Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[Xrd] May Gameplay Discussion

S-HD moving faster might be a bigger buff than it sounds if it means max range 5K > f.S > S-HD combos now. Better reward for May footsie and really good conversion with meter (S-HD RRC dash 5D).
Looking forward to Loctest 2 changes.

S-HD moving faster might be a bigger buff than it sounds if it means max range 5K > f.S > S-HD combos now. Better reward for May footsie and really good conversion with meter (S-HD RRC dash 5D).

Looking forward to Loctest 2 changes.

Wouldn't be as much of a buff as the old range :(

What I really want is a reliable way to knock down at mid-range or the old s-hd range back. Even if it were just the old 5s 3k gatling that'd be better than nothing. 

http://ggxrd.com/locate2.pdf

Stuff from previous test that wasn't listed before is here, like the 5K > 2K gatling Kedako mentioned and the 6K damage increase from 26 -> 35

Some new stuff I Google translated:

• EVEN MORE STAGGER TIME on 5H counterhit
  • PRC on OHK whiff (universal, no more command grab YRCs)

The last thing in red is about Hop on Dolphin but it's also labeled with S.

It's saying that the amount it blows the opponent back on hit has been adjusted to be the same as other button versions.

It feels like applause k doesn't push back as far as applause p, I cba to check but if they say they're normalising it then it can't all be the same. There's only pixels in it though. 

In the JP BBS thread, some are asking about it. The only response was a a guy thinking it was a bug that the blowback was larger than the other versions. Maybe it only happened occasionally, I'm not sure. I'll ask and see what they say.

Edit: Or not. It seems they block foreign IPs from posting. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and see if anyone volunteers some new information on the subject.

http://ggxrd.com/locate2.pdf

Stuff from previous test that wasn't listed before is here, like the 5K > 2K gatling Kedako mentioned and the 6K damage increase from 26 -> 35

Some new stuff I Google translated:

• EVEN MORE STAGGER TIME on 5H counterhit
  • PRC on OHK whiff (universal, no more command grab YRCs)

The last thing in red is about Hop on Dolphin but it's also labeled with S.

Apparently no nerfs :yaaay:

...Too bad this is still just a Loketest

Apparently no nerfs :yaaay:

...Too bad this is still just a Loketest

I'm gonna pretend AC -> +R transition doesn't exist and I'm gonna bite. Why on earth would they nerf anything she has [even though I think the OHK input change is one]?

I'm gonna pretend AC -> +R transition doesn't exist and I'm gonna bite

...Huh? Bite what?, can't i be happy because she has no known nerfs on this test or what?

Why on earth would they nerf anything she has [even though I think the OHK input change is one]?

Because they can, just like they did with Pot.

...Huh? Bite what?, can't i be happy because she has no known nerfs on this test or what?

Because they can, just like they did with Pot.

Sure you can, but you wrote it like you expected an already very strong character to get worse.

Stand K Don't understand the value of this change

Close Stand S help ground to air conversion & anti-jump conversions

Stand HS Frame trap w/ delay 2D or delay HS-HS Confirm CH into damage rather than frame advatage

Crouch HS Make the 2HS, HS-VD combos more universal

Sweep Damaging low blitz option

Jump HS Allow follow-up & footsies w/ J.HS

6+K w/ overall dmg being in the back of the life bar, this means we can go for the overhead kill more

Mr. Dolphin – Horizontal (S) Combos off a far slash at further ranges

Mr. Dolphin – Horizontal (HS) more hitsun & beats more pokes

Overhead Kiss No more OS OHK

Applause for the Victim Can execute & dolphin ride while directly on top of the opponent

Don’t Miss It! less accidental dolphins. (This was never a problem for me)

Ball Jump Ball Jump OKI is now a thing

Air Hurtbox Certain air BnB are more consistent against us. Dunno which ones tho. Venom?

stuff

A bit of an odd one. For me the other way (2k 5k) would seem to be more useful. I guess the way it is it opens up 5k 2/6k 'mixups' that people can just fuzzy guard. 

ohk

I really don't prefer the new input.

pulse

I have a feeling that rc combos ending in ensenga? still won't be worth much in terms of tension now that the rc pulse recovery nerf is in [4s -> 6s for those that don't know]. Which means I will end every combo in 6h. 

ball jump

guess it can't hurt to actually have a use for this now

we already had 5K, 2D. so it's not like 5K was a broadcasting 6K (overhead) only. 

we already had 5K, 2D. so it's not like 5K was a broadcasting 6K (overhead) only.

5k 2k should push back less. Maybe also an option to cancel 5k into at max range (e.g. It's quicker so better against hammer fall). I can't think of much else it could be used for.

For killing disjointed stuff, like Zato or Bedman's deja vu's? Unless you could jump cancel 5K "on block" anyways... too many questions

5K on block chain to a whiffed 2K, 66 for a frame trap?

For killing disjointed stuff, like Zato or Bedman's deja vu's? Unless you could jump cancel 5K "on block" anyways... too many questions

These things. I play against Zato and Healthman a good bit so can see some kind of use there. Back in AC you would always see Efute doing f5s whiff 5h. This would work in a similar way.