Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[Xrd] May Gameplay Discussion

Some Xrd Revelator stuff that I noticed Hiago translated from Kedako's tweets

• OHK MIGHT not have a hurtbox anymore from grabbing until you land.
  • Whale super w/ burst = damage up and 1f invul
  • New Blitz follow-up has enough stagger time to combo. Could follow up with May 6P full charge (Somewhat relevant to May so I listed it anyway) 

Hey all,

Since I've been too busy with the 9-5 grind to spend much time in the lab (or even, uh...play the game *cough*), if somebody wants to update the May wiki strategy section with useful info on 1.1 ball oki (read: the crossup/no crossup meaty ball drop posted above), you're welcome to do so.

I wrote the current section with 1.0 in mind, where ball oki took a backseat to dolphin oki, but these days, ball oki's the shit. The guy who placed second at a recent local (Mystic) played May and put that setup to work, it's really something. (Not just against characters with few reversals like May herself, but even some characters with pretty GOOD reversals like Ky!) I'd sit down with it myself and try to understand it/write an explanation for it, but I dunno where I'll find the time before CEO weekend itself. So if one of y'all finds a couple minutes to do so, be my guest.

Sup, Guys  i have a  huge  problem  whit Leo Macth up if anyone have a advice  i really appreciate.

Thx  

Sup, Guys  i have a  huge  problem  whit Leo Macth up if anyone have a advice  i really appreciate.

Thx  

Sure, why don't you run over to the Leo MU thread (so we can stay organized) and kinda let us know what you're having trouble with (how you're approaching the MU and what keeps happening that seems to be getting to you.) We can look at it and perhaps some of us will have an idea of what you can do differently that might yield better results.

Sure, why don't you run over to the Leo MU thread (so we can stay organized) and kinda let us know what you're having trouble with (how you're approaching the MU and what keeps happening that seems to be getting to you.) We can look at it and perhaps some of us will have an idea of what you can do differently that might yield better results.

Ok. 

i have  a couple  of  videos of my gameplay   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pcYvmRisXI&index=1&list=PLhdaFsz2lo07Vq9JPma6E930g8zYiQQ8u 

i really want to improve my game :D

Just a quick heads up guys. Tomorrow, Biscuits will be holding another Round Robin FT3 lobby with JP players and this time, our May Champion Kedako will be participating! If you're interested in catching some really great May footage, be sure to tune in to Biscuits' stream tomorrow at 9AM EST! 

The most thing i might have a tough time with it is when i hit opp by a counter hit then do air combo..like ball or jS CH IAD jK etc.. does it need a great reflex or something else ??

When you're fighting, are you looking at your opponent or at your character more?

I can react to most counter-hits fine because I usually threw the move out with the intention to counter hit in the first place.

Did you look to see if 6s+h gets counterhit if he does a late air dash or an air button on the way down?

Ok so it seem delayed air dash does cause you to end up with a counter hit tho sometimes I did get a block. If he does jump h it causes the h to whiff and you get a throw. If he does jump s you get counter hit.

Black

https://vimeo.com/131358523

So I don't know about you guys but I have notice that I have wall stick people with May hoop set but they not actually be in the corner. I just figured out how to do it. Basically you need to be in the opposite corner before your opponent hit the other side of the screen. I just rc it to show some kind of practical use lol. Kinda cool

Black

Great findings, A-Black!!!1

Regarding the IAD cross-block-stuff. The anomily in your example is the issueof Bedman being the widest character in the game. You'll get different results against Millia, for example  

^_^

Great findings, A-Black!!!1

Regarding the IAD cross-block-stuff. The anomily in your example is the issueof Bedman being the widest character in the game. You'll get different results against Millia, for example  

^_^

I've not faced an opponent who plays a character it doesn't work on... Millia is narrower so its even better because its easier to get the whole of your model past her central axis

BTW great find Angryblack that wall slam is super useful. I have not seen any japanese use this and its completely new. The way it works is depending on when you ride the dolphin. If you want upclose slow down pressure hold 9 as you jump forward and release the dolphin and on hit or block press any button. I show a couple of examples.

I found something that may change how she applies pressure. :D 

ENJOY new air trajectory abuse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxIqXV7qfzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGTd73N4tkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmk_6VSB1q8

I think quite a few of us will be there this year. I look forward to offline matches with you all.