Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

It's a pretty shitty gimmick if you ask me. There is only one time I use it, after blocked corner mappa RC FTW. That's pretty shitty utility, I think 1 GP sounds fair. Considering the circus he has to deal with already in this game.

No I mean try using it on the opponent's wakeup. You can let it hit, YRC it before it goes active, or YRC it at it's active frame (in case your opponent backdashes). Yeah still a gimmicky mixup, but not bad to do once in a while, lol.

When was Undertow ever good besides +R? Even then it was mostly combo filler(burst safe cause of the armor). I cannot see that move being good in Xrd tbch.

http://youtu.be/N4_FtHQzxW4

I remember seeing someone say it was possible to RC helter skelter and still be standing but it was like frame perfect and undertow setups etc. so I put up a video for proof of concept and video reference btw nice to meet you all I'm a new slayer player and also a HUGE lab monster fairly confident in my execution so if anyone needs a video of anything let me know sorry about the quality this was rushed better video coming soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Undertow was good in reload as long as you didn't overuse it. What makes it worse in Xrd is that it is slower, so there are not many setups for it that don't require meter. The RC setups are good though to close out rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90 base damage for the bite is amazing, that's pretty close to a 1/5 of a life bar before defense and guts come into play.  Since it does more damage do you think the amount of life gained back will stay the same or will that get increased as well?

BDC bites going to be a great option with that chunk of damage, I just hope that the opponent isn't pushed too far away now.

This is just what he needed. 6p is back, p pile ch is back to pain time.

Hopefully a 6k buff and a buff on j.p and j.k hitboxes.

Bite buff is incredible.

Change to blitz shield vs projectiles is amazing for slayer.

I can get wins vs top players already, now it will be easier. No longer trash tier!

Would've hoped for a buff to 6k 2s or 2h, having 2h stagger on CH instead of blow them way into the air would've been nice, but overall I don't have complaints.

With the buffs to p pilebunker though, won't he still have to rapid it mid screen for combos? My biggest issue with it was that outside of the corner, it was difficult to confirm off of (which I assume this buff changes), and you needed to blow meter to do it. Slayer sucks down meter like mad to combo off of most counterhits, which seems a bit weird considering he's a character literally designed to do that very thing.

Nah, if it is wallbounce for ch pile, we should be able to get c.s or 2.p 2.s.

We should be able to get Iad j.h off ch 6p now too.

Also, if they keep bite heal as it is, we will be healing around 80dmg each bite.

That is a lot. Like, A tier a lot.

No one mentioning 70% Forced Proration nerf on K PB? That's kinda huge. And essentially the only nerf to Slayer.
Hope it's only for K PB. That I can live with. Especially if you can combo from normal hit.

Besides that going into any wishful thinking and asking for Slayer to be a old god is pointless.

Since everything (to me) seems like buffs (besides 70% forced P1) I can't complain. He'll be better than he is now and upping bite dmg just makes it a better/more valid tool. Even if we loose RRC combo on it. Still good dmg, good stun and life leech.

Undertow was good in reload as long as you didn't overuse it. What makes it worse in Xrd is that it is slower, so there are not many setups for it that don't require meter. The RC setups are good though to close out rounds.

Yeah if undertow ever needs to be buffed, then making its startup a lil bit faster by 2 or 3 frames would do it (I think it'd be broken if it's as fast as in previous games (30 startup frames) due to yrc).

@hc0519: Slayer secret buffs: (1/3)

- P>2S link added

- HS, longer shaking status on hit

- 2HS, bigger hitbox, longer untechable time

@hc0519: Slayer secret buffs: (2/3)

- 2D, bigger vertical hitbox

- 6K, landing recovery 7F->5F

- Helter, jumps up lower

@hc0519: Slayer secret buffs: (3/3)

- Under-tow, longer untechable time

- forward step, increased distance when canceled with jump

HOLY SHIT

https://twitter.com/SpicaTerrible_/status/563178576380321792

CH P Pilebunker wallbounce confirmed?

"髭のpパイルchと前pchの壁バウンドが俺たちの想像してたのと違うんやが"

"中央まで跳ね返ってこなくて、前pを端で通常当てして跳ね返ってくるやつとたぶん一緒ですね"

https://twitter.com/kedako_faital/status/563184907711553536

Kedako says it's not a full wallbounce?

"髭のPパイルカウンターは俺たちの期待してた壁バウンドじゃなかった。帰ってこない。"

It has wallbounce, but not all the way back across the screen (like non-CH 6P?)

"バウンドはするけど、中央までは戻ってこない感じです。"

https://twitter.com/SpicaTerrible_/status/563200358311141376

6H doesnt combo off CH P Pilebunker

"パイルとか前pchの帰ってきてみたけどやっぱ前HS無理かな"

Search #xrdロケテ (xrd loketest)

Wait, how about k dandy pilebunker? What does it do on counter hit? Is it the same as on normal hit (wall stick)?

Probably unchanged, same sliding/tumbling like Fafnir as it is now

Wait, how about k dandy pilebunker? What does it do on counter hit? Is it the same as on normal hit (wall stick)?

6H doesn't combo after a ch p dandy pb doesn't worry me at all. In #reload and slash we could already deal massive tensionless damage with c.s f.s relaunch.

- 6K, landing recovery 7F->5F

I really want to see more of this.  Slayer needs more of these tools that gave him the ability to create solid, convertible pressure with his normals and less reliance on guessing with dandy or dashing gimmicks.

I really want to see more of this.  Slayer needs more of these tools that gave him the ability to create solid, convertible pressure with his normals and less reliance on guessing with dandy or dashing gimmicks.

if it combos to anything , this will be the "buff" in my opnion 6K feint oki back on track ....nice

now SDD buff and i'm done Arcsys lesssss go!!!

Slayer secret buffs

If these all are true... man people are going to complain something fierce! Maybe we'll get scraped up from the bottom tier pit :)

Looking forward to seeing videos of the changes in action.

The list I posted was mostly translated from Konsomme. Apparently they handed out a paper with the full change list on it at the loketest, so those aren't just speculation.

I really want to see more of this. Slayer needs more of these tools that gave him the ability to create solid, convertible pressure with his normals and less reliance on guessing with dandy or dashing gimmicks.

I fully agree with you. I sub Slayer in ACR and completely dropped him in XRD when I realized how crippling gimmicky he has become. I need to have certitude in what's happening when I press a button.

6K feint is gonna be a thing again.

2HS range buff is something else I really like. Oh, baiting lows from farther than 2P range, how I've missed you!

6P (semi) wallbouncing from midscreen is great, also. As it is now it throws the opponent very away and effectively limits Oki. Now, since the opponent will stop being blow far off, that means more control on knockdown!

All this is great news!

Taka finding some bad stuff:

https://twitter.com/mochida_tw/status/563268482028937216

It's Late no longer forces crouch on hit

https://twitter.com/mochida_tw/status/563270073230446592

Sounds like CH P Pilebunker wall bounce makes the opponent fall right after, no good followup

Hase is @KamoneSoccer, hope he reports on more

Taka finding some bad stuff:

https://twitter.com/mochida_tw/status/563268482028937216

It's Late no longer forces crouch on hit

https://twitter.com/mochida_tw/status/563270073230446592

Sounds like CH P Pilebunker wall bounce makes the opponent fall right after, no good followup

Hase is @KamoneSoccer, hope he reports on more

How vital is It's late no longer forces crouch though? I can see that it leads to some good stuff obviously but its not that big of an issue is it? CH P Pilebunker wall bounce is a complete nerf though. Like what the fuck? Why remove any kind of damage off a fucking CH? I mean camone damn.