Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

Has anyone seen that Slayer with an RR of 12 in acho lately? He's very solid.

Would that be Kubo? Naa couldnt be. Kubo is 13th. Also would this slayer be in one of acho's latest youtube vids?

Most of his non-CH links are gone. I haven't seen evidence that 5K links into itself or anything linking from 5P or 2P (though c.S likely does). Links from 6K need to be some combination of meaty, CH, and hitting crouching characters as opposed to leading to everything anywhere from AC(+R). Linking c.S after far S is said to be the only link that has gotten easier. 2K, c.S still links and is pretty useful, but I think it's supposed to be a tight one in Xrd. Basically, he's not a link master or "combo off any button" machine anymore.

Dudestory: Do you have an offline +R scene? Slayer's air dash is long and awkward in #R, but other than that it's pretty close and you can download the PC version easily. I don't know if I can link to it here though. Personally, I started with AC and I'm still upset at how dry Slayer has become, so I'd just save the money and download #R if I had to start over.

I can reach next level in Brooklyn but I've been too shy to go to the TSB on Saturdays since I've only been casual with a few of my friends but I want to start stepping my game up

Honestly, if you can get competition, play the game that has it. Actual match experience in a game that isn't as similar is better than no match experience that's a little bit more similar.

Plus Xrd has things neither game has, so don't worry about it.

Right now I want to focus on his links so I can understand how his combo routes go, Are his links mostly the same in each version?  I also saw that X2 #Reload was added to steam and im thinking about picking it up its only 10$ and i want to support anime and i saw there was some support for netplay! but mostly I want to try and just understand his execution i saw this thread 

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6706-slayer-linktiming-notes/ 

About his timing notes, i just started reading and i wanted to go over it a bunch more times but I just wanna know if its even relevant anymore, also thanks for the quick reply

Can you charge it? Regardless, it's just unblockable now. I don't think it has any super armor or anything. You can use RC to try and force it though. Also probably has use as a gimmicky meaty attack if you wanted. Beyond that, just try to condition them to block and blow them up for it I guess.

It has 1 hit of armor, but 39F start-up makes it hard to use. And it's not chargeable, OP was written some time ago =)

Hey,first time poster, long time reader (so please excuse any stupidity regarding mannerisms or noob-ness) I'm relatively new to guilty gear and looking to main Slayer. Can anyone tell me if c.S,f.S can be be backdashed during the f.S?

Hey,first time poster, long time reader (so please excuse any stupidity regarding mannerisms or noob-ness) I'm relatively new to guilty gear and looking to main Slayer. Can anyone tell me if c.S,f.S can be be backdashed during the f.S?

Do you mean if the opponent can dodge the f.S by backdashing after c.S? I've never seen it happen, and I doubt there is a that big of a gap, even with IB.

Huh? Isn't close S > far S just a gatling like Azrael 5BB? I always just mash it out. Far S > close S, now that is a link (and a 1 or to 2-frame link, at least in +R. IIRC it's easier in Xrd)

Im only asking because i recently saw hasegawa(ino) cornered by azuma S37a(slayer) and and was knocked down, when she got up, I could swear slayer threw out c.S f.S and she blocked the close, backdashed the far and punished.

Huh? Isn't close S > far S just a gatling like Azrael 5BB? I always just mash it out. Far S > close S, now that is a link (and a 1 or to 2-frame link, at least in +R. IIRC it's easier in Xrd)

Sorry, that's right. The link is stringing two gattles together.

Im only asking because i recently saw hasegawa(ino) cornered by azuma S37a(slayer) and and was knocked down, when she got up, I could swear slayer threw out c.S f.S and she blocked the close, backdashed the far and punished.

Ah, on block it makes more sense that it would be possible.

Unfortunately I know zero about what is safe to backdash out of in any version of GG...

If the cS was instant blocked though I would imagine you could backdash the fS just from my mental image of it, not sure with a regular block.

Just checked it was instant blocked, thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, do you have a link to the video where that happened? Thanks.