Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoudiniJr100

[Xrd] Slayer Gameplay Discussion

seems like the 6p corner combos are more easy with the 3 D varaiton nice :) 

jSHD jc P(k) SHD2k PD or j SHD 2k k jc SHD 2k PD or cs fs jSHD2k k(p)D land cs fs j SHD

I was in the middle of writing this giant pointless spiel about midscreen wall bounce conditions but instead I'll get to the point. rule of thumb for midscreen CH 6P seems to be:

- after CH 6P at round start distance or any closer, immediately 214KK. delay the xwise heel as necessary. really iffy on pot and bedman, but it should work on the rest of the cast.

- at further distances, immediately long dash and do f.S/5H into an air combo.

proration applies during RC slowdown regardless of whether you are mid-combo or not. YRC 6H (17f) will do prorated damage, but not YRC 6P (18f).

Yup, took me a little while to realize that, the second they're airborne from CH 6P, start K Dandy

Good looks for the long dash into f.S 5H, I was having a little trouble with that

What's your conversions for CH P Pile looking like? So far I've been using CH P Pile 6H P Pile, or CH P Pile -> 6H P Mappa RC K Pile

Still getting used to CH P Pile in the corner, I'm ending up doing 5H jc air combos, kinda sucks that it ends up getting them out of the corner

DOT, EW 85% forced

I don't know about EW but DOT was already 85% forced in 1.0. It's just missing in frame data lists. Easily tested with max risc.

Yup, took me a little while to realize that, the second they're airborne from CH 6P, start K Dandy

Good looks for the long dash into f.S 5H, I was having a little trouble with that

What's your conversions for CH P Pile looking like? So far I've been using CH P Pile 6H P Pile, or CH P Pile -> 6H P Mappa RC K Pile

Still getting used to CH P Pile in the corner, I'm ending up doing 5H jc air combos, kinda sucks that it ends up getting them out of the corner

on start position  ch pile 6H p p mappa RC 6H p pile  234d on venom i will test other stuff later

ch 6 p k pile > k pile RC k pile 5H 2H cs jKD 255d on venom

I don't think you can usually get better than CH P pile > 6H-P pile

however there are certain characters where you can land raw 214PK > 5H-K mappa (hits meaty) > c.S. that same route is also applicable to CH P pile, so practicing it is hellllllla worth it now. works on sol, faust, zato, likely others?

in the long run we'll want to avoid fishing for CH P pile too close to the corner. you want to take full advantage of its ridiculous horizontal priority and 1.1 range! slayer can CH you with a million other things so it's ok.

one thing I've been experimenting with recently is corner CH mappa > 2S-2H > 5K air combo. also works off CH f.S. this particular confirm owns, but there's a lot of char specific details (will work off CH P mappa but not K mappa; crouching only; stupid combos like j.K jc dj.2KD; etc). I'll get to the homework at some point

Hase posted an interesting 100% combo with DOT RC. Will have to confirm damage later.

Air to air - j.P j.P j.K j.D j.2K j.D 214K DOT RC KP 6D j.Px6-8 j.K JC j.S j.K j.D 214K. Works on Pot, Faust, Zato, Ram.

For Bedman/Sin do 6D j.P j.P j.S j.K j.P j.P j.K JC j.S j.K j.P j.D 214K. Use to finish opponents off.

Is he saying its 100%? I thought he was just saying use this ender, when you go for the kill (to beat guts). A few days ago he posted the same combo with a regular ender of 6D Kpile 6HS PPile

Edit: I'm an idiot, you mean 100% meter right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're always the best when it comes to putting out educational SL vids, thanks man.

Np problem, its what I consider fun regardless.

Also just found a CH K-Pile combo that insta kills Chipp and Millia if they have more then 20 Risc(Uses meter of course):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Re1Ymt0fU

About to go hard on training mode

• SSSSSS seems much easier but SSSS 5K 2D does the same damage as SSSSS 2D

• CH 6K SSSS works but not on Pot Faust Bed (holding 6 to get another cS is the Koogy secret). SSSS 2KD works on Ky Elphelt Venom, other characters just use SS 5K 2D

• Bite RC Gold IK works on max stagger recovery

• CH 2H > 2D Ky Chipp I-no Millia Zato May Pot Sin Venom

CH P Pile > 2D Millia Zato May Pot Slayer

So far can't get any followup

• You can skip diagonals on supers and IK

• CH 2H FDC jK goes into a relaunch or corner carry, timing is very tight on some characters (Ky Axl) and range is basically the same as 6H followup. Use something like KSK (most chars) or K2K (Zato Venom Axl) to begin the air combo. You can get better damage and oki than 6H Pile.

• DOT base stun is about 14 points (28 on CH)

• Corner 6P > cS/5P is possible at basically any range

• Helter RRC 66 K Pile

• (Can start with S series or IL) 2D RC K Pile: female chars

CH 2D RC K Pile: rest

• Bite > long dash will crossup, short dash puts you in cS range

• There's no universal IL followup, not even from K Step

Closest thing is that cS 2D works on everyone but Pot Bed Faust

For Pot Bed, 5PK 2D is inconsistent, 5P 2KD is more reliable

• Corner K-UP > Late xx 2PSH > 5K air combo

Sin Ky Pot Venom (air combo stops at jK)

Tested with both UP and IL hitting crouching. Tried both near and deep in corner, didn't make a difference. Starting P-UP never worked.

• Can do Bite 5H-2H 5K air combo instead of 2H cS

https://youtu.be/xBCz82LYHEs

Decided to compile a large amount of the new combos that Slayer is capable of.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akSZqPy5-UQ

Nice. And I respect the more "practical" approach, and not just showcasing a shit ton of combos that rely on 100% Tension.

Cause let's be honest guys...aside from the awesome buffs he received in 1.1, he still needs meter for YRC's to help his neutral game/shenanigans at high-level play. 

Nice. And I respect the more "practical" approach, and not just showcasing a shit ton of combos that rely on 100% Tension.

Cause let's be honest guys...aside from the awesome buffs he received in 1.1, he still needs meter for YRC's to help his neutral game/shenanigans. 

No prob, I hate looking up combos and seeing impractical 100 meter combos on 100 risc people.

Regardless Slayer has always benefited from YRC, now even more so.  I personally enjoy the longer ranged 2HS with YRC/RRC because you can react to the opponent extremely easy now.

Regardless Slayer has always benefited from YRC, now even more so.  I personally enjoy the longer ranged 2HS with YRC/RRC because you can react to the opponent extremely easy now.

I totally agree on Slayer and YRC-ing.

And that's kinda funny, cause I was messing around with 2H into YRC's just a little bit ago. I think it's pretty solid.

I totally agree on Slayer and YRC-ing.

And that's kinda funny, cause I was messing around with 2H into YRC's just a little bit ago. I think it's pretty solid.

Ive watched Hase go into 2K/5H > 2HS in the corner in blockstrings and cancel on the first few frames of 2HS.  If it is yellow he would go for an air throw or 6HS because they obvioulsy were in the air, if it was red he would go for another mix up.

It just looks and feels really good. 

Ive watched Hase go into 2K/5H > 2HS in the corner in blockstrings and cancel on the first few frames of 2HS.  If it is yellow he would go for an air throw or 6HS because they obvioulsy were in the air, if it was red he would go for another mix up.

It just looks and feels really good. 

I never noticed how he confirms between YRC and RRC til you pointed it out to me. I totally see it now. I really only saw how YRC vs. airborne opponents would lead to them being scooped 99% of the time. 

Hase posted an interesting 100% combo with DOT RC. Will have to confirm damage later.

Air to air - j.P j.P j.K j.D j.2K j.D 214K DOT RC KP 6D j.Px6-8 j.K JC j.S j.K j.D 214K. Works on Pot, Faust, Zato, Ram.

For Bedman/Sin do 6D j.P j.P j.S j.K j.P j.P j.K JC j.S j.K j.P j.D 214K. Use to finish opponents off.

this shit is supa hard good luck landing it hhhh

Don't forget to wait until time slowdown disappears after an RC whenever possible. An example would be: midscreen CH 6p - kPB - RC - dash to the corner and make the next kPB hit just after the time flow goes back to normal - kPB - 5h 2h cS - jp jk jd. On another note, if you're having fS come out instead of cS after meaty IL on oki, try delaying whiffed UP so the momentum from pDS makes you closer to the opponent.

I never noticed how he confirms between YRC and RRC til you pointed it out to me. I totally see it now. I really only saw how YRC vs. airborne opponents would lead to them being scooped 99% of the time. 

On that note I made a simple demonstration of what I saw Hase doing in the corner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCKzaON388

The 2HS buffs really improved the corner game.

Then I got bored so I made a small video with 15 Touch of Death combos on Chipp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJA70hFcZas

you can do 44 8+S+H
and get bdc bs
without jumping
anytime throuh 44 it seems
same with forward dashes

Kinda random, but I was watching both videos of Hase's SL matches on goldenrody, the newest upload of his matches. I know he loves to BDC his dandysteps for even more invul into Under Pressure, almost like a neutral poke...

But I noticed something kind of odd, the spacing he was getting on UP after BDC dandystep kept changing. So I slowed down the video to .25 the speed on youtube, it looks like he switches between BDC and FDC dandystep for different poke ranges, does anyone else do this in their neutral game? It seems like when he just wants to throw out UP as a poke he BDCs his DS, but when he wants to engage and follow up with IL it seems like he FDCs his dandysteps.

Just curious if anyone uses this kind of approach? I started to use this today and it's a nice way to get in quick if you see an opening.

On that note I made a simple demonstration of what I saw Hase doing in the corner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCKzaON388

I don't see the mixup here. IAD j.H is blockable on reaction, particularly since the j.H needs to hit late for that string to work. Seems like they can just downback the stomp then stand up if they see you jump. 5H IAD is good for pressure, but at that point I don't know why you wouldn't do IAD j.SK or IAD j.D cape, since both of those are substantially faster than j.H so the gap will be smaller.