Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Z-0010332536893

[FB] Nu Gundam Discussion: Push Back that Worthless Piece of Rock!

Unit: RX-93 Nu Gundam

HP: 680

Pilot: Amuro Ray

JP Wiki: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/39.html

Moveset

[A] Beam Rifle

Typical BR

Ammo: 8

Dmg: 75

[CSa] Beam Rifle (High Output)

Shot is somewhat quick and start-up doesn't fully stop inertia. Forces down.

Dmg: 120

[CSb] Dummy Ballons

Fires 3 mobile suit dummies. Draws fire of assists and blocks 1 hit of ranged attacks.

Dmg: 73 (1 hit)

[AB] Fin Funnel

Funnels are dispatched to fire at a target. Inputting a direction changes where the funnel places itself with respect to the target.

Ammo: 12

Dmg: 27 (1 hit)

[AC] Hyper Bazooka

Nu Gundam will do a back-flip to fire his bazooka. Fires slightly slower than EXVS version.

[bC] Fin Funnel Barrier

Five of Nu's 6 funnels surround to form a tetrahedron to stop ranged attacks. Only one funnel can be deployed with ab. Press bc again to recall funnels to standby.

Is this thread going to be updated any time soon?

Regardless: just like to report that I noticed his AC startup is a tad slower.

Cancel Routes

ASub, AC, BC, 2B

CSaSub, AC, BC, 2B

SubAC

any direction-B2B, AC, BC*   *Pressing BC at any point in a melee combo does the BDb combo punch and followup string.

Some Melee Combos

257   4BB->BCBBB->CSa   Limited by walls.

256   BBBBCBCSa       Powerful combo that can be finished even in overheat. BC(no followup B)->CSa does 254 damage.

255   BBB>BBCSa          This move can be a little tricky because the last hit of BBB knocks the enemy away, so you have to                                                            start the rainbow dash during the swing animation but before it actually hits if you want to get the full
                                           followup. Also, for whatever reason, I found it's much harder to connect with the second string if you
                                           rainbow step 
right instead of left. Overall, BB>BBB->CSa is much more successful of a combo, but I
                                          don't know
 the damage difference from switching the BBB and BB. I would imagine negligible?

250   BDbB>>BDbBCSa

249   BDbB>B2BCSa      Launched down. Can do end with bazooka instead for 246 damage.

246   BdB>>BdBBB

245   2B>BBBCSa           Fundamental combo.

241   4BB>BBBCSa         Fundamental combo.

BDb, 8B, and 2B all cover great ground and quickly. 2B will actually cover the most ground if you continue holding B so that you perform the final slash, and is slightly more boost efficient that BDb. On that note, 2B is an immediate cut-through (similar to God Gundam's 8B during combos) that also stuns; incredibly handy for both followup attacks or for hit-and-run. Can be canceled into at any point in a melee combo, so a very potent ability. Also remember the note about pressing BC at any point during a melee combo will immediately switch to the BDb punch combo string.

A comparison analysis of Nu vs hi-Nu:

I made a comment earlier today about how I felt that hi-Nu was better equipped offensively and Nu better equipped defensively, but then decided to actually dig into the numbers and see just what exactly the similarities and differences are.

Similarities

• HP = 600
  • BR: Exactly the same in all values except correction ratio: 70%/-30%
  • CSa: Exactly the same in all values except correction ratio: 70%/-20%?
  • Sub=Funnels: Exactly the same in all values except reload time 7s/shot, 5s/shot. correction value 90%/-10%
  • AC=Bazooka: Exactly the same in all values except damage 104 /114, reload time 5.5?s/5.0s
  • 2B: both stun enemy.
  • Cancel routes: Both suits have ASub, AC, 2B, BC*. Both suits have CSaSub, AC, 2B, BC*
    *There are differences in theBC cancels' actions and use times.

Differences

• BR and CSa: as seen above, Nu appears to be more accurate with these.
  • CSb: Nu has a CSb that hi-Nu doesn't, which releases dummy balloons that make projectiles track to them instead of Nu, and explode for damage if someone runs into them.
  • Funnels: Nu's travel faster I think. hi-Nu can hold funnels beside him with neutral in addition to sending them towards the target. As seen above, hi-Nu reloads funnels faster, but Nu's are more apparently more accurate.
  • Bazooka: It's hard to really quantify the speed difference. I tried firing at an enemy from the same distance and timing the time until impact with a stopwatch and came out about the same, but visually, hi-Nu's seems to travel faster. Nu's bazooka puts him in a somersault flip that slightly reduces the tracking of enemy projectiles.
  • 2B: again, hard to quantify which ones travels further or goes faster. It seems though Nu has a slight advantage in distance, and has the cut-through at the end. Hi-Nu definitely seems to have a much faster execution time, and is harder to cut during approach. Stays next to the target upon hitting.
  • BDb: Nu does a punch combo that can be cut easily but deals hits quickly. Hi-Nu does a dash/cutback that is very hard to cut, and can also be used as a cutthrough if you don't do the second B followup.
  • Melee in general: As a frequent hi-Nu player, I feel now that Nu has more options for dealing melee damage, and his BC and 2B abilities I think are really nice...but for the few options hi-Nu has, I think he deals comparable damage in fewer hits, and is harder to cut during combos.
  • Cancels: Nu has SubAC, any-B2B, and any-BBC cancel routes that hi-Nu does not have.
  • BC cancel: Nu's BC cancel can be done at any point during a melee combo, converting it to the BDb punch combo. Hi-Nu can only BC cancel during Psychoframe activation, performing a wide-sweeping zig-zag approach strike. Once again, Hi-Nu is much more difficult to cut during this melee action.
  • BC ability: This one is the biggie, and what unquestionably sets the two apart. Nu Gundam's Fin Funnel Barrier negates all projectile damage while it is up. It lasts 10s, can be ended before it reaches zero, and takes 20s to reload following a 13s cooldown. Hi-Nu's Psychoframe immediately reloads its funnel count and extends it from 12->18, and drastically decreases their reload time. It also increases red-lock range and I think increases mobility. It cannot be ended before reaching zero, lasts 13s and takes 30s to reload following a 1s cooldown.
  • EX Attack: Nu's attack requires basically melee range, does 300(A)/275(B) damage, but can be interrupted easily by ranged or melee. Hi-Nu's attack is a ranged gerobi dealing 314(a)/291(B) damage, and has slight ranged protection from the fin funnel barrier (but it's not a guaranteed save like Nu's barrier is, and can still be interrupted by melee).

Question Marks?

• Mobility: difficult to quantify this. I can only say hi-Nu has generally better cut resistance during melee.

Conclusion

So is "hi-Nu for offensive-focused and Nu more defensive-focused"? Looking at it now, it's not such a cut and dry difference as I originally made it out to be...So which should you pick? Well, looking through the list, Nu definitely has more and a wider range of tools available for it. Really when I look at it now and think about it, the Psychoframe BC is basically the only reason I since EXVS have played hi-Nu over Nu, because I just really like the utility that funnels provide and being able to completely reload, increase, and spam them once every 31s if desired, plus reload from EX Burst. But used in clutch moments Nu's fin funnel barrier is also a very strong tool that can significantly affect momentum in a battle. Hi-Nu's EX attack has more range, but I've had people side-step it very easily making it just as effective as Nu not being in melee range to use its...

I personally will probably still use Hi-Nu more, just because of how long I've been playing it, but I think I'm gonna put some more practice into Nu and try to make decisions on which one meshes better with certain units my partner maybe wants to play. If you have little experience with both of them and are trying to pick one, I have laid out here the similarities and differences, pros and cons.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Bh95k7-CAAACtju.jpeg

On Topic: Fin Funnel Barrier. How do you guys use it? I try to react and predict when I'm going to get hit and block the damage with the barrier and then shut it off in hopes of getting another use out of it.

Or would it be wiser to utilize it when you are close to dying?

when you want to truly press the advantage?

I think it's most often used in situations where yeah, you're getting low on health, or especially in moments where you know you are going to be double-locked (partner goes down, etc). But I've also seen it used to force double-lock advantage and down someone with lower risk.

You can also use it as a strategy for forcing attention over to your partner off of you temporarily, as anyone should know when you see it go up, unless you're in melee range, there's nothing else to do but try to get some damage on the partner. But I think this is something much more situational than the...situations lol described above.