Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[Xrd] Venom Gameplay Discussion

That new jD looks amazing, I love it. Carcass Raid was actually what made me quit playing Venom, I got really tired of losing from execution giving me 236/623X when I wanted the other. Since none of my other characters are in, I think I'll come back to Venom!

You mean Dubious Curve in this case? Carcass is charge!

You mean Dubious Curve in this case? Carcass is charge!

Oh yes carcass raid is awesome, dubious curve is the special I hate. My bad.

yea dub motion was annoying. its not like the worst thing in the world, but i was a bit relieved to see that qv is a hcf. just makes playing that much less stressful/more fun lol

Ya, the Acho Venom was really good regardless of if it was NO. He was doing the classic #R c.s>carcass loops also. Only thing he didn't use much of was QV which is understandable. Mostly relied on k ball>dash j.k oki. At the end he was doing some cool things utilizing Stinger stopping when it hits a ball and teleport. A real shame he only had like 2 matches on the vid.

The most recent footage in the video thread has a really good Venom appear 2h34and continues to dominate until the end of the stream

HEVEN is doing some really cool corner combos.But I can't remember exactly what he did for the life of me.I think it's around the lines of c.S iad SHD 6H DBC 5P(the ball not the opponent) iad SHD 6H?

are the formations much different than +R? I want to get into Xrd and figure I can lay some groundwork on there if it's similar.

A few things

For basics, a little. But a lot of Venom's poking and mid range is similar, and many aspects of pressure can be done with his reload toolset, which is mostly in ACR. More importantly, ACR has the same feel and many of the core Xrd mechanics. Above all, ACR is fun!

Can't update vid thread now since I'm running Winter Brawl. I'll get on it ASAP though.

Seems like people are finally starting to figure out how to do decent combos with Venom, some IAD stuff in the corner. Have seen one dude use QV in the middle of the combo which was really nice - something like gatling into 5S(3 hit), QV, 6P, 6H, ball summon.

I wonder if bursts have longer range? I haven't seen 2D low profile a burst (but I seen it go under other things). If so, that's a shame, all those accidental 2Ds under bursts (well I get them) would be able to be YRCd and punished...

Doesn't work in #R.

Pretty cool then. 6p->6hs seems to work on counterhit for sure, normal hit seems iffy?

So who likes bad news?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0IKS9jkfA#t=30m25s

HEVEN goes for staple j.K oki, the ball gets Blitzshielded. That's cool because it won't repel Venom right? Well so far it seems, that Faust is invincible longer than that, as the 2K followup goes straight through him....could be a problem....

Who was that bomb Venom player from G-Com Wajiro?

It's Isamu. It's pretty cool to see him playing again: he was the only Venom player to be on par with N-O back in the day

Yeah, when you BS a projectile you don't repel, but you do have some invincibility. I'm worried reversal BS may hurt Venom's K Ball oki game, but we'll see....

True. But I think you linked a video some time ago where it seemed like Venom was repelled after a ball BS so I don't know if it applies differently to specific moves or do summoned balls only get such treatment. Maybe something else happened in that situation.

Who was that bomb Venom player from G-Com Wajiro?

Where???

http://youtu.be/ySZeqT3r9FA?t=3m55s This new forward dust wall stick mechanic seems interesting.

Blitz Shield does not repel on projectile hit trust me. If Venom is repelled, it's because the attack hit before the ball.

I'm interested to see the applications for a ball set YRC. Getting away with setting up balls/extra balls in situations you wouldn't normally be able to is interesting, of course. Maybe a later YRC...catch your opponents trying to punish with the time slow...maybe the punish is only possible with the ball out in some situations? Hmmm...

http://youtu.be/ySZeqT3r9FA?t=3m55s This new forward dust wall stick mechanic seems interesting.

Oh, I thought it was the midscreen 5d one he does with a ball near the opponent that he's never finished. I'm curious to see what he can get off of that. But these new corner 5d combos are dope for the entire cast.

I'm actually quite curious as to why I haven't seen a single Venom use Bishop Runout yet.

It actually seems like a good super on paper, with the ball not disappearing when it's hit and all

It absorbs all your balls when you summon it, and there's what might be a glitch, where you don't get meter with it.