Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

Messed within training mode randomly. 

Is there any potential value to be able to cancel a forward dash immediately into a standing blitz shield?  Can't seem to do forward dash and cancel into crouching blitz shield or didn't do forward dash > jump > crouch + 2 attack buttons.

might be gimmicky but it might be an option if a person is will to throw a normal out if you dash forward.

That's some crazy yomi stuff. I can't imagine that it would be more rewarding than doing a forward dash cancel dandy which would accomplish the same thing while being less risky. Hell, if you have 25% you can YRC it to boot and take your sweet time punishing whatever move they throw out if you're baiting mash on dash (ha, that rhyme).

I predict bdc blitz will be very useful in 1.1 on account of (1) easier reversal window and (2) being able to delay your blitz timing, which when combined with the 1.1 proximity recoil could make certain blitz-proof oki setups actually unsafe

Messed within training mode randomly. 

Is there any potential value to be able to cancel a forward dash immediately into a standing blitz shield?  Can't seem to do forward dash and cancel into crouching blitz shield or didn't do forward dash > jump > crouch + 2 attack buttons.

might be gimmicky but it might be an option if a person is will to throw a normal out if you dash forward.

I had been playing with it and I think it can be useful. If you threaten to do lots of forward dash cancel bites, often the opponent will want to hit buttons knock you out of it, so then FDC BS becomes a strong option. Combined with Slayer's powerful CH punishes for counter BS baiting and the bite improvements, it could be strong tech in 1.1. You'd need an option to beat jumps too, though. I wonder how much forward momentum he gets after forward dash jump cancel now. If it's long enough, air throwing jumps could be an option.

You can do dash cancel into into crouch BS, but it's pretty hard. You really should if you're going to use the tech, though, so you don't eat Millia 2Ks or whatever. You need to cancel the prejump frames into the crouch BS, it's just really fast.

I predict bdc blitz will be very useful in 1.1 on account of (1) easier reversal window and (2) being able to delay your blitz timing, which when combined with the 1.1 proximity recoil could make certain blitz-proof oki setups actually unsafe

Yeah I'd been thinking this as well. I think the timing change might make it work vs I-No's meaty VCL YRC for example, and the BS would stun her since it works vs projectiles now.

uh oh.

you must time c.S perfectly or you'll get f.S. still, it works in spite of corner pushback > : ) and without the momentum boost from 214K > : )

other tidbits: 2H is untechable for 34f (+8 on hit), and max bite stagger is 48f (there is 17f recovery after bite deals damage).

uh oh.

you must time c.S perfectly or you'll get f.S. still, it works in spite of corner pushback > : ) and without the momentum boost from 214K > : )

other tidbits: 2H is untechable for 34f (+8 on hit), and max bite stagger is 48f (there is 17f recovery after bite deals damage).

So if the opponent gets out of the stagger as fast as possible, how many frames could we get to land anything after bite?

Against very strong players like Ain or Karinchu, I don't recall seeing Hase get a successful followup. This page seems to say that stagger is reduced by 1F per left or right input in AC. In Xrd, it could be 1F per button input, which would mean 1 button input per frame would end Bite stagger after 24 frames, making us +7; at 0.5 button inputs per frame, stagger would end after 32 frames, making us +15.

Does Bite get CH hitstop (on flashing RISC gauge)?

Edit: Looked at KSB pools

Kubo(!!!) is in Pool 5 with Efute and Koichi

Taka is in Pool 6 with Gazou, Ogawa, and Nakamura

Tsujikawa is in Pool 7 with Isamu, Fumo, and Woshige

A major test for 1.1 Slayer for sure...

nanore does guaranteed bite > dot several times in the vid. also there's an extra stagger frame after the ->O sign disappears :v

bite > 2H is black beat, but I think mashing out of bite stagger is difficult enough that it's worth going for if you have meter. i.e. bite, 2H RC K-pile

0 hitstop moves typically don't get bonus ch hitstop, and iirc bite is no different

So i just got a 125MB update for version 1.05. I wonder if thats the right one? On HK version

Yup, its the right one. The pilebunkers are real right now.

helter skelter -> j.D works on faust... so it probably works against the entire cast. what does this mean? if you have 50 tension, you can hit confirm with j.D xx DHD on regular hit, and press nothing on CH. :D

bite whiff recovery got the wild throw treatment. bite -> 5K > mappa works on super wide stagger hurtboxes (may, zato, ...?).

it's late prorates 90%. K pile force prorates 85%. bite force prorates 80%. who cares lol.

you can combo 6K CH > c.S on standing opponents. recommended for throw baits.

you can do 669 j.S on potemkin and the back leg will hit as an instant overhead! it worked in 1.0 actually but with the new dash (which is REALLY SICK btw) you don't have to do the long dash. you can harass with this midscreen, but with corner and meter you can either cancel into air super or RC j.HD. follow up with 5P-2S-2H.

immediate P pile at round start will hit the opponent (!). after 2H RC, 6[K] 214KP and 66 > 2P > 214KP will both kill just enough time to end RC proration. if sol whiffs a DP in the corner: 5H-2H RC 6[K] 214KP 214KP 5H-P pile does 258 damage. mark my words... the tech will be intentional whiff P pile YRC and whiff 2H YRC.

one more thing. it's late combos are definitely real. every other buff I agree with, but I'm still not sure why arcsys thought this was a good idea... previously you had to meaty the overhead which meant 1. you lost your throw inv and 2. you needed a knockdown setup. both of these points are moot now, and in fact I would say it's never worth it now to meaty it's late because you obviously want the throw CH. I am almost inclined to say merely blocking under pressure is more dangerous than getting blended by millia, and that 1.1 IL is more retarded than even AC 6K and dstep -> IL. I digress - new slayer feels really good at the end of the day. though I truly feel sorry for anyone who plays with the terminally salty passive aggressive types

has anyone been able to get 5D > K pilebunker to connect?  I've seen it done but I have not been able to get it to work even once

You have to jump cancel the auto dash after 6D. If you get the timing right it will hit before they start sliding down, or just after they do. In this case you can do another K pile, and then P pile or 5HS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snip

What was done to IL other than making it +3 on block? I'm having a hard time finding a consolidated list of confirmed 1.1 changes outside of the patch notes.

Yes. Needs to be early in the cancel frames. Same timing you need to combo 6HS into P Pile on normal hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird, I don't have a TON of trouble doing that but I'm finding this quite difficult because slayer always wants to grab his tie and show off how swag he is. Guess it's just something I'll have to grind a lot.

@Boom Cube, IL is +5 on crouching hit, meaning you can combo c.S/2P and convert into knockdown without meter or hitting meaty. check magz's post on the last page.

@tortoos, K pile > P pile is 1f timing I think. 6H doesn't seem to work, and it hits crouchers in 20f. also, I couldn't get it to work on potemkin.

I think these are almost all of the changes. pretty similar to the srk list. can't confirm italic changes.

5P: added gatling to 2S

5K: initial prorate 85% -> 90%

5H: stagger increased. 5H xx P pile is a true combo.

2H: hitbox greatly expanded. recovery increased; block adv -4 -> -8. untechable time increased; can combo into 5K or DOT in corner.

2D: hitbox expanded (vertically?). on crouch, can reliably land SSSS 2K2D on tiny characters.

j.H: initial prorate 80% -> 100%

6P: wallbounces midscreen on CH. initial prorate 100% -> 90%

6K: recovery decreased; block adv -2 -> +0. damage 22 -> 30; initial prorate 80% -> 90%. 2f window to hit meaty and be able to link c.S on crouchers.

bite: recovery on whiff greatly increased. now force prorates 80%. stagger and pushback on hit greatly increased. bite -> DOT is guaranteed.

214PP: forward movement greatly increased. wallbounces on CH. damage 80 -> 70; initial prorate 100% -> 90%.

214KP: wallsticks on normal hit. now force prorates 85%. RISC- 6 -> 10.

It's Late: recovery decreased; block adv +1 -> +3. initial prorate 100% -> 90%.

Helter Skelter: jumps lower after the stomp; can now combo j.H on all characters.

Undertow: untechable time increased; should knockdown all grounded characters.

DOT: hitstop greatly increased. forward movement greatly increased. stun damage 0 -> 70. CH wallstick removed. recovery increased; 31f -> 39f before landing.

short dash: horizontal momentum transferred when jump cancelling.

neutral air tech: fixed invulnerable time; same amount as other characters now.

air hitstun: hurtboxes adjusted.

I did another test and it gets better. it seems It's Late is throw invincible during the active frames????????? what????????? jfc