Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[Xrd] Venom Gameplay Discussion

I played against him at NCR. He picked up the technical part of venom way faster than I've been able too. He'll be really solid once he's got more experience under his belt, although that might have just been him not knowing anything about the venom mirror matchup.

Still mad I finally stopped dropping my IAD combos  and getting carcass loops out two days after NCR.

Hi i'm a new venom player and i have NO idea where to start with this character. :?:

Hello.

Starting with this character can be an intimidating task. Personally I recommend prioritizing the following things:

1. Learning his normals and non-ball specials, and their basic application

2. Learning the ball summon mechanic and seeing how normals interact with the balls. Getting a feel for when to set outside of knockdown will take practice and time.

3. Learning basic combos and pressure without setting a ball.

4. Learning basic one ball setups.

5. Learn simple YRC applications.

From there you can get into learning more advanced strategies, but those are the 5 main basics.

Hello.

Starting with this character can be an intimidating task. Personally I recommend prioritizing the following things:

1. Learning his normals and non-ball specials, and their basic application

2. Learning the ball summon mechanic and seeing how normals interact with the balls. Getting a feel for when to set outside of knockdown will take practice and time.

3. Learning basic combos and pressure without setting a ball.

4. Learning basic one ball setups.

5. Learn simple YRC applications.

From there you can get into learning more advanced strategies, but those are the 5 main basics.

Thanks and one more question, since venom is considered a charge character any tips on maintaining a charge or execution tips for them.