinced that the game is broken?
How about this>Sinanju> Can use assist every few seconds to land like a boss. Can use rolling bazooka like a boss even tho if you ran out of boost. 
Can cancel Bazooka into rocks to block stuffs/prevent melee when out of boost. Has one of the highest priority 4/6B with extremely far and good tracking before nerf. (Still has other strong melee after nerf)

Top level mobility, good amount of damage, good melee with cut resistance, a lot of weapons to throw at you with a lot of cancel routes. 
Was on top of the 3K list until they nerfed the range of its red lock. Still slightly OP but not that broken right now.

Balanced? 
When Nu/Hi-Nu cant really move while doing BZ, When Nu has shit melee. When turn A has limited choice of weapon...etc etc 
How is that even close to balanced? At least don't give the player to spam AB and BC when he/she is out of boost? How about that? 
Nope bamco doesn't care since they were trying to support unicorn Ep 7.

Lets go to 2.5K.
Bushido/Tallgeese3/X divider/Banshee/The O. Compared to other 2.5Ks.
How are they balanced ?

Bushido>Can trans-arm at the start of the game, throw pizza like a boss, good damage, good melee priority. god like mobility during trans arm. A top rank. Can destroy weaker 3Ks easily.

Tall3>Godlike mobility. Good assist, strong defensive options from wipe. High fire power. A top rank>can kite you like a boss 2bc too stronKKK

Alright A ranks are not so OP, they are just slightly stronger than average.. 

Here comes S ranks!
The-O>Unblockable pressure, strong assist that blocks projectile. Strong tracking melee assist that stun enemy. Strong melee priority. High melee combo damage. Strong mobility/boost performance. We always call The-O the king of 1 v 1 . Pressure ftw!

Banshee>Top rank AB. Strong melee priority. High damage. High mobility during NTD. Works too well with F drive...can protect itself like the-O... High cut resistance combo.....

I can type a 2K word paragraph just to show you how broken is the game balance now. 

I don't even need to get to the drive problem we are facing at the time.. LOL 

So yeah, the game is broken and we are all waiting for Bamco to fix those issues.

I don't feel like they will tho.

Links to japanese community..

Tier list>http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/56800/1400427291/

Why Maxi Boost is a failure>http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/56800/1399112118/

General Discussion >http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/56800/1399466121/

Useless Suit discussion>http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/56800/1396743003/

Enjoy!

Well, it's not really news. From the moment MB came out with drive system it was clearly kusoge. And it seems apparent that developers care more about adding new shit than fixing their game. Bamco has a long history of tweaking suit-specific performance but not overall game engine mechanics. For example the small tweaks required to fix meter system in vanilla, or to go even further back the issues with movement in GvG. Instead they just wait until the next game. I'm still excited for maxi boost and I'm still gonna buy it mainly b/c i expect the mission mode to be good after FB's was such trash. But as a competitive game it's pretty clearly deficient, and it's very unlikely Bamco will fix it.

XDiv and DSH being two of the top 2.5's in maxi :yaaay:

but uh...I'm curious I always figured the main reason TV was better than Reborns in FB was because of Zero System. So why is his still considered too strong now does he still just beat most other 3k's matchup wise? Which really wouldn't shock me since they didnt touch his other insanely good tools.

Also how is Full Cloth I havent heard a thing about him since Maxi dropped. I'm assuming F-drive makes him retarded.

disclaimer: I am bad at this game

First off thank you Kira, Sabator and especially you Luke for clearing up a lot of what Kira wrote and putting it in much better terms.

I don't think anyone had a positive reaction to the drive system even stateside since UMvC3 carries a lot of stigma for X-factor amongst non-players or casual players who have very plainly seen players of lower skill mash out wins against much better players by mashing buttons. The drive system seems like it's just carrying on that mentality to become accessible and it backfired by simply reverting to the EXVS meta that nobody really liked to begin with sans more melee centric players.

However while I thank you for clearing up your initial post Kira it doesn't make your argument stronger to make the assumption we believe the game is balanced either. Nobody has said that and by presupposing that we hold an opinion you are bullying us into winning an argument that didn't exist until you started it. Even in my own admittedly curt statement I was asking for verification on your thoughts since they're not entirely well developed. You're right, what's balanced and what isn't IS readily apparent to the point where some of the things you're saying do not make sense. A B tier 2.5k was always worse than an S or A tier 2k, even in FB or EXVS so you aren't helping your case by using that as evidence. Most of your statements on 2.5ks were true in Full boost and do not help explain why they are so powerful in maxiboost. Stating something is worthless is not the same as developing a point to that effect and complaining that your suit isn't S tier because it's not like it was in a previous game does not help your discussion on game balance. It is not an argument to say "don't get me started" on a topic, it is actually leaving a topic unexplored and not developing your argument. Additionally 2chan, much like 4 chan is still an anonymous forum with troll posts and basically do not give a damn about basic decency or actually making sense.  This is not to say your points are invalid as the other posters here have pointed out in some cases but if you aren't willing to make your argument for yourself I'm much more inclined to just wait until someone who is willing to speak to me without condescending to me comes along and brush you aside instead of machine translating 2 chan line by line and re-translating it to sift through the lines upon lines of players calling each other "Industrial waste"

So while I'm on the topic of language barriers, Kira since it seems like the finer points of English aren't really your forte lemme give you a quick tip for you moving forward: A line break (Hitting enter) in written English means you're either ending a thought or you're developing a point in a way that readily highlights the fact you are doing so like a guided list to prevent confusion. A sentence that is line broken simply for emphasis looks ugly and does not contribute to your idea, and a line break added too early makes your idea stand on it's own and isolates it from any supporting evidence that you may be contributing to it, thus making the idea itself look incomplete. Adding a line break every line makes it seem you're trying to pad out your post to make yourself seem like you're saying more than you actually are or you can't develop your ideas and thus every line where you under-develop a concept is now just that much more apparent and difficult to want to read the rest of your post even though you clearly have some comprehension of what you're trying to say to people. Most people take this as incredibly rude as akin to saying it's not worth your time to actually complete your thoughts but given you seem to do this habitually I'm just going to assume that this is resultant of a lack of experience with the language than actual malice. So on that note...following those rule you have not actually written a paragraph longer than 65 words yet....and a paragraph that is two thousand words long is malformed as well.   :eng101:

Can I request we skip the insulting and grammar nazi stuff.

I do hope they fix the drive thing. Part of me doesn't complain because if they have drive I will get one too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Can I request we skip the insulting and grammar nazi stuff.

I do hope they fix the drive thing. Part of me doesn't complain because if they have drive I will get one too.

I normally don't play grammar nazi as it's easy to pick apart my own mistakes, but it's difficult to read a post that has a line break every chance it takes. I'd rather just clear this up with him now than deal with it again if I can.

It's the spirit of the thing that's more the problem. They force turnabout situations that otherwise aren't really earned in matches. Someone can play perfectly then get wrecked by an S-drive suit spamming them to death or a single punish from an F-drive, it's just not a very fun thing to lose your ass to.

I normally don't play grammar nazi as it's easy to pick apart my own mistakes, but it's difficult to read a post that has a line break every chance it takes. I'd rather just clear this up with him now than deal with it again if I can.

It's the spirit of the thing that's more the problem. They force turnabout situations that otherwise aren't really earned in matches. Someone can play perfectly then get wrecked by an S-drive suit spamming them to death or a single punish from an F-drive, it's just not a very fun thing to lose your ass to.

True. Using drive yourself isn't exactly an easy fix. I feel beginners should be welcomed into the fold but they need to realize that you're gonna take your lumps starting off.

Trying to bring in new players is great. But companies need to remember the player that has always been there.

@Densuo/Skill - regarding this whole grammar thing - normally it's not a big deal but because his English isn't good I agree that it's actually something worth attempting to correct because it's quite irritating to read. While it's unintended, in general when non-native English speakers attempt to speak affluently at a level more than they can handle it tends to come off condescending / negative / confusing / hard to follow, so in this particular case I think SkillKill has a valid point.

Regarding posting sources from BBS - while this information is certainly better than nothing, I don't actually agree with making large generalizations using it because the BBS doesn't necessarily represent the general consensus. 

I doubt you guys know anything since you have never played the actual MB which is normal since you guys dont have it in the states.
But keep in mind that i am not making stuffs up myself and I myself have been playing this series for almost 10 years.

As much as I appreciate your contributions, I'd be careful about your language. You should actually read our Rules on this board, if you haven't (located on the top nav bar) - No one here is trying to make factual claims without supporting information, so this kind of comment is pretty unnecessary, and comes off as trying to discredit others' opinions. If you believe others are attempting to force their opinions as fact, I would suggest giving them the benefit of the doubt and consider whether or not you may have merely misinterpreted someone's post.

Regardless, downplaying other people's lack of knowledge isn't something that's tolerated on Dustloop (outside of Match Making shittalking, etc), so be warned.

That being said, @SkillKill - I don't know if you needed to go so far as to callout and ask for verification on Kira's post which was half just reporting life experience. Certainly something like saying "Japan has abandoned MB" is a pretty huge blanket statement that deserves a bit of skepticism, but I think the majority of that post is fine.

====

Anyways, let's try and remain on topic if possible:

I will agree with most of what Kira said - it's true that there are a lot of players that are pretty disgusted with MB atm, though I am not sure if I'd go so far as to say the majority. But there's definitely a large amount of negative feedback from Drives, as to be expected. Balance is pretty silly, especially with stuff like Zabanya, but bamco is always bad at balancing, so it's nothing too surprising imo.

That being said, @SkillKill - I don't know if you needed to go so far as to callout and ask for verification on Kira's post which was half just reporting life experience. Certainly something like saying "Japan has abandoned MB" is a pretty huge blanket statement that deserves a bit of skepticism, but I think the majority of that post is fine.

I'll give you that. Nobody's really disputing what Kira said beyond some of the more questionable things. Balance is problematic in Maxi boost but telling us things we already know, in accompanying broad statements is what frustrates me.  It is very different to me when you say "These 3ks are bad because they have lacking performance qualities in comparison to other suits." and then you elaborate on your post, and Kira did in fact do that in his second post. However just stating the broad statements that are easily dis-proven even from a casual player like "people only attack until they have F-burst/EX burst" make it very frustrating to sort out which points he's making are valid and which are more emotional or centered around the rumor mill.

Rumor mill lol
Alright, i will try to type with better English and explain what i meant by what actually happened to my friend playing MB 2 days ago.
Thanks for the info brett.

I gave facts and reason behind my theory. I tried to explain why some suits are amazingly too good and why others are worthless in comparison. If that is not enough..I can try to further explain.

First of all, the performance of a suit includes several things: 
Boost Performance: The number of possible boost dash, the number of step/step cancel, speed of BD/Step, distance traveled from BD jumping, speed of falling.
Melee performance: Melee priority/damage/cut resistance/distance/tracking 
Shooting performance:Tracking, Damage, Projectile speed, High down value, Number of ammo,ammo reload time
Other performance:Weapons to neglect melee/land/move around/cut tracking..etc

The reason behind why I want to let everyone know how imba is everything is mainly because this is a competitive game. If the difference between character performance is too big, then the game has less competitive values.
I will get to the comeback mechanics later.
Now that we know what make a MS good. We can try to compare. As skill said, the tier list has been around for ages. But it doesn't mean that we deserve to have such tier as a customer.

Wing Zero TV
8xBD,Fast BD speed
Strong tracking CS with high down values,
Rolling buster 170 burst damage with large area
Melee has good cut resistance and damage. 
Doesn't need to combo a lot to do 200 damage.
Not much ammo, but fast reload time.
Zero System for the ultimate self defend

Nu-Gundam
One of the slowest 3K available. 
6-7 BD
Normal beam rifle
Strong CS with good tracking but weak damage (120)
Melees are mostly useless(weak priority), except for BD8B.
Melees have little to none cut resistance
Melee combos are slow and doesn't do much damage.
Funnels are like a lucky draw
Funnel barrier for self defend

In comparison to those two above suits. How is the game even close to fair?

If I give points from 1-5 to both 3K by those performance:

WZ TV
Boost performance:5
Melee performance:4
Shooting performance:3.5
Self defend:5
Burst Damage:4
Total:21.5

Nu-Gundam
Boost performance:3
Melee performance:3
Shooting performance:4
Self defend:4
Burst damage:3
Total:17

How is that even close to being fair? I don't need them to be exactly the same, but at least they should equally have their own strength.
I have explained about 2.5K on my last post too. But i felt like if i don't try to give more information, casual players might doubt what i meant.

Now that about the drives. 
It happened to me and to my friends on a couple of occasions.

Win first half of the game, leading around 300 health. Enemy didn't even think of attacking before having the F drive.
Enemy has F drive. Enemy uses entire boost to get near 2.5K. Enemy partner rushed to 2.5K at the same time. Since the winning side doesn't have burst and drives yet. Enemy can use burst to recover boost and spam melee at close range. If spam successful=300 health gone. The winning side might die without having the chance to use the drive, hence losing most of the advantage.
If enemy failed to spam melee with F drive, enemy lose badly since they don't know how to play.(God i wanna punch the keyboard just thinking of how retarded the system is)

Now everyone might ask. If you are really that good, why can't you get away from that. 
The answer is simple. I only have one bar of boost to play with while the enemy with burst and F drives can recover boost with burst and use F drive to further reduce boost consumption. F drives melee cannot be blocked too. You will get hit no matter what. All you can do is pray that your partner has some extra large cannon to save you from that horrible scene.

Am I making stuffs up? No
Am I that legitimate? Compared to Japanese then No. At least i am legitimate at my area at top level.
If my win rate doesn't show enough prove then I am sorry since I cannot arrange an online battle with someone that far from USA/Canada.

Now i would like to move on to why did the game become newbie friendly.

In the beginning of the Gundam VS series the game was broken and kinda unplayable. Until Gundam DX, the game became fun and competitive. While being fun and competitive, the game was hard to learn. Newbies had no chance to win. Fluke didn't exist in that game. 
Same thing with ZDX..Newbies had no chance to win. Fluke can sometimes occur but not likely.(Power burst)

Until the release of the Seed VS series. The game became extra popular. Step cancelling gave newbies room to survive. Melees became more tactical. Seed burst was a great mechanic. Newbies can win better players by spamming step cancel. Fluke occur every few games. (CS cancelling).

Seed Destiny, same stuff with Seed but nerfed step cancelling a bit. Speed burst is similar to what we have in exvs nowadays. The game was newbie friendly enough. With good comeback mechanic. But few small problems. Balance between suit are similar. Everyone can step cancel around 4 times. BD is not that important since everyone usually spam step cancel to move around. Pros can still dominate newbies but not that easy compared to Gundam and Z gundam DX.

Gundam Vs Gundam was a failure. Team failed to balance everything between suits. The idea of moving while landing is a great problem. Freedom gundam being the strongest suit due to the fact that freedom can AC cancel everything became a problem.

GvG Next. The development team became lazy, decided to make the game more newbie friendly and try to balance everything by adding next dash. Now that everyone can cancel everything, they don't have to worry about freedom spam anymore. They called that balancing while we called that lazy.

EXVS series. Further made the game easier. They want melee to lead the game hence adding in melee rainbow step cancel. They wanna remove most of the mechanics used back then hence removing the unmovable period after shooting a BR. Everyone can spam melee. Melee did lead the game. They wanted newbie to like it since newbies love melee.But still, newbies are newbies. Pro are pro. Players who play at a competitive level will still dominate the scene and Banco didnt like that.

They wanted new blood, new player. New general audience. Which is why they further made the game easier by introducing overdrives.I personally like the concept of the system. Only if they bound it to the burst meter. F burst or S burst will be more appropriate. But they cannot change the fact that this is a competitive game. This is made for PVP. No matter how bad they wanted new players to pick the game up, better player will still win. Now that the better players are leaving the scene. They lose customers.
I think they just have bad marketing tactics..

I personally think that competitive game should not allow that much flukes to happen. 
Just like Street Fighter. Better players will win. 
Comeback mechanics in a competitive game is disgusting. 
Spam to win is a cheap strategy used by Bamco. I really wish that they put in more effort and make the game worth playing competitively again.
What is done is done. They will not revert all the changes they made in the former EXVS games. I only wish that they can balance the suits better and take away the over-drives.

Finally. GIVE ME BACK THE GOD SPEED BD MELEE OF STRIKE FREEDOM. PLEASE. I BEG U BAMCO.

I don't mean to interrupt, so feel free to continue with your post.

We are on damage 4 here. And one hit from lock on is 154. over 200 if cherudim has its drives and trans arm on.

Is there a reason why people in Hong Kong play at different damage settings than in Japan? 

I am not making things up. The dropped the price within 3 months to 50 yen. The game is broken. Period.

As an aside, I don't think the game dropped to 50 yen. There are some arcades that run the game at 50 yen, and your friend may have been playing at one of them, but I'm pretty sure the overall price is still 100 (a few JP players i asked confirmed 100, and we have some american players in Japan currently who can also confirm). I still agree the game is pretty kusoge, and I agree that the fact that some arcades have lowered the price to 50 is a sign of decline, but it's not accurate to say that the price flat out dropped to 50.

I don't mean to interrupt, so feel free to continue with your post.

Is there a reason why people in Hong Kong play at different damage settings than in Japan? 

As an aside, I don't think the game dropped to 50 yen. There are some arcades that run the game at 50 yen, and your friend may have been playing at one of them, but I'm pretty sure the overall price is still 100 (a few JP players i asked confirmed 100, and we have some american players in Japan currently who can also confirm). I still agree the game is pretty kusoge, and I agree that the fact that some arcades have lowered the price to 50 is a sign of decline, but it's not accurate to say that the price flat out dropped to 50.

Simply more money :( sadly..

I am already communicating with the arcade owners and begging them to change the settings. One of the arcade is running at Japan damage but with 210 seconds only. We hope that we can have 240 seconds.

Thanks for the update on the jp price. Bamco is also trying to catch up by telling players to play more from a certain period of time and unlock free stuffs after that period of time. (Which is a bad sign)

It's just a natural cycle of things. VS has had some shitty games before and it's survived. While MB is bad it isn't as bad as GvG or RvZ1, but a lot of people in the western scene only started with EXVS so this is their first experience of VS series having a quantifiably "bad" game. And GvG's failure gave us GvGN, a very good game that laid the groundwork towards a more exciting and engaging gameplay system that then blew up Japan when they designed a whole game around it. I reject your position that it was a "lazy" move to appeal to newbies.

It wasn't popular at first because it fundamentally and irreversibly altered the style of the series, but what we have now with Full Boost is ultimately just...better than anything the old series did. And that's reflected in the sales. RvZ2 never did anything like the kind of numbers EXVSFB did, at a time when Gundam franchise and arcades were both booming a lot bigger than they were in 2012. It's worth pointing out that the vast majority of this forum, also, did not give a shit about this series when RvZ2 was its lead game. Its popularity in the east AND west was also driven purely by the shift in gameplay towards a faster and more skill-based control system.

I think the question/statement/something I'm left with is...granting that there are suits that are above-average strong because they have some seriously good tools or attack values, and there are suits that are below-average for the same reason on the opposite end, I still feel player ability strongly affects the outcome of a match more than the MS.

Just because someone plays W0TV or Banshee does not mean that they are playing on auto-win mode, by any stretch. You still have to put in some time into learning how to use the suit, even if its abilities are OP and even if it takes less effort than other suits. Just because I come across a W0TV or a Banshee in shuffle it doesn't mean the match is hopeless, by any stretch. The partner I wind up with and our coordination have immeasurably more contributed to my winning or losing a match than the suits I was up against. Similarly, I've gone up against a Zeta and a Stargazer before - two suits ranked lowly in tiers who don't have great toolkits - and got my ass kicked by players who knew those suits inside and out. I distinctly remember the Stargazer ass-kicking, a) because it was so brutal, b) because I legitimately didn't think it was possible to kick ass with that MS.

So I feel like the place where things like damage, priority, and proration values of suits being what swings a game is at a very high level where skill is essentially equal on all grounds between opponents at the top of the game...and if these two situations are true, is that not indicative of overall good balance in a game??