Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

Because Hase, the best Slayer in the world, got blown up repeatedly.

You're overexaggerating. He didn't get completely blown up, he wasn't all free. I think he just had a shitty day cause he wasn't playing that well in general so I wouldn't say that he got rekt because he was playing Slayer.

Why was Hase ending his combo: 5s x 4 hits, 5k, into IAD over Chipp? It seems like ending in a K Mappa punch is fine for my very average play level, so what is the secret here? Just trying to keep Chipp out of the air/offensive stance?

Why was Hase ending his combo: 5s x 4 hits, 5k, into IAD over Chipp? It seems like ending in a K Mappa punch is fine for my very average play level, so what is the secret here? Just trying to keep Chipp out of the air/offensive stance?

Just trying to reset the pressure, thats all.

Hey All, Typical newcomer post so sorry about that.

Been grinding out slayer 101 for the past week however to make sure i'm not missing anything: Are there any strongly recommended guides or Videos for picking up slayer? I'e mostly been watching videos linked in the thread of Hase and Kubo however perhaps taking a step back and appreciating more fundamental stuff might be wise as well. Also is there a translated frame data page or something like that for me to reference?

There's no real video's or guides that I've come across. The dustloop wiki should have frame data for slayer, but if you have a cellphone http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/home/gunframe-xrd-frame-data-app-for-android-on-r476 this app looks like it is wonderful. I'm going to download it later.

If you can record video, I would use the critique thread. I went through the same starting process and fogelstrom guided me along.

I recommend you focus on offense, then defense, then keep alternating between the 2. Slayer's dashes make his movement unique but you'll start figuring out how to move as you play more.

I remember ApertureBlack has some good basics videos to watch. Don't look down on watching lower level players either, Hase and Kubo can play the way they do because their opponents respect their skill. Watching lower level players makes it easier to see what's basic and what weaknesses your moves have.

Is it worth to RC Mappa into Dust? (It combos, but so does crosswise hell and pile bunker)

It depends, in the corner its generally better to RC into dash-5H-2H-Combo for lotsa damage and knockdown

Midscreen it does more damage then crosswise but doesnt lead to any good oki.

I dont think I would ever go into pilebunker on a Mappa hit though.

In corner I always go for xx, Mappa, RC, 6D but dash 5HS, 2HS is better if you're going for max damage however I always trade off some dmg for consistency. Obviously 5HS, 2HS is consistent as well but with lots more training. And the fact that it's a bit on the character specific side with having to use 5P on May/Elph/Millia.

Midscreen always CWH.

Also don't forget RRC has forced prorate so if you have already racked up a few hits you don't get that much after RRC and it might be wise to go for knockdown (if possible) and rather save your meter for mixups/better starter.

In corner I always go for xx, Mappa, RC, 6D but dash 5HS, 2HS is better if you're going for max damage however I always trade off some dmg for consistency. Obviously 5HS, 2HS is consistent as well but with lots more training. And the fact that it's a bit on the character specific side with having to use 5P on May/Elph/Millia.

Midscreen always CWH.

Also don't forget RRC has forced prorate so if you have already racked up a few hits you don't get that much after RRC and it might be wise to go for knockdown (if possible) and rather save your meter for mixups/better starter.

I dont think Ive had to use 5P on May though I do on Millia

In fact, that got me thinking and I tested combos from 6HS, 5H-2H, Mappa RC, and Pilebunker on multiple character sizes to see what was consistent.

Ya I was bored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXgURdXndBc

Edit: Updated the videos quality, it should be fine now.

I dont think Ive had to use 5P on May though I do on Millia

In fact, that got me thinking and I tested combos from 6HS, 5H-2H, Mappa RC, and Pilebunker on multiple character sizes to see what was consistent.

Ya I was bored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJz18XcvNYw

Edit: I may have to upload it again cause the quality tanked lol.

i like the song castlevania right?

i like the song castlevania right?

Ya, its by a group that does Jazzy remixs of video game stuff called TheOneUps.

The vid made me hate Faust even more as well, his stupid stupid hitbox.

Anyways better quality one will be up shortly, dont know why vegas decided to kill itself.

Edit: Video took forever to render, but this is much better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXgURdXndBc

I love your videos apertureblack, I always check for more slayer stuff whenever Im on youtube.

Well thanks then.

Regardless all this brainstorming that I did in the last video about airloops on different characters made me want to squeeze as much as I could out of those loops and get them off random hit confirms.  So then I made another vid showcasing most of the ways you can get the "airloop" or whatever in a combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0Ix9qpwDk

Btw Slayers of Dustloop, what is the name that everyone has given the little airloop thing that Slayer has?  I dont want to call it the rest cause it isnt similar to his past ones and I cant think of anything creative involving Footloose Journey, any ideas?

For j.D double jump me and my friends calls it "Hase combo" or "Hase variation" and for stuff like j.SHD2K, j.PK, dj.KD we just call it "normal air combo/variation" or "old air combo/variation". Nothing fancy but I don't feel it's needed either.

For j.D double jump me and my friends calls it "Hase combo" or "Hase variation" and for stuff like j.SHD2K, j.PK, dj.KD we just call it "normal air combo/variation" or "old air combo/variation". Nothing fancy but I don't feel it's needed either.

Some of my friends (none of which are really serious at the game like I am) call it the Slayercoaster because apparently you go up, go for a loop, and then drop to the ground and it ends.

For a second I thought you wrote Double D, which is exactly what it is anyways.

To each his own I suppose.

Btw Slayers of Dustloop, what is the name that everyone has given the little airloop thing that Slayer has?  I dont want to call it the rest cause it isnt similar to his past ones and I cant think of anything creative involving Footloose Journey, any ideas?

We call it "The Hase".

But "Slayercoaster" does have a nice ring to it. Haha

Some of my friends (none of which are really serious at the game like I am) call it the Slayercoaster because apparently you go up, go for a loop, and then drop to the ground and it ends.

For a second I thought you wrote Double D, which is exactly what it is anyways.

To each his own I suppose.

Hey, I was trying out your combos on Sol, but some for reason I can't get the jD to hit after the rejump jK(P) S H, any ideas?

Hey, I was trying out your combos on Sol, but some for reason I can't get the jD to hit after the rejump jK(P) S H, any ideas?

May I ask what the starter was?  Sols hitbox in the air is stupid, he curls up like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Edit: I know what you mean now, all you have to do for the standard ground one is instead of c.s-f.s use 2.p-2.s as the launcher.  Its weird but it makes it much more consistent.  Stupid mechanics.

May I ask what the starter was?  Sols hitbox in the air is stupid, he curls up like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Oh sorry, I was trying K Mappa RC CWH, and then just raw CWH, I guess I'm just trying to optimize damage off Mappa RC though, so I don't know how much I can really do with those combos off something like 5K K Mappa RC.

edit: oh and regarding the launcher after CWH, I was doing 5K, or just c.S