Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

He can air dash after helter skelter or combo into j.HS since it puts him in an air state

Ohh...so that's Helter Skelter. Thanks for the information.

Does this character look that low tier, kubo seems to be bodying people extensively. But at the same time I haven't seen much Slayer players in Xrd

Kubo kind of makes other Slayers look like they don't really know how to play the character

I thought he looked like a really boring and simple character in Xrd until some of these Kubo matches started popping up

I honestly did wonder about who our slayer rep. Would be in Xrd considering how different he is than AC+R. Kubo seemed to win that title right then and there.

Hrm... I think Kubo is getting away with a few things he shouldn't just because Slayer has some new tricks. Case in point: Dandy H -> j.H. I think players are going to be blocking this on reaction in the future.

Aside from having some of his staple tools which allow him to be slippery and dish out some big dmg, I'm not sure he has many redeeming qualities. He lost some good stuff that allowed him more flexibility.

Well, time will tell, but I don't think he's going to be more than mid-tier.

Right now Kubo is probably the only SL that's comfortable with the Xrd iteration. He plays him just like he did in #R. Slayer looks just like and plays almost exactly like his #R version despite some subtle changes, new moves and losing some of the moves he gained in AC and +R. Kubo is right at home!!

Right now Kubo is probably the only SL that's comfortable with the Xrd iteration. He plays him just like he did in #R. Slayer looks just like and plays almost exactly like his #R version despite some subtle changes, new moves and losing some of the moves he gained in AC and +R. Kubo is right at home!!

If I were in japan aid kinda be too. I have reload and I play slayer there about as well as I do now. :P (can't prove it because I lack the net services for xbox lol)

Is Slayer actually supposed to be bad in Xrd? The thought of a character like him being bad is unfathomable to me. What downgraded him so much from +R? Keep in mind that I don't play the character, I just love how his whole gameplan revolves around not giving a fuck.

Is Slayer actually supposed to be bad in Xrd? The thought of a character like him being bad is unfathomable to me. What downgraded him so much from +R? Keep in mind that I don't play the character, I just love how his whole gameplan revolves around not giving a fuck.

ACR is a downgrade. Slayer tends to be weaker with average damage output. Unless he has explosive damage to blow you up from minor mistakes, he tends to be weak. But Xrd Slayer looks decent so far, especially in Kubo's hands.

Slayer seems mid really. Not weak, not exceptionally strong either. I think the removal of force break hurts him more than everyone else in the Xrd cast.

More twitter goodness:

aircombos

JK→JD→J2K→JK→jc→JS→JHS→JD→J2K→JP→JD

JK→jc→JS→JHS→JD→J2K→JP→JD

JS→JHS→J2K→JK→jc→JS→JHS→JD→J2K→JP→JD

post-throw

midscreen: throw→RC→5HS→JHS→J2K→JK→jc→JS→JHS→JD→J2K→JP→JD

edge: throw→RC→6HS→214pK→5HS→JS→JHS→JD

bite edge: bite→RC→D 6 cancel→cS→6HS→214pK→5HS→JS→JHS→JD

cS→fS→JD→DHD→cS→fS→cS→2D

off Mappa RC 214pK HS:

JS→JHS→delay jD→J2K→JK→jc→JS→JHS→JD

JS→JHS→delay jD→J2K→JP→JK→jc→JK→JD

Is Slayer actually supposed to be bad in Xrd? The thought of a character like him being bad is unfathomable to me. What downgraded him so much from +R?

Xrd is still very new so tiers are very malleable at this point, but very strong things he once had that he no longer has include Big Bang Upper, fullscreen Dead On Time, FB Pilebunker, the bite loop, the use of It's Late without having to do Under Pressure first, 5 versions of dandy step instead of 2, and having significantly higher damage than almost everyone else in the game.

Slayer as he has been presented to us has a lot of room for growth as people find new combo pathways and flesh out the RC system, and his new move Helter Skelter as well as the frame data on things like 6K and Undertow will go a long way to fill in the gaps in our knowledge and give hard data, so don't get down on things.

Xrd is still very new so tiers are very malleable at this point, but very strong things he once had that he no longer has include Big Bang Upper, fullscreen Dead On Time, FB Pilebunker, the bite loop, the use of It's Late without having to do Under Pressure first, 5 versions of dandy step instead of 2, and having significantly higher damage than almost everyone else in the game.

Slayer as he has been presented to us has a lot of room for growth as people find new combo pathways and flesh out the RC system, and his new move Helter Skelter as well as the frame data on things like 6K and Undertow will go a long way to fill in the gaps in our knowledge and give hard data, so don't get down on things.

what about the combo in 1:20 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0IKS9jkfA

what about the combo in 1:20 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0IKS9jkfA

9:02 isn't talking about SL's absolute damage output but his relative damage output.

The disparity in damage between SL and the rest of the cast is much smaller in Xrd than it was in +R. As a result, one of his mains strengths in +R has much less utility and return in Xrd.

Yea basically waiting on the mook. Hard to believe they're gonna just go against the grain entirely. Helter skelter looks like it might do some insane shit.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk