Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronove

[Xrd] Millia Gameplay Discussion

newest a-cho vid has a somewhat ok Millia that shows up at around 1:13:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaffcsHR2N4

Interesting things I noticed

-At around 1:17:14, the Millia throws the pin at Zato a little before he throws out 2s, and the pin bounces off harmlessly. I don't think the startup of the pin was stuffed, because it still came out. Maybe pin becomes inactive if Millia gets hit afterwards now?

-1:20:05, Millia lands a CH digitalis on Zato near the corner, and you can see that it causes wallstick. The Millia doesn't capitalize off of it fast enough, but it does indeed look like there's enough time for a followup combo

Thanks for linking this. Its exciting to see an Xrd video that has characters other than Faust and Ky throughout the whole thing. I'm pretty stoked for the new version of Millia. She looks to have more tools at her disposal than before.

I have a question regarding some of the big players in Xrd. With all the OGs like Ogawa, Nemo and the like coming back for Xrd, which big Millias have been playing? I know Nakamura was dabbling in it though I haven't seen him play yet. Any news on Woshige potentially returning for Xrd? Surely some of them have been playing other than Daiji (who is the only Millia I've seen play really competently).

I have a question regarding some of the big players in Xrd. With all the OGs like Ogawa, Nemo and the like coming back for Xrd, which big Millias have been playing? I know Nakamura was dabbling in it though I haven't seen him play yet. Any news on Woshige potentially returning for Xrd? Surely some of them have been playing other than Daiji (who is the only Millia I've seen play really competently).

There are no videos yet but I know that Nakamura and JUN are both playing Xrd and sticking with Millia.

[edit] Apparently Satou's been using Millia too. And U-zen (kind of surprised me, I'd expect him to pick I-no).

----

on another note, according to Eki-chan: Sol, Ky, May, Slayer and Chipp feel like unfavourable matchups. Specifically Sol and Ky seem to give Millia the hardest time.

Satou is probably just messing around, I think. On the other hand, there's also AGF using Millia. Now that's good news. :O

More thoughts from eki-chan:

Toughest matchup for Millia is Sol. As he said earlier, Ky, Slayer and May are also disadvanteagous matchups but compared to Sol they're all manageable. He also says that Millia is still really strong, it's just that Sol is simply far too good and better in every single aspect (tachimawari/neutral, meter gain, damage output, normals etc). He thinks that the two best characters in the game are Sol and Zato. However Zato is considered a slightly favourable matchup for Millia (while Ogawa says he's having a really hard time against Millia).

Also Eki-chan has won the most recent ranbat at a-cho, so hopefully we might finally witness some footage of the currently best ranked Millia in Japan.

I figured her toughest matchup in this game would be between Sol, Chipp, or Slayer. Though I'd rather it be Sol than the latter two this time around.

I figured her toughest matchup in this game would be between Sol, Chipp, or Slayer. Though I'd rather it be Sol than the latter two this time around.

I guess you're right. +R Chipp is an absolute nightmare...

Time to start grinding VV baits!

Though I'd rather it be Sol than the latter two this time around.

Honestly I don't know about that. Eki-chan seems to be pretty frustrated by this match-up. :v:

There's also the fact that there are currently a lot of Sol players and not many Chipp ones.

I personally just have always hated fighting Chipp and Slayer more than Sol in any iteration(especially AC Slayer and +R Chipp), but yeah the fact that Sol is one of the most popular characters is going to be a pain in the ass. =/

This is true, and although I am a sol main (contridicting myself saying this) I want to see more chipp and may

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Like I said, it's just Extend Ragna syndrome. If Netplay is worth dabbling in, it will be a nightmare given that it will be an inevitable breeding ground of Sol players...

"Breeding ground" lmao. Well time to learn millia and may sense there's no anji:O.

Speaking of which, what should be the first thing I learn with millia apart from her stellar movement options? I'm planning in subbing her

Speaking of which, what should be the first thing I learn with millia apart from her stellar movement options? I'm planning in subbing her

You can find a lot of info both in the ACR Millia subforum and also at Goldenrody's website, so for detailed questions I'd advise you ask there so that this topic won't turn into a ACR Millia discussion thread.

But if you're fine with a very brief answer then: generally the first thing you should be learning is to work on gaining a knockdown from the most frequent situations and the oki that comes after that. Learn her pokes, learn how to get in with her pin, antiairs and air-to-air hitconfirms etc. Make almost every hitconfirm lead into a knockdown when possible. It doesn't matter if you start with a simple ground BnB or a simple aerial one. You'll learn to maximize damage eventually but the priority has to go first to her neutral/tachimawari and oki setups (both disc oki and orb oki). She doesn't have godlike pokes/normals so you have to know when it's the right moment to push buttons and when you just want to move around and bait the opponent.

You can find a lot of info both in the ACR Millia subforum and also at Goldenrody's website, so for detailed questions I'd advise you ask there so that this topic won't turn into a ACR Millia discussion thread.

But if you're fine with a very brief answer then: generally the first thing you should be learning is to work on gaining a knockdown from the most frequent situations and the oki that comes after that. Learn her pokes, learn how to get in with her pin, antiair etc. Make almost every hitconfirm lead into a knockdown when possible. It doesn't matter if you start with a simple ground BnBs or a simple aerial one. You'll learn to maximize damage eventually but the priority has to go first to her neutral/tachimawari and oki setups (both disc oki and orb oki). She doesn't have godlike pokes/normals so you have to know when it's the right moment to push buttons and when you just want to move around and bait the opponent.

Cool, I can work with this thanks dude. Now I just gotta watch more millia play in xrd. I watched a lot of nakimura (mispelled probably) from +r but its a new game, so I gotta catch up

a few quick things I caught from quickly skimming through the last batch of Millia vids (Daiji's ones):

- Millia can combo into her Digitalis off CH 5H. When close to the corner and with 50% meter this leads to her full corner BnB.

- Turbofall late YRC seems to be a really good tool to punish antiairs with long recovery. Basically the YRC is performed shortly before touching ground while using the slowmotion window to dash in and punish. It's even better when she can do this as a crossup maneuver.

Nakamura's current thoughts on Millia, from Twitter: he thinks that Xrd Millia has somewhat lost that sort of spark/aura that made her feel great in ACPR. Millia ACPR could convert any hit into corner carry okizeme on any character and could easily get in most of the times. Without meter she could still rely on Secret Garden oki. In Xrd she can't quite do that and he thinks that she's become way more "ordinary". He also says that he might feel slightly bitter towards Xrd Millia simply because he's not winning as easily as he thought he would (sour grapes etc.), lol.

The thought of her being "ordinary"/"boring" were people's original fears during her loketest changes no? Since, she supposedly wasn't very fun in #R, which is what she's based on as opposed to her AC/ACR iterations.

I wouldn't say she's boring at all. Daiji has been showing all the new and cool things that Millia can do. New YRC tricks, Rose install etc.

Of course it's easy to understand why Nakamura wouldn't immediately get to like her either, given that all the ridiculous things she was able to do in ACPR are mostly gone.

I wouldn't say she's boring at all. Daiji has been showing all the new and cool things that Millia can do. New YRC tricks, Rose install etc.

Of course it's easy to understand why Nakamura wouldn't immediately get to like her either, given that all the ridiculous things she was able to do in ACPR are mostly gone.

Yeah, there's nothing fun about losing tools. Not only did her moveset get smaller(like every other character), she also lost a character specific mechanic, ADC

But yea, about her being ordinary, I totally understand this sentiment. He is probably referring more to her combo theory, since it is super streamlined and simplified compared to what she had in AC/ACR. She is based off of her #R counterpart, and in that game she really only had 2 combos. Obviously, if you were greedy and really wanted to optimize, there were more combos to learn but honestly it was unnecessary and didn't make much of a difference. And right now, it looks to be the same for Xrd Millia

In contrast, she had a ton of variation in AC/ACR combos, and could do things like spend meter(for air FB disc) or use pin early to optimize and get high damage dustloops, etc.