Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

can someone explain to me how to do slayer's FDC and BDC or have a video demonstrating it because i know it is a crucial part of learning slayer, but i have idea how to perform it.

can someone explain to me how to do slayer's FDC and BDC or have a video demonstrating it because i know it is a crucial part of learning slayer, but i have idea how to perform it.

TK your motion off it.

Example: 44 -> 2369P/K

If I understand frame data in regards to gatlings right, it's:

5K - 6HS 6 frames

C.S - 6K 10 frames

C.S - 6HS 7 frames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I understand frame data in regards to gatlings right, it's:

5K - 6HS 6 frames

C.S - 6K 10 frames

C.S - 6HS 7 frames

Those are big holes :(

5K --> lv 2 --> 13F blockstun

6H --> 17F startup

17-13 = 4 frames gap

5K is +3 on block. That doesn't affect? I'm bad at everything related to frame data and mechanics hah.

Also Slayer is a counter hit fishing character so it's just natural. Sometimes you even need to increase the gap to make people hit buttons! But the gaps are good to know none the less

The data on Dustloop wiki copied from 4gamer says +3 anyway.
But then I know about the gatling stuff.

If I'd get blown up between move->6HS I'd probably crunch the numbers myself but at this point it's not an major issue for me at least.

Dang you're right, it's +3. I'm pretty sure it didn't give any frame advantage in pre-AC older games, lol.

so how do you calculate frame advantage for gatlings? I thought you took the frame advantage of a move and added it to the moves recovery since you are canceling into a different normal.

Gatling is a cancel, it nullifies recovery of 1st attack and goes staraight into 2nd. 1st attack -- cS or 5K is a 2 lvl attack, wich has 13F of normal blockstun. You can start second attack as soon as you connected with the first one, so those 13F cover the start of 2nd attack. 6H is 17F, 13 of which are covered, and that leaves 4F window (3F really beacuse 17th frame of 6H is active already, last start-up = first active).
fS for example starts at 13F, exactly as blockstun, and that lets ppl IB first cS and throw us out of fS.

Thanks for that, I didnt really understand how to tell how large the gap was.

Was mostly wondering cause I was fighting a Sol and he kept using his 2.D to beat my spaced 5S-6H.  Turns out I was an idiot and his 2.D just low profiles it regardless.  Ended up just using 6K cause it beats it and free CH.

6K wasn't probably the best solution to call out someone using Sol 2D excessivly.
If he was always doing it after a far range 5K cancel it to K Dandy and Pilebunker/Under Pressure.
Use 2H and score CH than link to Mappa RC and combo. And if corner just 6HS and get over 200dmg easy.
5K IAD j.S/j.H/j.D

Out of the options I like doing Dandy but IAD stuffs is probably best.
Obviously mixing it up is always key.

For the situation he was describing (blocked c.S) 2HS will get hit out of startup before its foot invuln gets going and 5K will get low profiled (and hit out of startup anyway) because c.S is -4 on regular block.

Dandy step seems like it might work there though, he'd just have to test it. I do agree 6K CH reward is meh, but it is the safest option most likely.

In general 5K is a better normal to use for Gatling into 6HS (or other options) then c.S. Since 5K is +3, all of those options should work against 2D (5K into 5K may still get low profiled, I don't know how early that property kicks in for Sols 2D). The only downside is 5K cannot gatling into f.S or 2K and is slower on startup.

I watched a bunch of Kubo and Hase slayer streams this week, and one thing that really stood out to me was how they set up their oki.

After scoring a knockdown with a j.D, they would often land, score an OTG 2K, and cancel into dandy step from there to set up their UP/IL/Dandy YRC mixup. Resetting the knockdown with the OTG gave them so much more time to set up their next approach, and it yielded great results.

I'm definitely adding this to my toolkit, and I don't recall seeing it mentioned here. Has anyone played around with this tech? If so, what have been your results?

Just count on the fact that they can tech if you otg them. Which is actually pretty hard to do, because you have to do it in a very little timeframe, and most novice players don't even know that it's possible. If they don't tech, you get some pretty good meaty options, that's true. Also this is best in the corner. Try it out in training mode, set the dummy to different tech directions, and practice against those options.

So, Dead on Time: When is it best used? BDC for invincibility through startup to blow through moves? Instead of Mappa RC when in Hellfire or worried about a Burst? EW seems to be a combo tool and crappy wakeup, while the aerial OD is more shenanigan based or for massive corner combos.