Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

6H starts 17F (even longer on crouchers), cS has 13F of blockstun. 4 last frames of 6H's start-up the opponent is in neutral state, thus you can YRC. Same with K 236K on block.

Anyone have list for what DHD combo works on what characters? I'm sure someone posted it here earlier but I can't find it...

On what characters you can do c.S, f.S, c.S, f.S, j.D, DHD and on which you can only do c.S, f.S, j.D, DHD

Here is another tech with Slayer. After a 2D knockdown: 2D > 9jc (cross-up) > [Delay] Air backdash > J.S.

Depending on how much the air backdash is delayed, it can either lead to a double cross-up or a cross-up followed by a fake one. It is possible to combo after J.S with 2K, but Slayer needs to be very close to the ground.

Anyone have list for what DHD combo works on what characters? I'm sure someone posted it here earlier but I can't find it...

On what characters you can do c.S, f.S, c.S, f.S, j.D, DHD and on which you can only do c.S, f.S, j.D, DHD

It's in the combo thread, second post, "Straight Down Dandy"

I apologize for not updating the thread it in a while, I was busy with Xmas. I'll add corner 2HS combos soon.

Thanks for the tips guys.  :yaaay:

Edit: I got a couple questions guys.

What is a good damaging combo after crosswise heel? What is the purpose of Boodsucking Universe? It seems to me like a throw is better in every way. 

I've noticed Hase and Taka use IAD j.S after whiffed UP setplay on the corner. I haven't tried working it into my mixup game yet, but my guess is you're getting a slighter slower overhead (compared to its late) that also blows up mashing and throw OS. It also beats Potemkins backdash, so it looks like a strong option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips guys. :yaaay:

Edit: I got a couple questions guys.

What is a good damaging combo after crosswise heel? What is the purpose of Boodsucking Universe? It seems to me like a throw is better in every way.

The absolute best after a CWH is the CWH loop. If you find it too hard/tricky (you likely will, lol), then just go for an air combo instead.

Bite has at least three advantages over normal throw:

1. Longer range;

2. You can cancel forward dash into it;

3. You can BDC (backdash cancel) it to make its startup strike-invulnerable.

Bite has at least three advantages over normal throw:

1. Longer range;

2. You can cancel forward dash into it;

4. Life steal. He IS a vampire, after all!

Does FDC not impart any strike-invulnerability to whatever special move you cancel into?

Does FDC not impart any strike-invulnerability to whatever special move you cancel into?

Forward dash doesn't have any invul so it naturally can't add any invul frames when moves are cancelled from forward dash.

Backdash has 6 Invul frames and thus you can add this to the startup of whatever special you cancel out of your backdash.

No, 44 has 20F of invul, it's just that 6 (presumably, +R info) transfer to a BDC special or a jump. 66 may have some invuls in the middle (can't find info ATM), but they never translated to a move.

Fogelstrom quick question is there any trick on doing j2K loops online? Offline no problems Online i miss jP,jK or jK section all the f**** time that starts to drive me insane

How do you teleport in place because I was fighting this Slayer online and he was teleporting in place to avoid some of my attacks(I also see Hase and Kubo do it all the time). I think knowing this will help me get out of certain situations.

Fogelstrom quick question is there any trick on doing j2K loops online? Offline no problems Online i miss jP,jK or jK section all the f**** time that starts to drive me insane

Just training. I play alot... I already got 1300 matches online and I've seen people with alot more.

You could always try training mode with delay... I don't do any delay training it just kinda comes naturally after all the matches played. Switching from online too offline is a bit iffy for me due to the amount played online but it just takes a while to adjust.

Anyone here know how to get in on any of the characters. I'm currently rocking 120 losing streak. No matter what I do I just get combo'd straight into death in around 20 seconds.

My personal bane is Sin just seems like no matter what move I use I just die to him.

So sorry I don't know where to ask this im having a hard time combo'n after a j2k any tips ? Or just grind it out in training mode?

So sorry I don't know where to ask this im having a hard time combo'n after a j2k any tips ? Or just grind it out in training mode?

Already been over a couple of times.

Depens on combo you're doing and on what character(s) none of wich you mention.

5K, 236K, RC, 214K-K, c.S/5HS, j.SHD, j.2K, j.PK, dj.KD - This is the standard Mappa RC combo I use and one you'll do alot in the beginning.

On medium characters if you do 5HS you need to delay j.D.

If you do c.S instead you can use same timing as when doing 5HS on light characters.

If j.P doesn't come out after j.2K you are doing it too early. It's better to do it's to late in training and then faster and faster to get it to hit (imo and this is what I did).

Anyone here know how to get in on any of the characters. I'm currently rocking 120 losing streak. No matter what I do I just get combo'd straight into death in around 20 seconds.

My personal bane is Sin just seems like no matter what move I use I just die to him.

Watch videos of other people playing and look at what they are doing. Study and try to understand why they make their choices.

I can't help but to think that you are completely lacking in fundamentals and footsies if what described above is true. Also if you get combo'd straight to death all the time I would advice blocking.

Against Sin well... he's a new characters but he's a bit of a pain for Slayer since it's difficult navigating through his specials without having to block or getting hit. Sin being plus on block doesn't help our cause either. But you should try and be within K Mappa range at furthest and have good reactions. If you want to get in fast you can YRC Footloose. If he's mashing between Rekkas on block just don't press buttons and let him burn the food meter. You need to call it out at some point and you can backdash between to make him wiff and/or halt with the pressure (not recommended in corner). It's a bit difficult to give tips not being able to see any matches.

I found a corner Dust combo doods. Lemme know what you think.

5D (6) > 5S > 6HS > P - Dandy > CWH > 5K > j.S > j.H > j.D > j.2K > j.P > j.K > djc > j.K > j.D

It's weird cause I started out using K-Dandy CWH and that would make the combo drop. So I omitted the 5S but doing that made the j.S > j.H really finicky. I tried P-Dandy CWH and the combo hits pretty consistently. Now if you'll excuse me I'll reminisce about the days of Force Breaks and BBU violence.

Against Sin knowing how to do BDC mappa hunch is really good because after a blocked mappa hunch some of Sin's pokes will go right through you during the backdash.

Also practice doing blitz shield, Sin's overhead is easy to reject if done in strings and depending on distance you can do a K dandy step into CWH.

Sin's only special move that is plus on block is his slide, everything else is minus or punishable on block.  Slayer's mappa hunch K is a good tool to try and catch attempted eats after blocked strings that normally push you back a certain distance. 

Once you have Sin under pressure his only meterless reversal is pretty weak so you only need to be mindful of wake-up throw attempts.

his only meterless reversal is pretty weak

623S, 236HS, 236K, 236HS, 214HS - 118dmg on Sin. I'd say he has one of the better reversals in the game but that's probably just me!

Though some cancels so spends alot of meter. I worry about his reversal alot. Even if they don't have meter to burn for all that if they do 623S, 236K that doesn't combo they end up on + frames from a reversal.

Alright I can't refute your point on that account, if you eat the 623S then yeah you'll get hurt.

With Slayer its very easy to move out of range of 623S on wakeup and I don't believe that he can cancel moves on whiff so with meter on hand it can be a good bet to do K dandy step to completely evade the wake-up move and get a CH CWH.

BDC mappa hunch is also a good option on his wakeup as you can delay the mappa hunch if you expect a wake-up reversal like that.

of course if you bait it really well you can get a around a 210 punish with 2H even midscreen on CH.  :SL:

It has poor range so you can basically stand outside throw range and it will wiff. Then it's easy punish with whatever you can muster but my point was just on hit from reversal I don't think it's weak. I use ALOT of It's Late un-meaty on oki to blow up throw mashers so reversal are effective against my playstyle. So versus Sin it's a gamble. But if they 623S alot you got easy countermeasurments.

yeah knowing this throw range can neutralize his wake-up options.  Sin is similar to Slayer in that his gatling chains are limited so his mixup and pressure is lacking, its just that any hit can turn into at least 100+ damage.

also 6P is a good anti-air against him, his j.H and and the mixup of whether it will be hitting three times or just two into a low on landing gets stopped if predicted.

I think that might be Zato specific. He gets 2-hitted alot by DHD for some reason.
Also at very close range you could probably land and do c.S, j.SHD, j.2K, j.K, dj.SHD, j.2K, j.PD for around the same dmg meterless. Since it's 2-hit DHD it's alot of dmg...

But it's fancy killing stuff!