Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

5D (6):corner 5D (6) -> c.S -> f.S -> IAD j.HS -> land c.S -> f.S -> c.S -> f.S -> mappa

6K: could not yet combo to anything without meter

FDC(6) bite: looks funny biting someone in the corner mid screen

6P: go under projectiles (or atleast ky's coconut)

2K: it seems i can only do 2D or spacial from it

2HS: still yet to follow it up with anything

You can't 2HS -> 5P -> air combo, in this game?

i think u can if did just 2HS in the corner, i dont think (2S,5HS) -> 2HS -> 5P will work i will try tomorrow and see

SL at Mikado don't know name of the player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBFi1xKO3s&feature=youtu.be

Looks like he is using j.2k to setup a cross up on wake up.

Air CH mappa > 5k > mappa works. Looks like a RC is needed to continue the combo though

CH 2HS > 6H. Looks to be too far out of range for PB. In the second match vs Ky 6H whiffs after the CH 2HS. Not sure if out of range or the player just reacted too slow.

2HS launches away from SL. Looks like a follow up May only be possible in corner if regular hit.

Also you can BS on wake up lol.

Edit: also saw FLJ > 5P > air combo. Looks like 5k chains into 6H, combo only on CH or crouching most likely

Is Mappa hitstun enough to rc -> Dandy step, crosswise for the launch, and if so is it worth it?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5EOWV3K2jE#t=6687

Wall stick in is different. You slide down and when you combo off of it you're considered crouching instead of a juggle. Does this apply to all wall stick moves? Or is it cause he slid down to the ground he's considered crouching. 6HS still comboed afterwards though.

Wait so you can juggle after mappa on air hit? If so can you 2hs> mappa etc mid-screen or 2hs> rc> mappa etc?

P.s glad to see 6hs> PB back but he hit it random. Slayer is a little sad-life for me right now. Kinda in a stand still on Slayer Ino or Eddie.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

DHD main hit looks like it plummets opponent quite fast and limits/eliminates post-DHD combos.

And the second hit floats but has barely any untechable time, as shown in the video above. I was wondering if the player would use it to set up a relaunch combo of some kind (hey, needing a super to do it is better than it being impossible), but that's never going to happen.

Has anybody seen what kind of effect the new unblockable slash has on airborne opponents or on ground slide? I'm thinking if with the slow-mo, something like pilebunker RC could combo into the unblockable slash, then some kind of follow-up in the corner? On ground hit is just knocks them down. Grasping at straws here.

"unblockable slash" is called Undertow, my guess is it's not for comos in this version)

the charge animation is hilariously stupid IMO

I mean, Slayer just buffs himself up like he's made of steroids XD

It's another reference to Alberto from Giant Robo. I've not seen the show, but I've seen a clip from someone else where he does the same swipe animation.

It's another reference to Alberto from Giant Robo. I've not seen the show, but I've seen a clip from someone else where he does the same swipe animation.

well Ieamasa did voice someone from getter robo I think so it makes sense...

still I just wanna make the "I got ripped by sucking blood!" joke :P

2K: it seems i can only do 2D or spacial from it

2HS: still yet to follow it up with anything

2K: can gatling to 6P and 5D

2HS: 5HS -> 2HS has no push back

You can't 2HS -> 5P -> air combo, in this game?

u can in the corner 2HS -> (5P or c.S) -> j.P -> air combo

5H>2H may have a place in a wall stick combo, maybe doing 5H>2H after they've slide to the ground into the crouching state. At least, maybe. It seems they decided to give 2H launch properties in return for making it really unsafe by removing the push back. Do you know if they are too high to connect with a 5K after it? I'd imagine so, but that would be nice for spacing.

after 2S>2H> you can 5H>j.K> air combo in the open without wall. Was doing it last night in practice mode.

Air Dash j.H>j.2K launches into air combo. You have to air dash from about one ground dash length away. If you are too close the kick goes over their head.

5S>5S>5S>5S>2K/5K>2D is character specific apparently. It wont combo on Sol at all. Also, the timing for the Slashes is easy now.

I couldn't get Backdash>bite to work ala #R for people jumping on me last night but I still have hope. Maybe the timing is different or something.

Instant overhead j.2K is pretty silly. If you back dash before jumping its pretty much bull s^#% for whoever is on the receiving end.

Also, last night I was plinking to do the S>S>S>S series out of habit and every once in a while I would get blue sparks and Slayer doing his blocking animation. I haven't found a way to intentionally reproduce it and I don't know what it is. Anyone got an idea?

Can you try c.S>f.S>j.2K like how you'd do SS>j.D>stuff?

Blue sparks may have been a blitz shield if you were hitting S+H.

Also, does 2S>2H combo on standing hit? And I assume 2P>2S is still a thing. Does 2P>2S>2H>stuff work? If you get the chance to try.