Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

It's just a natural cycle of things. VS has had some shitty games before and it's survived. While MB is bad it isn't as bad as GvG or RvZ1, but a lot of people in the western scene only started with EXVS so this is their first experience of VS series having a quantifiably "bad" game. And GvG's failure gave us GvGN, a very good game that laid the groundwork towards a more exciting and engaging gameplay system that then blew up Japan when they designed a whole game around it. I reject your position that it was a "lazy" move to appeal to newbies.

It wasn't popular at first because it fundamentally and irreversibly altered the style of the series, but what we have now with Full Boost is ultimately just...better than anything the old series did. And that's reflected in the sales. RvZ2 never did anything like the kind of numbers EXVSFB did, at a time when Gundam franchise and arcades were both booming a lot bigger than they were in 2012. It's worth pointing out that the vast majority of this forum, also, did not give a shit about this series when RvZ2 was its lead game. Its popularity in the east AND west was also driven purely by the shift in gameplay towards a faster and more skill-based control system.

Actually RVZ 1 and 2 are both good games. They are both successful and are both still making huge amount of money for arcades. 

We dont have MB everywhere in Hong Kong. But we have RVZ2 everywhere in Hong Kong. We still have thousands of players playing RVZ2 and hundreds of newbies joining the RVZ scene. It is commercially more successful than any G VS series to date.

While full boost seems to be better. Its all due to the fact that FB has PS3 ports and PS3 has no region lock. Back then in PS2 RVZ2 wasnt that popular due to the fact that you can only play alone at home and you would need a japanese/hacked console to play it.

Competitively RVZ2 is still a better game and more balanced game.

Next and Gundam VS Gundam killed a lot of arcade owners in Hong Kong.

RVZ2 was too good. Arcade owners here bought at least 8 GVG consoles and they all failed to sale.

At the time of Next the game became an AI vs game. Players don't want to play competitively and only cares about killing the AIs over and over again.

Most arcade centers changed the settings so that everyone can enjoy playing against AIs.

EX was a success long after RVZ. It was still nothing like RVZ and RVZ2. It did bring back some of the old players and became a spot light until the release of 00-Q and X1-FC which broke the game.

FB was following the path of EX and did a good job too. But then dividing burst into assault and burst simply didnt work out the way they wanted. They want people to choose between power or mobility. Mobility is always better in gundam games hence little to no player would use A burst. The game was more balanced until the release of banshee and wing zero TV.

RVZ2 is still popular and is still making money after all those years. i have to give credit to capcom for creating such high quality game. 

This is a fact and will remain as history of the Gundam VS series since it is still the most successful gundam VS ever made. 

Extreme did manage to catch up but have totally lost all momentum at the moment. EX cannot live up to expectations due to over drives and balance issues.

Although, looking at it now that comment is admittedly speaking more from a perspective of FB than MB and the Drive systems and how they've affected the game I guess. But I feel like the concept surely still holds true?

Taking Zabanya - who is pretty much globally pointed to as being "broken"-level OP - if the suit is so over-the-top good that it's pointless to even bother playing against it, why are there not matches that are Zab/Zab vs Zab/Zab? Especially if people are supposedly not playing the game because of suits being outrageously OP and unfairly good in the hands of weaker players. It leaves the perception that the arcades then would be left only with these people abusing a broken MS.

I think the question/statement/something I'm left with is...granting that there are suits that are above-average strong because they have some seriously good tools or attack values, and there are suits that are below-average for the same reason on the opposite end, I still feel player ability strongly affects the outcome of a match more than the MS.

Just because someone plays W0TV or Banshee does not mean that they are playing on auto-win mode, by any stretch. You still have to put in some time into learning how to use the suit, even if its abilities are OP and even if it takes less effort than other suits. Just because I come across a W0TV or a Banshee in shuffle it doesn't mean the match is hopeless, by any stretch. The partner I wind up with and our coordination have immeasurably more contributed to my winning or losing a match than the suits I was up against. Similarly, I've gone up against a Zeta and a Stargazer before - two suits ranked lowly in tiers who don't have great toolkits - and got my ass kicked by players who knew those suits inside and out. I distinctly remember the Stargazer ass-kicking, because I legitimately didn't think it was possible to kick ass with that MS.

So I feel like the place where things like damage, priority, and proration values of suits being what swings a game is at a very high level where skill is essentially equal on all grounds between opponents at the top of the game...and if these two situations are true, is that not indicative of overall good balance in a game??

Not trying to insult anyone. But if two players are at the same high level the player playing Wing zero will 80% of the time win the match-up.

Skill is one thing but then MS performance is anything thing. 

Competitions show the truth. Wing Zero dominate so many mini competitions in Japan. Zabanya too. There is a reason behind why they win those competitions and why lower tier will mostly lose.

I am only assume that you lost to zeta and stargazer because you are:

1. Still learning the game

2. Didn't know what can those suits do and how to handle them.

3. Having a bad day 

4. They are just simply far superior 

I myself dont usually lose when i use SF with my partner. However whenever we face Wing Zero we have to struggle extra hard to win the game and I am talking about a player that is slightly weaker than us giving us an extremely hard time.

When we face players of the same level. We literally go 4-6. We can win 40% of the game while the Wing Zero's side win 60% of the game.

Although, looking at it now that comment is admittedly speaking more from a perspective of FB than MB and the Drive systems and how they've affected the game I guess. But I feel like the concept surely still holds true?

Taking Zabanya - who is pretty much globally pointed to as being "broken"-level OP - if the suit is so over-the-top good that it's pointless to even bother playing against it, why are there not matches that are Zab/Zab vs Zab/Zab? Especially if people are supposedly not playing the game because of suits being outrageously OP and unfairly good in the hands of weaker players. It leaves the perception that the arcades then would be left only with these people abusing a broken MS.

Zabanya is not automatically good. You need a partner who has courage to spam melee. Storm the front. Go die like a boss. 

Zabanya is broken for that reason. Not broken for the suit alone. But when Zabanya is with banshee/X1/Susanoo. They win 80% of the time.

Not trying to insult anyone. But if two players are at the same high level the player playing Wing zero will 80% of the time win the match-up.

Skill is one thing but then MS performance is anything thing. 

Yes, that point I'm saying I recognize and concede as not being good, and something that merits change. But I also feel like that in the overall landscape of the game that percentage of the player population is comparatively small, no? And for a larger percentage of the population that sort of thing maybe isn't so harshly experienced.

But, again, this is more in line with FB and this is the MB thread. I'm sure the Drive system is what has really thrown a bad wrench in the overall landscape of the game balance.

Yes, that point I'm saying I recognize and concede as not being good, and something that merits change. But I also feel like that in the overall landscape of the game that percentage of the player population is comparatively small, no? And for a larger percentage of the population that sort of thing maybe isn't so harshly experienced.

But, again, this is more in line with FB and this is the MB thread. I'm sure the Drive system is what has really thrown a bad wrench in the overall landscape of the game balance.

Well, its kinda hard to tell whether we have a lot of good players or not since if you are good, you will have a large group of good friends. Most of my friends are hardcore so i cannot tell.

But theoretically, the smaller group should feel more pressure. Imagine this> When a good player is having a hard time against those suit. What will happen if the player is actually bad? I assume that they will have a harder time. 

But to be honest there is no measure to this.

Imagine this> When a good player is having a hard time against those suit. What will happen if the player is actually bad? I assume that they will have a harder time. 

Do you mean if a good player struggles against the suit piloted by a good player, what will happen when a less skilled player fights against it when it's still piloted by the same good player, or when both players are less skilled? I'm assuming you mean the first?

But...this point still emphasizes the effect of skill over the MS...If a weaker player is playing against a W0TV in the hands of a high grade player, I certainly would expect a thorough ass-kicking to occur. I've seen it happen - I've had it happen >< But if a bad player goes up against a strong player not in W0TV the outcome I would still expect to be similar, maybe just not as embarrassing. That's actually what happened with the Stargazer example I gave - I was playing unranked trying to practice my front play and this person a number of grades above me just stomped me (which...wound up still quite embarrassing...)

But crap, I keep falling back on this FB mentality. MB there isn't ranked and unranked in the 2v2 mode I guess, right? You just play against whoever else is there, whatever their skill level is, and you may have no idea?? If so then yeah, that scenario of unmatched skill levels and the unfortunate result would obviously be much more likely to occur.

Do you mean if a good player struggles against the suit piloted by a good player, what will happen when a less skilled player fights against it when it's still piloted by the same good player, or when both players are less skilled? I'm assuming you mean the first?

But...this point still emphasizes the effect of skill over the MS...If a weaker player is playing against a W0TV in the hands of a high grade player, I certainly would expect a thorough ass-kicking to occur. I've seen it happen - I've had it happen >< But if a bad player goes up against a strong player not in W0TV the outcome I would still expect to be similar, maybe just not as embarrassing. That's actually what happened with the Stargazer example I gave - I was playing unranked trying to practice my front play and this person a number of grades above me just stomped me (which...wound up still quite embarrassing...)

But crap, I keep falling back on this FB mentality. MB there isn't ranked and unranked I guess, right? You just play against whoever else is there, whatever their skill level is, and you may have no idea??

Yep, the arcade scene is different compared to home consoles. You are constantly playing ranked in the arcade.

Most arcade players know how to play the game already so we dont always see super newbies playing. 

But there are people who are bad at the game but think that they are godlike. 

Most of those guys abuse game mechanics. LIke how i saw this guy on PS3 yesterday, his name was wing_0- or sth like that.

i met him on ranked and everytime i meet him, he is only playing wing zero. His skills are horrible. But it was a hard game for both me and my partner. Thats FB.

If we play against Wing zero in MB, i wont even get to mid range. I spam dragons and CS of strike freedom to win. 4/6B whenever i need to and get away asap. Same thing with my partner we will run until time over if we had to since its too hard to win trades mid/close range.

Actually RVZ 1 and 2 are both good games. They are both successful and are both still making huge amount of money for arcades. 

We dont have MB everywhere in Hong Kong. But we have RVZ2 everywhere in Hong Kong. We still have thousands of players playing RVZ2 and hundreds of newbies joining the RVZ scene. It is commercially more successful than any G VS series to date.

While full boost seems to be better. Its all due to the fact that FB has PS3 ports and PS3 has no region lock. Back then in PS2 RVZ2 wasnt that popular due to the fact that you can only play alone at home and you would need a japanese/hacked console to play it.

Competitively RVZ2 is still a better game and more balanced game.

Next and Gundam VS Gundam killed a lot of arcade owners in Hong Kong.

RVZ2 was too good. Arcade owners here bought at least 8 GVG consoles and they all failed to sale.

At the time of Next the game became an AI vs game. Players don't want to play competitively and only cares about killing the AIs over and over again.

Most arcade centers changed the settings so that everyone can enjoy playing against AIs.

EX was a success long after RVZ. It was still nothing like RVZ and RVZ2. It did bring back some of the old players and became a spot light until the release of 00-Q and X1-FC which broke the game.

FB was following the path of EX and did a good job too. But then dividing burst into assault and burst simply didnt work out the way they wanted. They want people to choose between power or mobility. Mobility is always better in gundam games hence little to no player would use A burst. The game was more balanced until the release of banshee and wing zero TV.

RVZ2 is still popular and is still making money after all those years. i have to give credit to capcom for creating such high quality game. 

This is a fact and will remain as history of the Gundam VS series since it is still the most successful gundam VS ever made. 

Extreme did manage to catch up but have totally lost all momentum at the moment. EX cannot live up to expectations due to over drives and balance issues.

A lot of people's view of FB as a "better game" doesn't stem from PS3 release...its because the game achieved a comparably "faster" (RvZ2 is still fast though) and more intense game at more ranges with more variety and options. Nearly all the basic concepts of the series are embodied very well in RvZ2, and yeah you could probably argue they're more solid and fair than the EXVS series is. But the concepts of movement in EXVS as a result of GvGN's dash cancel addition add like, a lot of extra individual layers to each movement and attack. When everyone has more movement options and ways to attack and their attacks are faster it makes each exchange that players are having and the decisions they make in each series of movements more interesting to some people (including me).

I respect anyone who prefers the older style though because like I said, it embodies all the core concepts very well, but to me the comparisons between them are almost like comparing; game with varied and high possibility neutral game with lots of hitconfirms (ie, example I'm familiar with, Melty Blood AA) to a game with more traditional roots and a higher value on poking but still better mobility than most traditional fighters (Like KoF 98/2002 UM).

There are more similarities between basic concepts of space control in those games than most casual onlookers realise, but regardless its obvious that not everyone likes either of them for the same reasons, and some people prefer a more basic approach with less "fluff" or what they consider to be padding/pandering to noobs. But that padding in itself does add a lot of dynamics that change the game and open up different situations that call for different responses. Please understand, I'm not saying FB is a more "complex" game or requires more skill, just that its different (duh!) and that difference has some very strong appeal to some people too.

All things considered, FB has a lot of problems, predominantly being that the best suits are all way too safe and if players know how to use them very safely then it can be very frustrating to attack them (unless you are using some OP tool such as Banshee sub or W0 Zero System or Unicorn NTD BC) But at the same time that was needed to shift the game away from how overaggressive it had become in vanilla, so they gave many suits more evasive capability and better movement. But that is a much more tolerable game to me than one that rely on just trying to abuse mechanics to overwhelm people like with Drive in Maxi Boost or EXVS triple half bursts, and better displays the potential of things you can do in this engine when neutral is more important.

Sorry but this seems to come within your own small bubble of Hong Kong scene, which is really peripheral to what actually matters, Japanese scene. Don't think for a second that I'm trying to talk down your scene but when there's no footage of top HK players competing against top JP players to gauge skill levels or anything like that, and when you talk about the machines being stuck on wacky settings and more people playing RvZ2 than EXVS it kind of damages your credibility a bit. The fact of the matter is that EXVSFB massively outstrips every other VS series game in terms of popularity in terms of worldwide sales, the vast majority of which are in Japan.

For what it's worth I love the older VS games too. Not a huge fan of rvz1 but rvz2 is a legit Good Game and I'd like to type more thoughts on it but I'd basically be repeating what Irysa said. But ultimately it was a far more niche game that rode on the popularity of Gundam more than anything, as it continued a tradition of Gundam video games generally being clunky, awkward pieces of shit as a rule. Movement was slow, yet deliberate, every step and boost dash requiring justification and planning to avoid being punished. I like that style of game and I'd like to see it make a comeback as an alternate series to the VS we have now.

Even post-GvGN VS is the exception to the rule. Most Gundam games STILL play like shit and a lot of people associate "gundam game" with stuff like gundam musou, the Assault series, or shit like that new sidestories gaiden game rather than this. Gundam action games have always been very niche and sold quite poorly with the rare exception. So I think you're grossly underestimating the impact that EXVS series has had, and projecting the popularity of RvZ2 within your scene onto the general worldwide stage.

Next dash did made the game faster. But did it really gave more depth to the game? No.
Back then, in order to land a 3 br combo. You and your partner will need to lock the same guy and do it with perfect timing. More teamwork is needed back before the GVG series. After the release of the original GVG, they didn't know how to balance the game with their old system. For example. Wing Zero's Buster Rifle at close range is literally suicide since you cannot step during the gerobi.

God gundam's god finger can block projectile and track /chase the enemy TWICE.
Freedom's AC/Zeta's BC/GOUF's BC..ETC Most of those "evasive moves can be used once you land. You don't even need to wait for boost recovery.

Now about next dash. We have speed in RVZ2 which is literally the same thing. That was the reason why RVZ2 was famous. Speed burst was fun and you can have more choice during the Speed burst. Next = Gundam VS with unlimited Speed burst from RVZ2. They did tweaked a few things. But it didnt work as expected. Next was still one of the worst GVS ever made. Japan or HK, it was a failure. It did attract a lot of new blood tho. Since the game is basically easier.

HK players are the second well known. Japanese are not nessercarily better. If they are all that good, they won't be relying on suit OPness to win competitions/online matches. There is this guy called yusukeanswer on Nico. He streams a lot of FB plays and most of the time he plays 00-Q/Wing Zero.

Yeah he has the skill and the team work. Does that make him godlike? No. Most of the time when players like Yusuke use suits that are not S ranks. They play like a newbie. Which is why i was mentioning MS balance so much.
If anyone here doubt that HK players are as good as the Japanese players. Please feel free to visit HK. Contact me and i will show you around.

About RVZ2. The movement wasn't shit at all. it wasn't even close to being a shit game. Noir and Providence was very OP yes. But then the game itself relies on personal skill more than MS performance. As i said, almost MS is the same due to the fact that Step Cancelling was too good.

About worldwide stage. I never mention about the entire world.(maybe i did, gotta check it later) I was referring it to arcade centers.
There are still a few arcade center with RVZ2 in japan. Almost every center in HK has RVZ2. And people are still loving that game.
I myself gave up on RVZ2 simply because I don't want to be step cancelling too much in Vanilla EXVS. Now that they buffed SC in FB. People are abusing it again!

As I said earlier. EXVS was a success due to the fact that:
GVG and NEXT were both shitty.

People waited too long for a good GVS game
First HD GVS
Online battle on consoles
A lot of commercials

The above statements are facts that cannot be denied.
RVZ2 on the other hand has little commercials.
Was following the Seed "Wave"
Was a hit in Asia but not the western world due to the fact that no one can play online+PS2 regional code.

Bandai didn't care about USA/CANADA/EUROPE.
RVZ2 was made for Japan only.
HK was just lucky enough to have arcades with a bunch of Gundam vs players.

Kinda Tired and will type again later.
I apologize for repeating points again. I am suffering from food poisoning and is feeling quite delusional..

P.S this will be my last post on RVZ2.Sorry for being off-topic

I think all of these discussion are very good, there are a lot of things that we, west players don't know about the series and always is good to learn new things.

If NEXT was so shitty, why were its core mechanics used to build the next game around? EXVS is essentially just refined GvGN, with removal of a lot of legacy engine elements that were unnecessary or made the game feel clunky (ground melee, BR movement locking). If NEXT was so shitty why did it completely blow up competitively with huge tournaments monthly on the scale never reflected before in Japan? When I say "worldwide" I'm essentially talking about the East Asia region. EXVS in the west is a million times more popular than any previous titles but it still registers as a tiny blip on the radar.

Most people on dustloop are here from originally playing fighting games and being a part of FG scene. And in FG scene we generally don't like to theorycraft people being better than other people. If you want recognised as being good, get out to an event and prove it. That's the motto we've always used and it holds here as well. No-one is going to rate your scene in comparison to JP scene until we get video evidence of your top players competing at big JP tournaments. Sorry, but that's how it goes. Anyone on this forum who claimed to be "as good as JP players" would get told the same thing: "Go to JP, get nicovideo footage of you doing well at an event, and then we'll rate you".

I'm sure your scene is probably very good at RvZ2, much like China are the best in the world at kof98 because they never moved on to newer versions. I've seen very little footage of HK exvs and what I saw didn't massively impress me, it looked at about the same level as the top EU/US netplayers, which is still far below JP competitive level.

And for the last time, I don't fucking dislike RvZ2 or think it's a shit game, please do not put words in my mouth.

If NEXT was so shitty, why were its core mechanics used to build the next game around? EXVS is essentially just refined GvGN, with removal of a lot of legacy engine elements that were unnecessary or made the game feel clunky (ground melee, BR movement locking). If NEXT was so shitty why did it completely blow up competitively with huge tournaments monthly on the scale never reflected before in Japan? When I say "worldwide" I'm essentially talking about the East Asia region. EXVS in the west is a million times more popular than any previous titles but it still registers as a tiny blip on the radar.

Most people on dustloop are here from originally playing fighting games and being a part of FG scene. And in FG scene we generally don't like to theorycraft people being better than other people. If you want recognised as being good, get out to an event and prove it. That's the motto we've always used and it holds here as well. No-one is going to rate your scene in comparison to JP scene until we get video evidence of your top players competing at big JP tournaments. Sorry, but that's how it goes. Anyone on this forum who claimed to be "as good as JP players" would get told the same thing: "Go to JP, get nicovideo footage of you doing well at an event, and then we'll rate you".

I'm sure your scene is probably very good at RvZ2, much like China are the best in the world at kof98 because they never moved on to newer versions. I've seen very little footage of HK exvs and what I saw didn't massively impress me, it looked at about the same level as the top EU/US netplayers, which is still far below JP competitive level.

And for the last time, I don't fucking dislike RvZ2 or think it's a shit game, please do not put words in my mouth.

First of all, Next dash cannot be removed. As I said. They wanted to game to be easier and NEXT dash was the way to make it easier.

About HK footage. We simply don't have the choice to upload our videos to Nico since our arcades here don't have the recording tools.

We only have one arcade center here with the tools to record stuffs and that place is a newbie area.

If you really think that we play like the EU/US netplayers then keep your thoughts that way. We think that EU/US netplayers are the worst worldwide. There might be a few guys who know how to play the game.

Finally, I don't think that we HK players have to do anything to prove to anyone that we are better or not.

I don't have to do anything to prove that too. Believing me or not is your choice, I have nth to do with that and working in HK is a pain in the ass. We HK guys have little time to travel around. I was so busy that I cannot play MB for like 2 weeks straight.

I might go JP with my partner late 2014 or early 2015. Still a long way to go.

XDiv and DSH being two of the top 2.5's in maxi :yaaay:

but uh...I'm curious I always figured the main reason TV was better than Reborns in FB was because of Zero System. So why is his still considered too strong now does he still just beat most other 3k's matchup wise? Which really wouldn't shock me since they didnt touch his other insanely good tools.

Also how is Full Cloth I havent heard a thing about him since Maxi dropped. I'm assuming F-drive makes him retarded.

disclaimer: I am bad at this game

I'll try my best to answer this question, though I'm sure some one did answer it in those wall of text post. It's zero system is just apart of it's OPness. It still has a good boost dash, damage output, speed and mobility, with downside being less than average durability for a 3k, and maybe some ammo issues. The Zero System nerf doesn't make it as ridiculous, but it's still a freaking good suit. Maybe they can play around with it's damage output, tighten some of it's combo strings etc. imo, it's charged BR into 8b, rolling buster pisses me off to no end.

I haven't seen many Full Cloth gameplays, but I would think that it would have a better foot hold in the 3ks because of the drives. If it's any better than what it was in FB, it's damage must be nuts. And no you aren't bad at least you learn from your mistakes ;)

I just want to know why every other 2k suit gets a 100 HP buff while F91 is stuck with only a 40 HP buff and no other buffs.

I'll try my best to answer this question, though I'm sure some one did answer it in those wall of text post. It's zero system is just apart of it's OPness. It still has a good boost dash, damage output, speed and mobility, with downside being less than average durability for a 3k, and maybe some ammo issues. The Zero System nerf doesn't make it as ridiculous, but it's still a freaking good suit. Maybe they can play around with it's damage output, tighten some of it's combo strings etc. imo, it's charged BR into 8b, rolling buster pisses me off to no end.

I haven't seen many Full Cloth gameplays, but I would think that it would have a better foot hold in the 3ks because of the drives. If it's any better than what it was in FB, it's damage must be nuts. And no you aren't bad at least you learn from your mistakes ;)

I just want to know why every other 2k suit gets a 100 HP buff while F91 is stuck with only a 40 HP buff and no other buffs.

F91 has great mobility and MEPE(mini zero system), that was part of the reason.

Suits with high mobility usually have less HP since they can dodge better. For example :Strike Freedom, Freedom, F91...

SF has 80 HP buff while Wing Zero has 130 HP buff compared to FB. (750 for wing zero)

This sadly proves that the development team is being unfair. They didn't really nerf the zero system. The duration is longer than before. They were forced to change it to once per MS since Japanese players were abusing it. They won't attack until Zero System is up and when they do use Zero System with burst.. its a nightmare.

But still they suit is very strong.

UPDATE: They will be patching the game next week. Nerfing a lot of suits and buffing a lot of other suits too. HAPPY TO HEAR.

If you really think that we play like the EU/US netplayers then keep your thoughts that way. We think that EU/US netplayers are the worst worldwide. There might be a few guys who know how to play the game.

I kinda pulled my head out because you were making sense up to a point, but can you not sling shit at nearly the entire western hemisphere? Most EXVS players in the west have played in Japanese and and play ranked too so....I think it's massively unfair to just categorize the EU/US as a mentality with the entire nation just because they are not from your country.

New user here trying to join the discussion. I am from Hong Kong too. Sorry if my English is not that good. I work for a Japanese company and always travel to Japan and USA. I played FB online in New York and i have to agree with Kira that western players are not as good. I am considered as a "OK" level player here in HK and Japan. But when I was staying at NY, I usually end up winning a lot more. Just my thoughts, no bad intention. Kira you should try to be more calm and try to talk with a little more manners. I believe in your abilities and knowledge, but not everyone can accept people like you.

Welcome to Dustloop. Darkslayer. (Vergil? lol)
Where do you play when you are in HK? We could maybe meet up sometime and have fun at MB.
I will try to mind my language more here, too used to HKGOLDEN, everyone is straightforward there

Gundam, G-Mecha, Char's Zaku, The O, Qubeley Mk-II (Puru), Nu, Berga Giros, V2, Dragon, Wing Zero, X Divider, Turn X, Legend, Susanoo, Zabanya, Banshee, Hi-Nu, Crossbone X3, Astray Red Frame Kai.

Let's see how they are going to balance them in the upcoming 5/27 update.

Finally, I don't think that we HK players have to do anything to prove to anyone that we are better or not.

I don't have to do anything to prove that too. Believing me or not is your choice, I have nth to do with that and working in HK is a pain in the ass. We HK guys have little time to travel around. I was so busy that I cannot play MB for like 2 weeks straight.

Frankly, I think you do have to provide some evidence to support this, but in all honesty, I don't care. Trying to get into a stable match with little delay against an HK player is basically impossible with the latency involved. The same goes for connecting to Japan, as well.

New user here trying to join the discussion. I am from Hong Kong too. Sorry if my English is not that good. I work for a Japanese company and always travel to Japan and USA. I played FB online in New York and i have to agree with Kira that western players are not as good. I am considered as a "OK" level player here in HK and Japan. But when I was staying at NY, I usually end up winning a lot more. Just my thoughts, no bad intention. Kira you should try to be more calm and try to talk with a little more manners. I believe in your abilities and knowledge, but not everyone can accept people like you.

I'll admit to what you say here as likely being true, but both of you must remember that the population size for GvG in North America is drastically smaller than what it is in HK. If we were to assume that 38% of all HK players played competitively and that the same percentage was true in North America, then the number of competitive players would likely be smaller, due to the more limited population. This also means that the number of people that are actually, really good at the game is much smaller in comparison to a place like HK.

I'm curious as to who you played while you were here and what your PSN ID is, but that (and the rest of this tangent we've somehow diverted to) is all better suited for a different discussion.

Gundam, G-Mecha, Char's Zaku, The O, Qubeley Mk-II (Puru), Berga Giros, Victory, V2, Dragon, Wing Zero, X Divider, Turn X, Legend, Susanoo, Zabanya, Banshee, Hi-Nu, Crossbone X3, Astray Red Frame Kai.

Let's see how they are going to balance them in the upcoming 5/27 update.

I'm hoping Zabanya and Divider don't get nerfed below an equivalent of A.