Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

6P also blows up a mid Axl Stance attack.

What is everyone doing after a landed bite? I tend to just do a RRC 5H > K Mappa, but would a 2D be a better idea for the knockdown?

Also, P Mappa: I see a lot of talk about the K Mappa, but how about the P? I tend to use it whenever I'm toss out a 5K or 2K within it's range because it means you get the combo if the 5k/2K connects and are safe from being thrown

6P also blows up a mid Axl Stance attack.

What is everyone doing after a landed bite? I tend to just do a RRC 5H > K Mappa, but would a 2D be a better idea for the knockdown?

Also, P Mappa: I see a lot of talk about the K Mappa, but how about the P? I tend to use it whenever I'm toss out a 5K or 2K within it's range because it means you get the combo if the 5k/2K connects and are safe from being thrown

I tend to press 5K and jc it iad to continue pressure. If I have meter and in the corner I'd RC it to 2HS into a knockdown. 

Another cool thing I found out is that you can input yrc. If bite lands you get nothing but if ppl back dash or jump you get YRC and can punish accordingly(probably common knowledge by now lol)

P Mappa is -1 on hit. K Mappa is -2. So there is not much advantage to comboing into P Mappa, unless you don't want to play the guessing game afterwards (but you should, because slayer's options basically make it in your favor even though your -2). P Mappa is better in footsies if you don't want to overextend yourself and are just fishing to counter poke (usually BDC), or if you just need the faster startup for some reason.

Off of bite the basic mixup is 5K into IAD as stated by EL_TRO or dash bite. You can try gimmicks like long dash c.S too.

That YRC OS is a good idea. If it's common knowledge nobodies talked about it yet here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What situations are you dandy stepping in? What kinds of moves are you getting hit with (2P, f.S, 5HS, sweeps, Dps, projectiles)? When are you getting interrupted during the dandy step?

What situations are you dandy stepping in? What kinds of moves are you getting hit with (2P, f.S, 5HS, sweeps, Dps, projectiles)? When are you getting interrupted during the dandy step?

I dandy step for mixups or to open up them when the opponent is blocking. Sadly before I can execute any of the dandy steps the animation gets interrupted. It's always when Slayer walks back and is just about to do any of the dandy steps. 

First you make them sit tight by pokes, frame-traps and dashes. Then you dendy step. Also use BDC and FDC dendy to make spacing different.

If you Dandy in such a way as to be sliding in front of the opponent's face before your attack comes out it's just screaming to be hit. I don't actually have specific tips on using Dandy during a blockstring, other than it's an art and requires finesse, and lots of practice against decent opponents to get the feeling down on when you can use it "safely". 

Or if you have no idea what's gonna happen if you throw it out or are afraid of getting hit, I just YRC it and then go for a mix-up. 

In case someone didn't notice -- BDC is way easier now, you can just hit 442369+K for example, and input window for K is quite large. So everyone should look into BDC wonders now =)

Played with a friend yesterday, and I can happily confirm that CWH loop... is indeed easier now with K d-step.  :yaaay:

I dandy step for mixups or to open up them when the opponent is blocking. Sadly before I can execute any of the dandy steps the animation gets interrupted. It's always when Slayer walks back and is just about to do any of the dandy steps. 

It's all about condition and respect. You don't get respect because this far people don't need to respect you and are going to press buttons all the time. Why wouldn't they? They beat your Dandy all the time and you lose.

BDC Mappa as mentioned condition people. For example if you use 2K, Dandy do 2K, BDC Mappa 10 times in a row. If you get CH all the time continue. If they start blocking to Dandy because they know hitting buttons will get them ch'd for a chunk of dmg.

Mix up with dash through and 6HS. Basically for any moves on block that you do Dandy on you always have the option of instead dash through, IAD j.S, j.K and 6HS. With Dandy these are basically your 4 offensive options. If Dandy doesn't work out I'd go to the other options for a while until they stop facerolling the stick.

Not using Dandy at the same time all the time as wall. If you do c.S, f.S, Dandy all the time it's not hard to read an open book. I for example can do weird stuff like 2P, 2P, 2S, Dandy on block just because people will be like "wtf is that? What's he doing?". Keeping people on their toes is essential.

You are going to lose alot as Slayer at the start because of all of this. But once you learn to adjust themselves to your pace it gets alot easier.

fogelstrom fancy playing some matches as i can see you online frequently and our connection was good as far as i remember?

MasterXDrake if they are stopping your DS at the startup your doing it wrong. You must be sure that you start it when you got frame advantage or when they expect for your combo to continue. Like fogelstrom said if they mash buttons start mixing it up a little with BDC, few 5K, c.S,f.S etc. I know that Slayer looks like one of most predictible characters in the game but he really isn't.

Note: If game reminds #R Give us BiteLoop Back!!! And frame advantage from It's Late ><

fogelstrom fancy playing some matches as i can see you online frequently and our connection was good as far as i remember?

MasterXDrake if they are stopping your DS at the startup your doing it wrong. You must be sure that you start it when you got frame advantage or when they expect for your combo to continue

I might be able to indulge your request on playing.

Also Dandy has strike invul att the start for the reason that you can do it at negative frames like after K Mappa. I actually use it to bait stuff on occasion with the strike invul or to avoid certain scenarios. Say that you block Sol Bandit Bringer midscreen. It's 0 on block and Sol has 5K with 3F startup. If he always hits 5K after Bringer you can Dandy at this point to avoid the strike. Works at dash pressure and other stuff as well but it's kinda risky and you have to have good reads.

If you are going to RCC Bite that's an awful waste of meter.

In corner people already said you can do 6D after Bite also on lv2 slip recovery

That gives me 148dmg on Leo.

I tried being fancy and doing

Bite, 6D, c.S, 6HS, CWH, c.S, 236236HS, 6HS, 214P-P but I couldn't get it to hit. I'm really bad at Eternal Wings combos.

Outside of corner I would not spend 50% meter to RRC Bite unless it killed and I'd do 6HS, 214P-P  then for 112dmg on Leo

It's really easy to mash out of stagger now that it's on button presses instead of stick movements. So I wouldn't advise for going for combos off of bite other then RC 2HS in tbe corner (or other true combos). Good players will shake out 90% of the time (at least offline), so it's probably not a good habit to form.

Eternal Wings combos are weird. Doing them on certain characters from certain moves is easily as hell (mid-weights from CH2H 6H CWH for example, or on lights from CH6K 6H CWH), otherwise it's just brutal timing.

It's really easy to mash out of stagger now that it's on button presses instead of stick movements. So I wouldn't advise for going for combos off of bite other then RC 2HS in tbe corner (or other true combos). Good players will shake out 90% of the time (at least offline), so it's probably not a good habit to form.

Yeah but combos that are true combos on Lv2 slip recovery is imo worth it. I have yet to get a black beat or block offline when going for Bite RRC and followups.

Though obviously if you attemt 2 and you get blocked I wouldn't do it a third time. As long as I get decent dmg from my 50% spent meter I'm happy!

Any where you would do a Mappa feint gimmick in AC you can create the same concept with YRC

I'm totally new to Slayer, so I don't know the old setups. I figure that if you cancel K Mappa off a f.S you're probably close enough to throw, but I'm not sure how exactly the YRC slowdown interacts with the opponent's options; if they're mashing are you going to get hit out of the YRC, or is it a free throw if they didn't press anything?

I'm totally new to Slayer, so I don't know the old setups. I figure that if you cancel K Mappa off a f.S you're probably close enough to throw, but I'm not sure how exactly the YRC slowdown interacts with the opponent's options; if they're mashing are you going to get hit out of the YRC, or is it a free throw if they didn't press anything?

There is a record option in practice mode to help you answer your own question. Not trying to be rude just saying.

That sounds like it would work. However, it will lose to a defensive throw if the opponent has seen the gimmick a few times and knows what your about to do. But that stuff rarely gets blown up unless you use it as a crutch instead of sprinkling it in here and there