Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[Xrd] May Gameplay Discussion

May buffs are godlike

I'm quite liking a lot of the extra bits [especially 5k 2k, which I only expected to use against Potemkin, and I'm using a lot more ball oki]. I'm not at the point of saying 'godlike' [especially because I'm not used to new hoop behaviour], what in particular are has made them godlike for you?

Really loving the buffs, but I hate the new hoop mechanics.  Having to mash the button to get the dolphin to come out quickly sucks.  What new combos are even enabled by it?

Also, the throw > rc > k hoop > max 6H > hs-hori > mount combo doesn't seem to work anymore...  That was my go-to throw combo :(

Really loving the buffs, but I hate the new hoop mechanics. Having to mash the button to get the dolphin to come out quickly sucks. What new combos are even enabled by it?

Also, the throw > rc > k hoop > max 6H > hs-hori > mount combo doesn't seem to work anymore... That was my go-to throw combo :(

New combo:

5s 6p 41236s RC iad.h, 6[h] [4]6h ]s[, dc.h, j.shd ensenga

Massive carry, 224 damage. It also enables stronger oki because you don't lose access to a button.

For the throw rc, just do (worked in 1.04 too):

k hoop > 6HS > S-VD (release hoop as soon as you push S) > air dash S~HS, etc

And for oki mid screen:

... > 2d > k hoop > dash ball yrc > ball jump (front) > jHS > land > 6HS > HS-HD (release hoop) > air dash S~HS > land > jD djD > ensenga.

260+ vs sol.

crossup ball doesnt allow you to do the full combo. But regular one is still 220 xD

My favorite change is the sweep range. It seems to make everything more reliable and it means you can get more damage meterless.

For example, dash momentum 2K > 5S > 5H > 2D works against everyone (?), and if you have an S dolphin set you can hold the 5S and end in H horizontal dolphin > ]S[ > aircombo. That one does 170+ off a 2K starter IIRC.

And for wakeup throw there's 5K > 2S/2K > 2D > etc.

Also, I'm a scrub so I like to use her 63214S super instead of RCs. It used to drop after a few hits if you tried it from sweep, but now a max range 2D > 63214S carries the full duration, and if you end in corner (which you usually do) you can end in 2H > vertical dolphin for hard knockdown.

Really really really Digging the 1.1 it literally makes May like 200% more playable on gamepad.

The fact that you no longer need to hold P(square) when doing the OKI makes a huge difference making it a lot easier (and less painful) to use K(cross) for the initial low.  Success rate for OHK went from something like 15% to 95% for me allowing me to use it in places where I formerly wouldn't even dare to try. 

And the fact that you can still use the negative edge if you want allows you to still use them for defense without having to open your blocking.

Does new blitz change affected on her oki ??

You are not rejected on ball yrc oki.

And for "old" oki, you usually release the hoop after using a normal. So new blitz has 0 impact on her.

Even on characters you might want to release it early on and follow in [sol, ky] the rejected range is absolutely minuscule so as long as you aren't standing their toes or are in the air you will have no problem.

In fact they should be less likely to use it because of how easy it will be for you to score a ch 2d into absolutely anything you please.

OMG.

The new buff they gave her (aka mount on dolphin closer to the ground) allow us to do some SICK mixup with instant overhead (S or HS) or low. As fast as her 6K overhead. Meaning some 270+ dmg corner oki. Even midscreen its usable.

To do it, use K hoop, then backdash or 6K instant release hoop. (its easier with 6K. Dont hold K when doing hoop, and just do 6K without holding).

The key is to push S or HS as SOON as may hits the opponent. You can mix with j2HS to go to the ground immediatly (i havent do it as fast as i could in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWw8q_IGXU

OMG.

The new buff they gave her (aka mount on dolphin closer to the ground) allow us to do some SICK mixup with instant overhead (S or HS) or low. As fast as her 6K overhead. Meaning some 270+ dmg corner oki. Even midscreen its usable.

To do it, use K hoop, then backdash or 6K instant release hoop. (its easier with 6K. Dont hold K when doing hoop, and just do 6K without holding).

The key is to push S or HS as SOON as may hits the opponent. You can mix with j2HS to go to the ground immediatly (i havent do it as fast as i could in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWw8q_IGXU

Private video mate. Sounds like a cool mixup and would love to see it since I can't play atm.

oups, its pubic now :D

the 2D one is done really late. We can do it even more fast (same speed as jHS).

it can be done with P hoop too.

P hoop => 5K => 2K => 6K => release. Is great xD

This looks interesting. With ball oki and this added to our options, we now have a plethora of ways to open them up on wake-up. Nice find.

This has been possible since 1.0. It just wasn't anywhere near as strong. 

Looking forward to actually having time for those mirrors and getting hit by it :)

Then it should in the frame data or specials should be included in the gatlings. Otherwise, how else can people know about that but just by trying it?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Then it should in the frame data or specials should be included in the gatlings. Otherwise, how else can people know about that but just by trying it?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

There was a post several pages back where somebody asked if anyone used it!

It is much better now in 1.10 and vryu actually made a video showcasing the strength. The info was still available.

Anyway, let's not get off topic. Vryu made a video of something next to nobody used (a few replies said 'yes') and the credit should still go to him.

Hey Ooo~

Finally got around to sparing w/ an Updated XRD.

The few big differences I come across are:

- Larger buffer window causing micro-dash S or HS turn into running dolphins. Example, in combo-RC to block a burst, run in to close the gap from burst bait, ideal combo is S into air combo...Gets running dolphin
- New input for Applause the victim is unquie and much more intuitive for Oki/Zoning. But How does one consistantly let the dolphin come out as early as possible? Burst safe combo is max height S, 2HS, 41236K, LINK J.P, J.D, J.S, J.HS, Ensenga?
- CH 5HS is back!
- New OHK input is easy-peezy. But the challenge to the previous itertaion was the "buffer window" not the input itself.
- Hit box of 2HS is dramatically increased. Standard BnB of S, 2HS loops are significantly easier & more universal.
- HS-HD, IAD LINKS are much easier. too.

Overall, we got some get user friendly buffs. Now we have to learn the new buffer windows & new Applause timing.

Cheers,
KyleW

Hey Ooo~

Finally got around to sparing w/ an Updated XRD.

The few big differences I come across are:

- Larger buffer window causing micro-dash S or HS turn into running dolphins. Example, in combo-RC to block a burst, run in to close the gap from burst bait, ideal combo is S into air combo...Gets running dolphin

- New input for Applause the victim is unquie and much more intuitive for Oki/Zoning. But How does one consistantly let the dolphin come out as early as possible? Burst safe combo is max height S, 2HS, 41236K, LINK J.P, J.D, J.S, J.HS, Ensenga?

- CH 5HS is back!

- New OHK input is easy-peezy. But the challenge to the previous itertaion was the "buffer window" not the input itself.

- Hit box of 2HS is dramatically increased. Standard BnB of S, 2HS loops are significantly easier & more universal.

- HS-HD, IAD LINKS are much easier. too.

Overall, we got some get user friendly buffs. Now we have to learn the new buffer windows & new Applause timing.

Cheers,

KyleW

I do not like the new input at all really. I had very good control with fighting while holding down a button but now several situation happen that's annoying.

1 like you said Kyle how do you release the dolphins as early as possible easy before now you are left really mashing the button I guess. Or just trying to hold then release on the 1st frame you thing it will.

2 I always ended up with this phenomenon I call a ghost dolphins. Ghost dolphin (when you summon the dolphin go to release it and it doesn't and you have know idea which button it is.

It just gonna take me awhile to get used to the new inputs tho I guess in the long run its for the better.

Black

I usually just hold the button down for a short time. Outside of combos/oki I rarely use anything but held dolphins.

I know you can also do the immediate dolphin by tapping the button a second time before the recovery is over but it feels more intuitive to hold it.

I think the new inputs will be good in the long run. I am still using a mix of the two. For certain pre-patch combos, I still hold the button and for some new stuff, I press it. The same when I want it to come out really early..a little of both. Angry, I've had the same issue where a dolphin doesn't come out and I keep going and then go to use it later and can't remember what dolphin it was. haha.

<3 Ghost Dolphins or dropped combos b/c the dolphin never released on 1st frame. hahahaha

So, apparently, if you are facing the corner, and are close enough (past the halfway mark of the screen, about), Mister Otter always appears as far into the corner as he can be.  I'm not sure if it can be used for anything, but it will mess up Otter YRC oki if you knockdown in the wrong place.

For the c.S 2H HVD loops, is there a height or positioning specific requirement to get the side switch?

eg. OHK, dash c.S, 2H xx HSVD, c.S, j.D, dj, j.S, j.H, j.D, Ensenga