Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

So apparently Elphelt's hitbox in the air makes the corner combo of 2H (non-CH) and c.S link impossible because her vertical hitbox is Faust levels of small.

Yet another reason to hate Elphelt it seems.

5P can work, but the timing is harder than c.S for the rest of the cast and the potential combo will be less and harder to do.

Her hitbox is awful, the CH 2H combo I mentioned a few days ago doesn't allow c.S link after K Mappa because she seems to have a wide horizontal hitbox but a small vertical hitbox when she's being combed in the air.

I'll have to check if any light weight characters can be hit with c.S after 2H in the corner.

Hey, Im struggling to find good things to do on an opponents wakeup.

So far all ive been doing is:

Under Pressure whiff into 2.K

Under Pressure whiff into Its Late

Cross up Helter Skelter

Teleport behind them

Meaty 6.K

But everything seems to be blown up the characters with ridiculously fast normals or DPS.  Dont know if Slayer has any safe jumps or the sorts.

Also how you consistently land a meaty Its Late into 2.K?  I dont think Ive ever been able to link them together.

Thanks.

Why am I getting grabbed after I teleport behind an opponent on wakeup? :/

Because you arent invulnerable per say, just strike invincible.  You still have a hitbox while teleporting.

Meaning you can get grabbed out of teleport.  

Normals beat your oki? Then you are not meaty.

DPs should be baited. Safe jumps can be done (jH i recon), but need a good knockdown.

Normals beat your oki? Then you are not meaty.

DPs should be baited. Safe jumps can be done (jH i recon), but need a good knockdown.

I understand the DP baiting, just that once Under Pressure/2.K is blocked on their wakeup I dont really know how to capitalize off of that because Slayers Blockstrings arent exactly the best at dealing with fast normals.

I understand the DP baiting, just that once Under Pressure/2.K is blocked on their wakeup I dont really know how to capitalize off of that because Slayers Blockstrings arent exactly the best at dealing with fast normals.

You're plus on both of them; +1 on It's Late (which I assume you're doing, not Under Pressure) and +4 on 2K. Another 2K will beat almost any normal they throw out. A half step forward Bite of Dash throw/5S can also work. Or do a BDC Mappa if you think they'd delay the normal to catch the throw attempt, or another Dandy (which you can YRC). You can also do a 6K which beats mashed lows and hits overhead. Or you can do a 5S 6H Dandy blockstring into another mixup. There's also hitting them with any jump cancelable normal into an IAD.

Hey, Im struggling to find good things to do on an opponents wakeup.

So far all ive been doing is:

Under Pressure whiff into 2.K

Under Pressure whiff into Its Late

Cross up Helter Skelter

Teleport behind them

Meaty 6.K

But everything seems to be blown up the characters with ridiculously fast normals or DPS.  Dont know if Slayer has any safe jumps or the sorts.

Also how you consistently land a meaty Its Late into 2.K?  I dont think Ive ever been able to link them together.

Thanks.

The 3 first are basically everything you need. Though Helter Skelter should only be used sparingly imo.

I do c.S, f.S outside throw range as well for meaty just so things look different and keep people on their toes. After f.S you are +6 on block so you can do basically anything you'd like there.

If you do Under Pressure to un-meaty It's Late to blow up throws you can be beaten by mashers. If they only mash start mixing in meaty It's Late instead to make them stop. DP you have to bait, that's just life. But focus if they actually ever get reversal, if not use c.S, f.S as meaty and they'll just get hit for not being able to reversal properly.

For consistency on the meaty It's Late, 2K link you just have to play alot and practice. The wakeup time on characers vary by 10F so you just have to learn how to time it on each character. It's hard to get down consistent. I rarely use meaty because everyone is always mashing grabs but if they start mashing normals I just speed up my un-meaty and mostly get CH.

I personally never use 6K unless I get major respect and most often after either a blocked 2K or f.S since you are +4 and +6.

Slayer has safe jumps but they just don't fit in with his other tools that stem from dandy really.

The 3 first are basically everything you need. Though Helter Skelter should only be used sparingly imo.

I do c.S, f.S outside throw range as well for meaty just so things look different and keep people on their toes. After f.S you are +6 on block so you can do basically anything you'd like there.

If you do Under Pressure to un-meaty It's Late to blow up throws you can be beaten by mashers. If they only mash start mixing in meaty It's Late instead to make them stop. DP you have to bait, that's just life. But focus if they actually ever get reversal, if not use c.S, f.S as meaty and they'll just get hit for not being able to reversal properly.

For consistency on the meaty It's Late, 2K link you just have to play alot and practice. The wakeup time on characers vary by 10F so you just have to learn how to time it on each character. It's hard to get down consistent. I rarely use meaty because everyone is always mashing grabs but if they start mashing normals I just speed up my un-meaty and mostly get CH.

I personally never use 6K unless I get major respect and most often after either a blocked 2K or f.S since you are +4 and +6.

Slayer has safe jumps but they just don't fit in with his other tools that stem from dandy really.

In all honesty I struggle to space the C.S on their wakeup cause Im an idiot.

66 through them at point blank will leave you out of throw range IIRC.

Im assuming this is way before they wake up otherwise 1 frame throw.

Yes, you can then mix it by going through twice, starting from unthrowable range and confuse them further (kubo does that quite a bit).

Also 214PS whiff mix-ups are not all you need, because it wont be meaty post throw for example. Thus you should have quick oki options like 2K, 2P tick-throw, 2P 2S and of course baiting shit with back dash.

Yes, you can then mix it by going through twice, starting from unthrowable range and confuse them further (kubo does that quite a bit).

Also 214PS whiff mix-ups are not all you need, because it wont be meaty post throw for example. Thus you should have quick oki options like 2K, 2P tick-throw, 2P 2S and of course baiting shit with back dash.

Of course,  I have seen/tried the double tele crossup.  Its weird but people do fall for it.

Thanks for the help btw.

Also, if you notice an opponent consistently throws you out of teleport mixups (exe 2D knockdown double dash), try doing a throw bait. You can do a BDC Mappa instead of the second dash. Or you can cancel the second dash into and instant j.2K and combo into falling j.K 5P j.PKD j.2K stuff. However I wouldn't do this against Sol, because his OS throw button is K, and it's 3 frames (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

You can even do a long dash for the second dash, and you will pass all the way through and be unthrowable (or at least the timing changes, I'm not sure). It's tricky to punish their whiffed normal though, unless you do something like long FDC P Mappa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually just wait as people often expect the throw after I do it once, so they think the throw is coming again immediately, but I just delay it a bit, the end result is either they whiff their option select normal/HS or they just block/jump which gets them thrown or 6HSed in the air/air grabbed.

So I once said that you couldn't get meaty it's late off of 2D knockdowns on most characters.  It appears I was flat out wrong.  The fastest face down wake up time is 48F (I-no and Slayer).  On these characters if you do dandy step, under pressure, AND it's late as early as possible, it will hit meaty enough for 2K > 2D to combo.  However, it's a reaaally tight link.  On 49-50F wakeups it feels pretty hard too, but I was able to get it way more consistently.  On anything above that its pretty easy.  Some characters have such long face down wakeup timings that it will whiff if you don't delay it.  Anyways, sorry for the misinformation.  

Also, if I didn't already post this, you should be able to get Helter Skelter to combo into j.HS > 2K > 2D if it hits meaty, even on the characters it typically wouldn't work on (Milia, Zato, etc.)

You can even combo j.H, 2K, 2D on Faust if it's meaty. I've done it several times but then again I do Helter Skelter hella early and it's really not unheard of me getting grabbed out of it or even 2P mashed out of it. I take my trusty shalt shaker and just slams it down into the floor. Who the hell grabs Helter Skelter anyway... :(

For sh!ts and giggles if you play against Pot you can do c.S, f.S, j.D, DHD on him crouching. It's easy and fast solid damage.

Helter Skelter, DHD on oki is also good if people are kinda low on hp and you wanna steal that burst.

Helter Skelter, DHD on oki is also good if people are kinda low on hp and you wanna steal that burst.

Assuming you've trained them well enough that the Helter Skelter will hit that's a very dirty move. I like it. No need to bait the burst out, just deny it.