Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

GGXrd_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png.png

Gonna list off what I know of things so far for Xrd

• j.2K: New animation, can be used up to 8-times in the air, instant j.2K can hit standing opponent
  • Undertow: New animation (Slayer does a claw swipe or slap-like motion with his hands)
  • It's Late is exclusively a follow-up to Under pressure, just like X2#Reload
  • NEW MOVE:Helter Skelter; Input, 214P/K(1)-HS(after (1)) Slayer hops then stomps, doing a backflip while sending his foe into the air, rumored to be jump cancelable after it hits or is blocked, same with airdash cancel. Forced crouch on clean hit. launches on counter hit, if done near crouched opponent it will go over them and cross them (not sure if it will cross with standing opponent) you can do it early if you don’t want to cross it, after the hit you will be on airborne state, it seems that it cant combo anything after clean hit but somehow just once it could combo into j.HS on bedman.
  • Special Animation Super; Dead on Time.
  • 6[6] or 4[4] sends Slayer further forward or backward than just 66 or 44. [6]6 jump cancels can carry momentum
  • jH doesn't bounce on CH
  • 5H doesn't stagger on CH or regular hit, just hitstun
  • 2H launches instead of stagger
  • bite is back to 63214H (236H in +R), loop is gone, but can be RC'd
  • DoT is #r-like in terms of distance traveled and follow-ups, Hellfire DoT is 140 damage, and can wallstick on counter hit
  • 5S (unclear whether close or far) staggers on CH
  • PileBunker has some stun value
  • CrossWise Heel can't be YRCed
  • Undertow - can be charged, unblockable, still has armor
  • j.D knocks down on hit like +R
  • Instant Kill; Same but with standing dust animation. (POETRY. IS. POWER. BIAAAATCH!)
  • 6P unable to combo unless in a specific situation
  • Dandy Step and Mappa Hunch have YRC points
  • Mappa Hunch cannot be feinted. 3:

The list will be updated as time goes forward. Feel free to discuss any ideas if possible. Try not to derail the topic as best as you can.

Are Slayer's air normals like AC or #R? i.e are they mashable in Xrd?

Also, didn't Slayer get two different dashes in Xrd? 66/44 old dash length while 6[6]/4[4] makes you dash a farther distance?

edit: clarity

Are Slayer's air normals like AC or #R? i.e are they mashable in Xrd?

Also, didn't Slayer get two different dashes in Xrd? 66/44 old dash length while 6[6]/4[4] makes you dash a farther distance?

edit: clarity

The former I've got no clue, but you are right he did get a new version of his dash. I'll add that to the main post in a bit!

Any idea whether his Pilebunker still has the short range it did during loketests? This move is staple Slayer, so would be sad to see it neutered. :(

Well he does have that longer forward dash now. So assuming he can still jumpjumpcancel it, then maybe the short pilebunker range is ok.

I'll edit as new info comes in.

But I can and will say this; crosswise heel is the true stable...that or BBUpper.

He has no BBU in Xrd. And it's staple, not stable.

Concerning changes:

- jH doesn't bounce on CH

- 5H doesn't stagger on CH or regular hit, just hitstun

- 2H launches instead of stagger

- bite is back to 63214H (236H in +R)

- DoT is #re-like in terms of distance traveled and follow-ups

- 5S (unclear whether close or far) staggers on CH

- PileBunker has some stun value

- CrossWise Heel can't be YRCed

- Undertow - can be charged, unblockable, still has armor

Concerning changes:

- bite is back to 63214H (236H in +R)

- DoT is #re-like in terms of distance traveled and follow-ups

- 5S (unclear whether close or far) staggers on CH

- PileBunker has some stun value

- CrossWise Heel can't be YRCed

- Undertow - can be charged, unblockable, still has armor

All right. I'll add these in a bit.

And I was making a joke on Big Bang upper since it's not in Xrd, and some very good combos have it in there lol, also why it said stable instead of staple is likely me being not so careful...or autocorrect.

Concerning changes:

Does 5H cause a bounce or slide on air hit?

Can he still do backdash cancel/forward dash cancel into specials/DOT? I know he had it in Reload, but I'm curious whether they let him take that with him to Xrd.

I do not know, I will have an informant do so. So expect elven to help me with that should he be able to.

Man Slayer looking pretty nice in Xrd. I saw dandy> yrc, sooo I'm hype for dandy> yrc> 2hs mixup. Seems his late gats & links are there. Are all his link in Xrd though?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Man Slayer looking pretty nice in Xrd. I saw dandy> yrc, sooo I'm hype for dandy> yrc> 2hs mixup. Seems his late gats & links are there. Are all his link in Xrd though?

I do not know unfortunately

His pressure game is high because you can air dash after helter skelter, seeing the slayer during e stream go back as a safe escape was good, as well as his air dashes going in.

Yea I noticed that we can air dash out of helter skelter. Also did jk correct in previous versions? I saw him cross up with it and I thought it cool, because iirc he can't do that in xx etc.

From a stream, I'm pretty sure DoT wallsticks on CH. It's all good.

edit: Also seems that Pilebunker doesn't wall bounce midscreen on CH. I THINK it produces a possibly comboable tumble effect, at least near the corner. Guy didn't try to follow up on it. though.

From a stream, I'm pretty sure DoT wallsticks on CH. It's all good.

it is a good day

still gonna say the best thing they retained is j.S's voice clips...of slayer LAUGHING :D

I might be seeing things but I thought I saw on the video stream doing a dandy punch right after a 6H counter? is this new?

Ps: cant wait for it!!

Also, since j2K is not more on Xrd what will be the alternative route to aerial combos?

We dunno if it's gone yet..they did say there was a new animation for it, but it depends

It raises enemies up higher than in AC, it's hard to explain what it looks like, but it sort of kicks upwards. I'll look through the streams archives tomorrow to find a part for you guys, assuming no one sees it before then. j.K>j.2K>j.K would sometimes whiff, but the guy also, a few times, got j.K>j.2K>j.K>dj.K>dj.2K. May have gotten a j.D at the end, but they go up high. He never tried to do j.D>j.2K.

Also, since j2K is not more on Xrd what will be the alternative route to aerial combos?

We'll probably be able to do j.p, j.k, falling j.k, dj.k (or dj.h), dj.d

or j.p, j.k, j.p, dj.k (or dj.h), dj.d

EDIT: The first variant only possible if we still have spammable air normals. Not sure yet if they are or not in Xrd

I saw on the stream, Still retain some properties of Reload

I saw links for c.S, f.S, c.S, f.S

Oh and mach punch seems to be cancel able out of 2K