Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

[CP-Community] Valkenhayn Events Thread: "Lol grab reset" (Next Event: 25/05)

Considering the popularity boost of the recent events we held on sundays, we decided to make a specific thread for it in order to not flood the board with posts related to it.

Rules
  • Off-topic posts aren't allowed here so don't go overboard. You're, however, free to comment about the event/what happened in it or warn people if you can or can't attend it.
  • The schedule for the next event will ALWAYS be in the first post. Which is this one. This way, people will be able to know right away when the event will be held rather than going through a bunch of posts.

Additionnal Notes
  • During the event, the players join this chatzy room in order to be able to freely discuss. This way, you can join it with a computer or a phone without any kind of registration making it quite convenient.
  • Off-topic discussion will now be held in a skype group. Please contact me if you want to be part of it. So far, we have most of the contributors here except Dreize but it's alright. We will just bait him by telling him the secret to beat Tsubaki's DP is on skype and he will 6D/Raw Rozen his way through.

Next Event Schedule

The event will be held next time:

26/05 at 1AM CET
25/05 at 12AM GMT
25/05 at 6PM CST
25/05 at 7PM EST
25/05 at 4PM PST

Event Presentation

The event started under the name EU Valk vs NA Valk but it soon became simple online team matches between Valkenhayn players from the Valk board.
After a few sets of Valk matches (EU still winning twice in a row in both results and astral count lol), it just becomes pure freeplay and you can do whatever you want or just chill in the chatzy room (You better play next time Shyn).
It's also a pretty good opportunity to learn more about matchups, talk about new techs, make fun of Kiba's red hair fetish and ask for advices. Just make sure however to tell us if you plan to attend.

For any trouble/question, feel free to PM me.

So far, we have most of the contributors here except Dreize but it's alright. We will just bait him by telling him the secret to beat Tsubaki's DP is on skype and he will 6D/Raw Rozen his way through.

Ahaha.

BRB changing custom user title to 'The Valk Killer!' You can't win, I have the power of Konan on my side. Want me to show how he pitched Uma no hone and Shiro again?

Seriously first Valk to triumph over the dark angel will have the opportunity to get the match uploaded so everyone can see how much of a scrub I am! Lol! Anyway not gonna let this get outta topic, but I don't need to enforce that against you guys because you guys are awesome. Let the games begin! ~Bane

It's also a pretty good opportunity to learn more about matchups, talk about new techs, make fun of Kiba's red hair fetish and ask for advices.

Haha.

You can't win, I have the power of Konan on my side.

That's not what a certain replay I own is proving.

Shall I make you remember ?

oRtxeXj.jpg

Anyway, jokes about Kiba's pathetic loss aside, I'm not certain if everyone noticed it but the event is now held one hour EARLIER than before. That's mostly because it was a bit too late for europeans anyway so this hour should be much more convenient.

Another thing. IIRC, the chatzy room will be deleted if it doesn't have anyone entering in a week so don't hesitate logging in/organizing a discussion if you want to. I try to log in myself whenever I remember about it but I might forget one day which would be quite annoying.

Nice Magaki this will help setup the event perfectly. Can I get an invite to the next dance?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Tfw didn't notice your post Dreize. Sorry dude.

And nah, I've been really busy lately. I might schedule another one next week or the week after though.

I'll post something here in monday for the next event.

Damn, now that I think about it, it has already been 2 months that I didn't organize anything.
Anyway, with the new batch of videos we have concerning CP1.1, I believe that we will probably have a lot of things we might want to share and discuss.

I updated the first post with the schedule concerning the next event. Obviously, please post here in order to say whether you will attend or not.
Considering that we can't have more than 8 people in a room, knowing beforehand who will attend or not will allow me to make it as smooth as usual.

Obviously, a post will be made one day before the event as a reminder.

Ohh, I forgot to post about it.

I'll simply report the event for another day. Shyn couldn't attend it and we didn't see you around so we simply decided to report it haha.

I'll probably schedule it for next week or the week after.
And yeah, I'm certain that having a proper discussion about 1.1 would be great too.

I just edited the first post with the schedule. Don't worry man. It will be this weekend.
I know you're desperately eager to 6C combos us to death while shouting BUUUTLAAAAH POUWAAH.

I know you're desperately eager to hit us with your Valk-specific Amane 6C FC combo while shouting BUUUTLAAAAH POUWAAH.

Fixed.

Next event scheduled for next week. Sadly, I have some stuff to take care of so the event will start a hour later than usual.

So I found out that I will be on Nobody.Exe's stream this Friday at UFGT.

I'm in pool B1 starting at 3:00 PM central time. Tune in and potentially cheer me on as all of the best Valks we have are across the pond, so we only have 2 representitives at UFGT including myself. Wish me luck, I feel like I'll need it.

The stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe

So I was one match away from making top 32. Not the best, but I'm pretty happy with my performance considering I only had a week to adjust to the changes. Thanks to all the guys here sharing their tech that helped me make my first major a memorable one!

Kokonoe too stronk.

Glad to see what we did helped ! If you need more help, don't hesitate posting the uploaded videos in the self improvement thread for more advices.

Also, event is delayed to next week for various reasons unfortunately.