Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronove

[Xrd] Millia Gameplay Discussion

-Will update with some sort of header later-

Sadly there hasn't been that many info on her Xrd counterpart during the loketests.

Besides her new moves and new super, changes during the loketests were:

- only one version of Silent Force (S version)

- 6K being considered an air move (still has to be confirmed from what frame this would actually occur)

- no airdash cancelable normals (has to be confirmed)

- she has somehow retained her FB Longinus (you can see that in the latest trailer ArcSys released)

And that's it. Let's hope more video footage will be available soon in the following weeks. :v

New info from the 4th loke test:

Some 4th loketest changes from the Xrd News Thread:

-Chroming Rose startup is slower

-New 6HS move is 2 hits, 2nd hit is an overhead

-2HS and j.D untech time decreased

-HS disc has longer startup and possibly fewer active frames

-j.HS has large knockback on hit

-Last boss in arcade mode is Zato-1.

New bits of info:

- New routes jS>jD and jK>jD

- jump canceling jD and airdashing right after allows Millia to pull off something similar to AC's airdash cancel combos

- something like 2HS>jK jS jD>jc airdash>jS jHS gets Millia a knockdown as well as a bit of corner carry

more info from JUN's twitter regarding Millia:

- 2 hit Tandem Top + Purple RC after hitconfirming is pretty strong

- RCing at the very end of her throw animation seems to work well, the opponent falls slowly and she can get a full combo off it.

- If you land on ground during jD's active frames Millia can follow up with 2HS

- 6P and c.S cannot be jump canceled anymore like in +R

- even if you mash Lust Shaker the move will always end at fixated number of hits.

- Purple RCing her Winger makes the opponent wall bounce

Millia army assemble! The lack airdash cancelable moves has me scratching my head though. Does this mean we lose out godlike corner carry? :(

Probably not. The game is reportedly based off of #Reload, and even without ADC her corner carry in that game was pretty much just as good as it is now. I am pretty sad at the removal of the ADC though. It is really what makes her combo theory so interesting in AC and +R. Even though Millia's strongest incarnations were in games where she didn't have ADC(X, XX, #R), she was so plain compared to what we have now.

Probably not. The game is reportedly based off of #Reload, and even without ADC her corner carry in that game was pretty much just as good as it is now. I am pretty sad at the removal of the ADC though. It is really what makes her combo theory so interesting in AC and +R. Even though Millia's strongest incarnations were in games where she didn't have ADC(X, XX, #R), she was so plain compared to what we have now.

Agreed. Though, given that there's still one final loketest there's still a very slight chance to see ADC back.

Btw, the fact that Longinus is still there is pretty interesting, I take it though that it won't cost any meter in Xrd given that there's no official forcebreak mechanic.

The Longinus-like move must be the Digitalis/H roll followup since it looks the same and I saw it done to Faust in the 2nd loketest.

Just wish someone other than the dumbnut computer would lay hands on her -and better yet, give us the scoop- :(

Man, I am going to miss ADC normals. I really wish they kept ADC normals and K pin from +R. There's so much fun stuff you can do with them, haha.

Were there ever any reports of her being able to YRC her Tandem Top? I'm hoping she'll be able to since we no longer have FB disc.

Were there ever any reports of her being able to YRC her Tandem Top? I'm hoping she'll be able to since we no longer have FB disc.

Sadly not much info available just yet. Let's hope that with the last loketests there'll be some kind folks on twitter/jBBS that will share more details.

That said, I do think that it's probably a given that she should be able to YRC her Tandem Top. The lack of FB Pretty Maze isn't really that tragic and I'm looking forward to see Secret Garden oki as well and if there have been any significant changes to it.

Some 4th loketest changes from the Xrd News Thread:

-Chroming Rose startup is slower

-New 6HS move is 2 hits, 2nd hit is an overhead

-2HS and j.D untech time decreased

-HS disc has longer startup and possibly fewer active frames

-j.HS has large knockback on hit

-Last boss in arcade mode is Zato-1.

H disc longer startup is a bit worrying, let's hope it's still good enough to set up oki.

I think Arcsys knows the design of the character well enough that they wouldn't make disc oki obsolete. That is what makes Millia as a character!

That's the burning question that has not been answered yet. (C'mon ArcSys, y'all know Disc Okizeme is Millia's calling card :v: - surely they wouldn't... )

New bits of info:

- New routes jS>jD and jK>jD

- jump canceling jD and airdashing right after allows Millia to pull off something similar to AC's airdash cancel combos

- something like 2HS>jK jS jD>jc airdash>jS jHS gets Millia a knockdown as well as a bit of corner carry

more info from JUN's twitter regarding Millia:

- 2 hit Tandem Top + Purple RC after hitconfirming is pretty strong

- RCing at the very end of her throw animation seems to work well, the opponent falls down slowly and she can get a full combo off it.

- If you land on ground during jD's active frames Millia can follow up with 2HS

- 6P and c.S cannot be jump canceled anymore like in +R

- even if you mash Lust Shaker the move will always end at fixated number of hits.

- Purple RCing her Winger makes the opponent wall bounce

It should be. It's simply not 100% reversal safe (but it never used to be completely safe in previous GG installments either unless you FRC'd it or used FB Pretty Maze). If you want to make it completely safe you need to YRC it.

Nakamura and other jp players on twitter

basic aerial combo routes:

- jSjD > jc adf > jPjHS

- jKjSjD > jc adf > jSjHS

The second one apparently can be comfortably ended with her pin no matter if the opponent during the combo is upclose or not.

I take Millia now needs the pin for any hope of ending air combos with a knock down, or is the pin meant to squeeze out extra damage?

I've heard that j.HS was just a straight up knockdown now. I'm not sure how she would score one with the pin, seeing as how the old 6HS is gone.

Assuming the pin works like the other games it should still have a lot of untechable time to cause a knockdown on an air opponent. Pin ender might give you more time to set up disc oki since it is apparently slower as well as Secret Garden oki.

I take Millia now needs the pin for any hope of ending air combos with a knock down, or is the pin meant to squeeze out extra damage?

The jp players on twitter were talking about it for knockdown purposes rather than damage.