Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

Is the general consensus that Maxi boost is worse than full boost?

I think the general consensus - in simplest form - is that the new overdrive mechanic broke a lot of the balance and neutral game focus of FB that a number of players like. There are positive things and other negative things, but overdrive is very resoundingly disliked.

When you use S drive do some suits gain an amekyan? On several occasions when using Rozen Zulu I felt that I did a fast fall when S drive was activated but I'm not sure what attacks do it.

It's not that suits gain an amekyan. It's that they can cancel any projectile into each other which makes them free fall; basically means that Rozen Zulu can do AC -> Main in S-Drive.

Is the general consensus that Maxi boost is worse than full boost?

With some of the recent patches, the game has gotten a bit better. F-Drive is no longer the dominant force in the game, and it was the thing making most people dislike it. F-Drive itself is still good but generally aside from the few melee-centric suits, The game has returned to being centered around S-Drive and BR-based play.

2014/6/24 MB Patch Notes

Destiny Gundam
-Mobility increased.
-Added cancel route from csA -> BC
-Added cancel route from csB -> BC
-AC reload time reduced by 2sec. Reduced immobility time on AC startup.
-BC boost consumption reduced.
-4/6b adjusted the distance the enemy is lifted on the third hit, made it easier to follow up.
-2b damage increased (1hit 95->100)
-cc8b melee adjusted so it's a bit easier to hit with
-EX burst attack followup ability increased. Damage increased (total 304 -> 334)

Penelope (Armor on)
-A ammo increased from 10 to 12 shots.
-csB startup speed increased. Changed the way it behaves, followup is now possible
-Can now cancel into BC when you land a melee hit.
-2b melee second hit increased (35->41)

Penelope (Armor off/Odysseus Gundam)

-AB ammo increased (1->2)
-added cancel route from AB to AC.
-AC damage increased (110 -> 120)
-BC reload time reduced by 4sec

Gundam DX
-csA guidance increased. Now inherits your movement speed before activating. [not 100% sure on this, original is 技発動前の移動速度を、より引き継ぐようにしました。]
-AB startup speed increased
-Melee and BC followup damage up (1hit 13->14)
-Reduced rigidity after firing A in MA mode
-Added cancel route to melee from MA mode

Perfect Strike Gundam
-Mobility increased
-Redlock distance increased
-csA hit damage increased (1hit 20->23) (total 211->222)
-csA damage at time of followup adjusted so it is harder to to extend damage.
-Increased control over direction/speed of csA based on directional input
-Added cancel route from AB to both AC and BC.
-AC damage increased (120 -> 125)
-4/6b melee damage increased (full hit 160 -> 175)
-2b melee now inherits your movement speed before activating.

Brave Commander (normal)
-Redlock distance up
-AC Tri-Punisher bullet speed increased. Reload time reduced by 1.5sec. Camera position adjusted, allows for more visibility now.
-Added cancel routes to AB and AC from BC and A followups.

-During BC and BC followups:
Movement increased.
Melee followup potential increased.
Projectile speed and size of Tri-Punisher AC followup increased.
Increased control over AC followup speed/direction using level input.
AC followup camera position adjusted as per above.

-Neutral melee damage increased (total 203-213) (powerup mode 243->256)
-46b followup potential increased.
-EX burst attack damage increased (306->323)

Brave Commander (powerup)
-A beam size and guidance increased.
-AC Tri-Punisher size increased

Arche Gundam
-A reload speed reduced (-0.5sec) and guidance improved
-AB reload time reduced (0.5sec) and startup time improved. Increased guidance on Fang beams. Added cancel route to AC from AB.
-4BC now has followup route to A.
-Neutral melee can now followup into 8b, 2b, and A on the first hit. Second hit can followup into A.
-b -> 2b damage increased (24->28)
-It's now harder to down enemies with 2b followup.
-Changed way enemy behaves when hit with 2b followup.
-2b startup speed icreased.

Qubeley
-A ammo increased from 8 to 10
-csA beam speed increased
-Funnel beam speed increased on 2b [assume this means on her 2b->A followup]

Gaia Gundam (MS Mode)
-A ammo increased from 7 to 8. Damage increased from 70 to 75
-csA beam guidance increased
-Increased speed that Abyss gundam fires beam on AB
-Increased movement speed on BC Chaos Gundam's weapons pod, increased missile speed fired from weapons pod, and damage on missiles increased as well (1hit 33->38)
-BC movement amount increased

Gaia Gundam (MA Mode)
-Mobility increased
-A ammo increased from 3 to 4. Inherits movement speed before activating.
-csA and AB now inherit movement speed before activating.
-AC recovers ammo on EX burst now. All melee routes' final hits can now cancel into AC.
-BC movement amount increased
-Neutral melee 4th hit adjusted so enemy is easier to follow up on.
-4/6b melee 3rd hit adjusted so enemy is easier to follow up on.
-8b->A followup now has a cancel route into BC.
-2b uses less boost, changed followup damage to make it easier to continue. Adjusted lift on enemy, made it easier to continue followup.

Gundam AGE-1 (Normal mode)
-A, 4/6b, 2b can all now cancel into AB.
-AC transformation gauge [spallow] rate gain has been increased during command inputs. Inherits your movement speed before activating.
-BC transformation gauge [Titus] rate gain has been increased during command inputs. Inherits your movement speed before activating.

Kapools

(Kapool)
-Redlock range up
-During EX burst only, the reload speed on AB is reduced by 2 seconds.
-Improved damage (1hit 50->55) and guidance on missiles fired by Kapool assists.
-During EX burst only, AC reload speed reduced by 3sec
-Extended cooldown time on BC tag-out.

(Corin Kapool)
-csA damage up (1hit 110->150)
-AB cooldown time after tag-out increased.
-During EX burst only, reload time on AB is reduced by 4sec
-Increased damage on Corin Kapool's rocket punch on BC (1hit 110 -> 120)
-Neutral melee up (total 177 -> 186)
-4/6b damage up (total 123 -> 133)
-8b damage up (total 84 -> 90)
-2b damage up (total 178 -> 189)

Gundam MK-II (Normal)
-Redlock range up
-A->AC cancel route added
-Changed AB so the missiles will explode into chaff if you input a direction. If you don't input a direction they don't explode.

Gundam MK-II (Powerup)
-A ammo increased from 6 to 7
-csB->BC cancel route added
-B->A followup now has cancel route into BC.

F91 (All forms)
-Redlock range up
-csA now inherits your movement speed before activating.
-Added cancel route from csA -> AB
-csB damage up (total 57->62)
-Adjusted damage on csB so it's easier to follow up
-Added cancel route from csB -> AB
-AB startup speed increased. VSBR ammo increased
-AC startup speed increased. Vigna Ghina's guidance improved.
-BC (lever input) startup speed increased.

F91 (Normal)
-Mobility up
-BC active time increased by 1 second.
-BC can cancel into itself now. [MEPE into the sword?]

EX Overdrives:
When selecting an overdrive the initial position of the cursor will be the "recommended" overdrive for the unit now.

Due to the adjustment of several unit's performances, we changed the recommended settings for several units.

[note: as mentioned before, this phrase " 技発動前の移動速度を、より引き継ぐようにしました" appeared several times. I do believe it means the attack inherits your movement speed, but if there's a better TL for this or I've misinterpreted please feel free to correct me]

adn beat me to it, now I have to actually study tonight instead of just translate the page and try to count that as my studying for the day XD

[note: as mentioned before, this phrase " 技発動前の移動速度を、より引き継ぐようにしました" appeared several times. I do believe it means the attack inherits your movement speed, but if there's a better TL for this or I've misinterpreted please feel free to correct me]

This was the one phrase that was tripping me up too...but yeah, I also assume it means carries over any movement momentum from before the attack into the attack.

F91 (All forms)

-Redlock range up
-AC startup speed increased. Vigna Ghina's guidance improved.

Finallyyyyy~ 

I'm not sure how the extra second of startup on BC will work, but I'm loving these buffs

Qubeley

-A ammo increased from 8 to 10

-csA beam speed increased

-Funnel beam speed increased on 2b [assume this means on her 2b->A followup]

Good, but I was kinda hoping for the funnels to get their original "one beam=flinch" that they used to have instead of the way it is now.

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I have been playing Gundam Vs. games for a while and know the basic mechanic of this series. I have a question. Does Taiwan have EXVS Maxi Boost in aracde, or is it only available in Japan and Hong Kong? Appreciate your answer.

The box locator on the official website shows only locations for Japan and HK, so :/

Nope nope nope nope nope.

Taipei has 4 cabs of Maxiboost at Tom's World in Ximending in the Wan Nian building since March?

If Taipei has it, I'm pretty sure that the other big cities in Taiwan has it as well

adn beat me to it, now I have to actually study tonight instead of just translate the page and try to count that as my studying for the day XD

This was the one phrase that was tripping me up too...but yeah, I also assume it means carries over any movement momentum from before the attack into the attack.

Mm, do you happen to have a twitter? We could coordinate these sorts of things in the future. I think you are in one of the Skype groups I am in so I could say something there as well, and we could just split the workload or something.

In case it wasn't obvious, F91's BC change is that it is active for a second longer ( 発動していられる時間を長くしました。(+1秒) )

The Japanese used in the official bandai namco patch notes is often kind of weird, so if you see weird phrasing like what someone mentioned earlier, it's not random, they just phrase stuff kinda weird (my JP friends say so)

I see, that makes much more sense. I was hoping they'd adjust it since it's where the unit excels and Blitz' on/off cloaking seemed much stronger. Just another plus on top of the other long overdue (imo) buffs and cancel routes.

Oh also Destiny is really fucking amazing apparently. Supposedly we should expect to see some Destinys at this upcoming Sportsland.

Whoops, my bad on the F91 mistranslation. It was right at the end so I think I read it a little too fast. Edited original post to be fixed. 

And yeah the Japanese is a little weird. Half the time I have to turn on the game and mess around a little bit just to make sure I understand what they are talking about, which is tough when they talk about units like Brave or Penelope that I don't have access to, so if someone who has had a chance to actually play MB can tell that those are improperly/strangely translated just let me know and I'll fix it.

I'm liking those F91 buffs a lot. Glad they decided to buff it seeing how his one of the lowest health in it's class. Hopefully more footage comes out soon. Not really disappointed with Dreadnaught H being added. Really hoping they add more niched gundams like it in the future like MK-V, but all I can do is dream for now.