Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

Above mentioned seems to work fairly well. You have to do some small adjustments here and there and the timing is character specific for differents weights much like the old.

2D CH - 149 dmg

Throw RC - 127 dmg

c.S, f.S, c.S, f.S, 2K, 2D only works on crouching.
c.S, f.S, c.S, f.S, 2K, 236K standing.

c.S, f.S, c.S, 2D if you want knockdown on standing instead.

You can RC 63214HS and combo 214P~K on Lv2 slip recovery.
No need to go all out on it though after Crosswise you can do 5HS, j.S(1), j.H, j.D (only tried on Sol though) and get 1 less damage rather than doing c.S, j.S(2), j.H, j.D, j.2K, j.P, j.K, dj.D or whatever variation for the character you are playing against.

Corner 2HS, c.S, sj.j.S(1), j.H, j.D, j.2K, j.D - 146dmg

i'm practically 0/N with my theory fighting. i'm so tight.

- can't YRC helter skelter during active frames

- 2nd hit of crosswise does not seem to have extra untech

other nerfs...

- j.H untech. j.H into 6H is super tough and feels like a 1 framer. if you're in the corner: j.H, 5H xx wings does a chunk tho!

- unlisted proration nerfs: footloose murders GB-, and DOT has initial prorate. think it's 80%. doesn't matter if it's initial or forced prorate as such

- 2S lost the horizontal range from AC (dunno if this is like #R). the thought was corner CH mappa, 2S-2H, 5P-j.P-... haven't tried it on fat characters.

- no inv on forward dash cancel. no extra inv on long dash. also i really fucking hate that you have to long dash before getting the momentum boost for your jump in this game

good things!

- you can BDC blitz shield! also, there are no vulnerable recovery frames! against ky's seal 236H, you can do BDC shield x2 if you want. if you really want, you can also wait til you're airborne and then shield. p sick. for best results try 44[s+H]85

- BDC DOT is easy peasy. can't mess it up

- i am not 100% sure on this (probably pressing H late), but i think it is possible to BDC bite and not get hit during the 1st active frame, if you're in range ofc.

- it is impossible to distinguish between airdash YRC and airdash footloose YRC, and you end up at different distances. sorta like gief short jump in sf4

Hey guys,
I've selected Slayer as my main today in Xrd.
Any tips how to improve? ATM i'm memorizing what every button and special do.
also wrote down few BnB combos and practicing it in Training mode.
Any useful information I should read about?
btw, what's the best Overhead Slayer has?
Thanks.

Any useful information I should read about?

btw, what's the best Overhead Slayer has?

Thanks.

Watch match videos and look at what they are doing and why.

Slayer doesn't really have an overhead to combo of. The most useful in Xrd seems to be dust, if your goal is dmg.

Watch match videos and look at what they are doing and why.

Slayer doesn't really have an overhead to combo of. The most useful in Xrd seems to be dust, if your goal is dmg.

Yeah, I've been watching and I see many player uses Under Pressure a lot as kind of hit confirm, why do they use it? the frame data of this attack isn't so good.

5 startup, 2 active frames, 12 recovery, 0 frame advantage.

Also Under Pressure is a mixup tool. You can either go to It's Late or 2K. But imo it's kinda weak. You need to have good reads on your opponent. Also you can just do empty dandy to throw/cmd throw. Mixing it up and getting good reads will win you a lot of matches

Basicly what you say is that I have lot's of options to go to from Under Pressure? isn't the recovery way to high? 12 frames is a lot.

It's 0 on block so 2K is kinda good after. It's Late cancels from Under Pressure, so recovery doesn't matter.

ohh so it's Win-Win situation, great.
any good normal to use as hit confirms? unlike Azrael, Slayer's range is preety low.
Mappa Punch/Dandy Step+ P/K/S/H has preety good range but can I can combo from there?

K/2K are your range pokes. Both cancel into 236K.

Some dandy-step follow-ups can be comboed after, mostly K and H ones.

Hey everyone, what are you guys doing post crosswise heel?

5h-j.s-j.h-j.d-j.2k-j.k-dj.s-j.h-j.d

Can you get 5hs after crosswise on everyone? Having trouble on Potemkin.

So it looks like Helter Skelter doesn't lead to combo on FA, MI, ZA, MA, or CH without RC or CH. Their forced crouching animations are too low. I haven't tested it on the DLC characters.

RCing helter skelter is decent. There's a window where you can RC it as he stomps and come out standing (instead of airborne). The time slow should give you enough time to visually confirm whether it's a block, hit, or counter hit. On hit they are forced into crouch so you can 4xS 2K-2D for knockdown. Or I guess you could just CWH into whatever. On counter hit you can wait for them to float up and then 6HS into CWH. You might even be able to set up a CWH loop somehow, I haven't looked for it there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it looks like Helter Skelter doesn't lead to combo on FA, MI, ZA, MA, or CH without RC or CH. Their forced crouching animations are too low. I haven't tested it on the DLC characters.

RCing helter skelter is decent. There's a window where you can RC it as he stomps and come out standing (instead of airborne). The time slow should give you enough time to visually confirm whether it's a block, hit, or counter hit. On hit they are forced into crouch so you can 4xS 2K-2D for knockdown. Or I guess you could just CWH into whatever. On counter hit you can wait for them to float up and then 6HS into CWH. You might even be able to set up a CWH loop somehow, I haven't looked for it there yet.y

You can do helter skelter, straight down dandy on Faust.

Ah yes, I should of specified without meter. The damage on that might be better then an RC combo though, I'll have to mess with it later.

Also important to note, in matchups where you can do the meterless confirm off of helter skelter with j.HS, if you happen to land a counter hit, j.HS will hit them as they bounce up, and you won't be able to combo when you land. You see this happen a lot in match videos. I was experimenting with delaying j.HS just a hair, and it seems that on some characters if you hit j.HS as late as possible for the normal confirm, it will whiff in the case of a CH allowing you to combo in either situation. I might of been imagining it though. I will test more later tonight.

Ah yes, I should of specified without meter. The damage on that might be better then an RC combo though, I'll have to mess with it later.

Also important to note, in matchups where you can do the meterless confirm off of helter skelter with j.HS, if you happen to land a counter hit, j.HS will hit them as they bounce up, and you won't be able to combo when you land. You see this happen a lot in match videos. I was experimenting with delaying j.HS just a hair, and it seems that on some characters if you hit j.HS as late as possible for the normal confirm, it will whiff in the case of a CH allowing you to combo in either situation. I might of been imagining it though. I will test more later tonight.

I think comboing into sdd does more damage, but can't get a knockdown that has decent oki afterwards. On ch you can hit twice with the super. Does 180.

Corner: ...Mappa RC>5D(6)>6H>5H>2H>c.S>jc>j.S>j.K>j.D (whatever short air combo you want, really)

Hardmode version of that combo: ...Mappa RC>5D(6)>j.S>j.H>j.D>P Dandy Crosswise>5H>jc>j.S>j.K>j.D