Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

So I'm in HK right now. Just wanted to post some stuff that I found out from just playing a couple games:

NOTE: I went to Gamezone in Mong Kok. It may be different than other places or even what Japan does entirely. Also, if I'm saying anything that has already been said, just ignore it.

Firstly, I went at around 4:30pm and it was already mad packed. If you lose, there is definitely someone ready to take your place. I can only imagine that more people will show up the later you go.

In case anyone is planning to go to HK, it costs 8HKD (roughly $1.50 US) to play. A card will cost you 30HKD (roughly $4). The controls may be a little bit different than your typical fight stick. A B and C are spread out in order from left to right on the top row while the left and middle buttons on the bottom row can both change targets.

One thing I had no idea about was that S Drive actually provides infinite BR ammo for your A (This happened while I was playing Xi but I'm assuming it's the same for all suits). I can see how people might not feel that that's "balanced" per say. As for damage level, I remember someone posting that the dmg value was higher than default but it looked fine to me. I got zunda'd by Infinite Justice and was dealt 120 dmg.

Lastly, if you do buy a card, you have to register it on NamcoBandai's site: http://web.vsmobile.jp/mb/menu.html?from= It's pretty easy to navigate and everything from setting your favourite suits to Navi to HUDs can be done through here as well as tracking your win rate.

My sample size for gameplay is fairly minimal so I'm going to play more and see how the rest of it goes.

Based ojama. Requesting tests and information on Brave. Age-2, enhanced ZZ. 

Also, make sure not to get squashed too hard. your representing the nation here

Damn, he looks hype. One of the very few seed units I actually liked from the series design wise. I'm guessing mirage collider removes lock-on?

Blitz...I guess looks interesting? I couldn't help but notice though, they showed almost none of his core moveset, just the same 2-3 melee combos over and over o_O

• main: never used
  • sub: from the image I was assuming it was the tow cable? but unless it can be used as an  ~a/ab melee cancel, or the ammo counter was just bugged, I must be wrong because the ammo for it was never spent
  • [ac] Aegis assist: was used once, but the ammo for it wasn't spent, which is why I said above maybe something was just off for the PV demo...?
  • [bc] colloid mirage: the entire gimmick of the suit was only used once - for 2s, first thing shown - and then never again??

I just don't get it...why not show off everything in the PV? Especially for a suit that doesn't go through like form changes or anything to have more stuff to have to show in a 2 min window.

Blitz...I guess looks interesting? I couldn't help but notice though, they showed almost none of his core moveset, just the same 2-3 melee combos over and over o_O

• main: never used
  • sub: from the image I was assuming it was the tow cable? but unless it can be used as an  ~a/ab melee cancel, or the ammo counter was just bugged, I must be wrong because the ammo for it was never spent
  • [ac] Aegis assist: was used once, but the ammo for it wasn't spent, which is why I said above maybe something was just off for the PV demo...?
  • [bc] colloid mirage: the entire gimmick of the suit was only used once - for 2s, first thing shown - and then never again??

I just don't get it...why not show off everything in the PV? Especially for a suit that doesn't go through like form changes or anything to have more stuff to have to show in a 2 min window.

I'm guessing the sub is consecutively firing missiles, assuming that they're doing it like the anime. 

I thought the same thing, they really didn't do a good job showing off the blitz in the PV. the Zabanya and FA Unicorn trailers showed off their stuff much better. well I'm super hyped for the blitz. always wanted him playable but never really thought he'd make it in at most i guessed he'd be an assist for the Aegis =p.

Attack of the Clones!

was kinda hoping they were going to change more then that to the clones....Guess if they have all the clones stay the same Crazy Quatre will be a high end 2500 with his rechargeable zero system lol

I like Lacus IJ >_> she's pretty capable for 1k I feel in fb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

is there a tier list for maxi boost? i've only seen 2 videos of penelope gundam and i'm wondering if he's any good

I made an averaged tier list from a JP thread after the recent update a couple of pages back, but I'm not sure there's any sort of more "official" list.

Edit: also, you can find accumulated nico video archives for MB replays here (horibuna). (here is Penelope's page specifically)

Has there been any sort of major tournament yet considering it's only been out for 3 months?? Better question, what/who should I follow to see news about upcoming tournaments here if I want to actually go to one even just to watch??

The major tournament is the Shinjuku Sportsland tournament series that runs monthly. It's where all the best players gather and you can generally find data about what's good or viable. It gets several hundred participants a month and it's the only tournament officially sanctioned by BandaiNamco. Technically all other tournaments are supposedly not permitted officially (though people run them anyways). There's a twitter account that posts the top 8 team rosters for every tournament usually, too.

They run large team tournaments, traditionally anywhere from 6on6 to 10on10, which is the count of the players on each team - 10on10 is 5 teams on each side.

It's done pokemon style by order written on the roster. In the case of a time out, it's a double KO, unless one side's captain team (the final team) is the only one remaining. If only one side's final team is playing and it's a time out, it's a rematch. If there is a second time out, only the non-captain team loses. I don't remember the ruling on time outs for captain vs captain, but it's probably just endless retry till someone wins.

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I have been playing Gundam Vs. games for a while and know the basic mechanic of this series. I have a question. Does Taiwan have EXVS Maxi Boost in aracde, or is it only available in Japan and Hong Kong? Appreciate your answer.

Does Taiwan have EXVS Maxi Boost in aracde, or is it only available in Japan and Hong Kong? Appreciate your answer.

The box locator on the official website shows only locations for Japan and HK, so :/

Since I was on the subject of Shinjuku Sportsland, I happened to have the main twitter account up just now - he generally tweets the team rosters for the top 8 of each tourney, pretty useful for seeing what's being played - https://twitter.com/afro_ray2

Since I was on the subject of Shinjuku Sportsland, I happened to have the main twitter account up just now - he generally tweets the team rosters for the top 8 of each tourney, pretty useful for seeing what's being played - https://twitter.com/afro_ray2

Ahh I followed him a couple of days ago not knowing he was the account you mentioned lol. Thanks!

I'm trying to make use of my current living situation to if nothing else at least be more informed on upcoming news about the game ><