Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronove

[Xrd] Millia Gameplay Discussion

Loss of air dash cancels doesn't really worry me that much. She didn't have them before AC and she did just fine without them in XX and #R. Neither does the slower H Tandem Top since we are able to YRC which kinda reminds me of her #R disc FRC. The pin nerfs are definitely what worries me the most since people probably won't respect her as much in neutral as before.

Her corner carry still seems like it will be good from what I have seen.

The lack of airdash cancel is irrelevant because she can jump cancel>airdash anyway.

Seems like H tandem disappears on block?

It's in the Millia vs Sol match at the end of a round in the Arc Live video.

Can't time stamp on my phone.

I noticed this too. It seems kind of inconsistent to me. Now that there is more footage out, there are several instances where H Tandem clearly disappears when Millia blocks something. But then there are also other times where it persists anyway. I think the move properties may have been changed, like "Disc disappears if Millia blocks before frame x".

Noticed also that j.d indeed does not knock down a grounded opponent on hit. It also has different properties on counterhit. If the opponent is far from a corner, a CH j.d will just knock down, but if opponent is near corner, then there will be a wallbounce instead. However, the wallbounce is actually techable, so Millia needs to quickly get over there and do a followup combo to get a real knockdown.

Chroming Rose super seems quite good. As Ronove mentioned earlier, the super lasts for quite a long time, and if Millia lands a TK Badmoon, then the roses will pick up the opponent afterwards allowing for a easy followup combo. The damage is low, but imo it's not really a big deal cause Millia's damage is always below average. The more important thing is what happens if the opponent blocks TK Badmoon: the roses will still appear and keep the opponent in blockstun, so Millia gets to continue pressure.

Chroming Rose super seems quite good. As Ronove mentioned earlier, the super lasts for quite a long time, and if Millia lands a TK Badmoon, then the roses will pick up the opponent afterwards allowing for a easy followup combo. The damage is low, but imo it's not really a big deal cause Millia's damage is always below average. The more important thing is what happens if the opponent blocks TK Badmoon: the roses will still appear and keep the opponent in blockstun, so Millia gets to continue pressure.

Yep, and in one of the most recent streams (this one, I guess: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv170360017, wish it'd be possible to save this and upload it on YT) we can see Chroming Rose finally being used in a meaningful way. I noticed that it's not only useful when combined with TK Badmoon but it looks like it could be pretty sweet coupled with crossups and Turbo Fall. As pointed out it doesn't lead to huge damage but if it can help Millia keep scoring knockdowns without losing momentum that's really more than enough to make it worth using.

I'm also wondering if jH isn't special cancelable, because I can't think of a good reason why jp players are not ending their midscreen combos with Badmoon. Everytime it's just jH which pushes the opponent a bit far away forcing Millia to 2366H as she lands.

Corner ender > pin > Secret Garden seems possible in Xrd too by the way.

Given its nerrfs, there's a good chance the pin is just going to be a combo tool from now on.

No way. Rest assured, it's still a good tool. It simply got slower but that doesn't mean you don't have to use it in neutral. All it means is that people who use Millia will have to be more careful and less trigger-happy if they want the opponent to keep respecting her. Pin in previous GG was probably even a tad too good, in +R it was even dumber because she'd have K pin which was stupidly good in a variety of situations.

If you're not going to threat the opponent with her pin you're not playing Millia's neutral at her full extent.

tl;dr Millia's Xrd pin is less herp derp like in old GG, but still good enough

Yeah, after watching some footage, I withdraw my earlier statement. It still seems like a great approach tool, it just seems easier to block now.

Overall, I'm happy with the changes. Millia's changed and seems slightly nerfed, but it looks like she just needs a little more thought when being used is all.

Somewhat off-topic here, but do we know all of Millia's alternate colors? I know:

1. Pink Hair - White Clothes

2. Default (Yellow/Black)

3. Original Millia (White/Blue)

I haven't seen any pictures/vids or anything.

No idea. My good ol' EX color palette is there (pink hair + white/black clothes) and that's all that matters to me. :v:

After watching all of Daiji's Millia vids I think it's pretty safe to say that Chroming Rose has a lot of potential. As I suspected it does work amazingly well with crossups, both with her roll, dash under and her Turbofall too.

with 75% meter she could technically do H Tandem FRC into Chroming Rose and technically open up a nice variety of options that go beyond the regular ones. Loving it!

It's what I call a "freestyle" super. A trail of flowers with hitboxes follow Millia movements: be it from running, airdash, roll, Turbo Fall, Bad Moon, Iron Savior, etc. The best comparison I can think of offhand is Strider Hiryu's Ouroboros.

The idea seems to be to use it to cover mixups while keeping them in blockstun with the flowers. One example is repeated Bad Moons in the corner because the flowers will pick up the opponent if it hits or keep them in blockstun for another mixup. Another seems to be rolling around and using Turbo Fall to keep them in place with crossups. *Definitely* going to see this in Millia combo videos lol

Chroming Rose makes Secret Garden corner oki look completely obsolete. :v:

on a side note, I am laughing at Millia's winning sentences, there's not a single one without a double entendre.

Chroming Rose makes Secret Garden corner oki look completely obsolete. :v:

on a side note, I am laughing at Millia's winning sentences, there's not a single one without a double entendre.

What is she saying?

I play aba in ac but since she doesn't exist yet i'm thinking of picking up millia in the meantime, to get used to millia before xrd comes out should I practice ac stuff? +r stuff? #r? All of the above?

I don't think it would hurt to practice Millia in + R just get used to the general neutral and Okizeme game of Millia in general.

I was in a similar boat with Dizzy, so I decided to take up Millia to compensate for that, and I've been playing her in +R.

Each character has 6 colors (unless we can unlock more with play time) i'll try to take a picture of each for millia !

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

I play aba in ac but since she doesn't exist yet i'm thinking of picking up millia in the meantime, to get used to millia before xrd comes out should I practice ac stuff? +r stuff? #r? All of the above?

+R is more than enough to teach you about her neutral game and okizeme, even if the combo routes are different the core of her gameplay has remained similar.

What is she saying?

versus Chipp she says "you've become even quicker than last time"

versus Potemkin "you've become harder than last time"

Another subtle change: her 6H now hits twice, the second hit seems to be an overhead. Not that I'd recommend using this move as overhead anyway but it's still worth knowing.

Also it really is a sad thing that CH jD's techable time has been reduced. In one of Daiji's vids you can see corner CH jD occurring and the opponent still manages to quickly tech before Millia can pick him up into a combo. My guess is that it might only work on characters with huge hitboxes and likely with the aid of 5P rather than trying to go for 5S2H pickup or jK pickup.

Watching the Daiji videos. She builds meter during Chroming Rose and it seems it is mostly burst safe throughout the whole thing? Man this super looks absolutely bonkers.

New bit of info, again from Nakamura and Eki-chan:

when a CH digitalis occurs on a grounded opponent near the corner you can follow up with a combo. However if you hit an airborne they'll be able to tech away.

Still has to see whether this works the same way for a CH jD as well.

Again, more infos regarding Millia's Chroming Rose, coming from the JBBS.

As we've already seen, Millia can make use of the roses as part of her okizeme. Apparently they found a loop that allows to capitalize pretty well off it. The oki setup is supposed to work like this:

- HS tandem > YRC > Chroming Rose > [TK Badmoon>Rose] x7 > 6HS > oki again

Basically if the opponent gets hit by first TK Badmoon>Rose you can go on with the same string 6 times more into oki again. It can be done anywhere (midscreen, corner). The user also mentioned trying this against Sol and reducing his health by half.

newest a-cho vid has a somewhat ok Millia that shows up at around 1:13:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaffcsHR2N4

Interesting things I noticed

-At around 1:17:14, the Millia throws the pin at Zato a little before he throws out 2s, and the pin bounces off harmlessly. I don't think the startup of the pin was stuffed, because it still came out. Maybe pin becomes inactive if Millia gets hit afterwards now?

-1:20:05, Millia lands a CH digitalis on Zato near the corner, and you can see that it causes wallstick. The Millia doesn't capitalize off of it fast enough, but it does indeed look like there's enough time for a followup combo