Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[Xrd] May Gameplay Discussion

One can only hope that the HS-HD attack level increase means more wall stick time in corner, which means meterless IAD combos will work at further range (rather than the strict point-blank requirement it has now). That would be a huge buff to her damage, which May definitely needs.

One can only hope that the HS-HD attack level increase means more wall stick time in corner, which means meterless IAD combos will work at further range (rather than the strict point-blank requirement it has now). That would be a huge buff to her damage, which May definitely needs.

Technically speaking, it should do exactly that. Would wallstick time be the same as "Untechable Time (Air hit)"? If so then we get +2 frames to combo.

would it make the IAD j.P link less of a headache? that challenge took me about 3 weeks to clear ONCE ):

Kedako seems to be confirming my hopes about HS-HD in corner in this tweet https://twitter.com/kedako_faital/status/563176384969719808 , according to Google Translate. Something about 2D > HS-HD working more consistently from further distances as well.

His twitter listed lots of hidden May changes as well. So far I have made out, from Google

K > 2K gattling
HS and 2HS longer cancellation window.

jHS air CH floats lower and more untech time.
S-HD moves faster
OHK whiff recovery 42f -> 45f

Hit stop added to ball jump (easier to confirm maybe?)
Applause for the victim works like little Eddie.

losing dolphin on block is a huge Nerf. Think this concept is under appreciated in the current version. Dolphin & Ball both approach/damage while May is blocking!, 

losing OHK command = no more splitting a run w/ OHK

ride dolphin sooner = applause up close where the active frame was before the airborn frame & we HAVE to space out the OKI to get extended combos. I assume they corrected this.

HS-HD move LVL increased means it loses less confrontations as a counter poke.

More recovery OHK is whatever, we have YRC anyways.  

Wait, where was it confirmed that dolphins are despawned if May blocks? i watched Twitter last night (mostly Ho-chan's feed) but I don't remember hearing much about May besides what Ice Cube posted from kedako's Twitter.

The comment was, Iruka-san now acts like little eddie. 

I really hope it's only the negative edge bit that has been mentioned.  I would consider losing dolphin when blocking to be a rather undue nerf.

I really hope it's only the negative edge bit that has been mentioned.  I would consider losing dolphin when blocking to be a rather undue nerf.

I agree with you on that. I don't think he meant that we lose it on block. I am gonna ask him because google translate can be terrible.

You get an RRC if they're in hitstun. If that's the case, you're probably landing the 5K > f.S and then RCing too soon when you're doing the dolphin. Try delaying the RC a bit so they get out of hitstun. If they block the first two hits, then you shouldn't get an RRC at all, but if you wait too long, you'll get a PRC. Try to hit the RC right after May leaves the ground and starts her main dash. This will ensure that you get the trajectory you want when you YRC.

The comment was, Iruka-san now acts like little eddie. 

I thought that was in reference to the new negative edge mechanic, though. It's kind of a vague statement (at least in the translation we were given) to extrapolate much more than that IMO. But I guess if they wanna do something like that it'll blow up reasonably fast & we'll know about it soon-ish.

You get an RRC if they're in hitstun. If that's the case, you're probably landing the 5K > f.S and then RCing too soon when you're doing the dolphin. Try delaying the RC a bit so they get out of hitstun. If they block the first two hits, then you shouldn't get an RRC at all, but if you wait too long, you'll get a PRC. Try to hit the RC right after May leaves the ground and starts her main dash. This will ensure that you get the trajectory you want when you YRC.

Oh man I totally forgot about that, I guess they were in hitstun now that I think about it! I'll try it in training this evening!

Thx BloodWolf!

I thought that was in reference to the new negative edge mechanic, though. It's kind of a vague statement (at least in the translation we were given) to extrapolate much more than that IMO. But I guess if they wanna do something like that it'll blow up reasonably fast & we'll know about it soon-ish.

操作性がエディ分身と同じように。 After scanning through his twitter, this is probably the original tweet everyone is referring to. The 操作性 is usually translated into operation or management, but I think it would be a bigger deal if it were the "act like Eddie" that we're taking it (where it goes away on block). I think it's just talking about how the dolphin is controlled.

There is something bothering me with the new dolphin changes :

Applause for the Victim (41236P/K/S/HS) - changed the input priority of each button; if you release the button right after the initial input, the ring stays in place and activates when you release the corresponding button again

There might be a problem now when RCing the dolphin theoretically!

For exemple if I input the K version and released K right after (it will not jump if I understand correctly), then I RC with (PKS).

So since I pressed and released K again (RC input) will it activate the daulphin -even if I don't want to-?

There is something bothering me with the new dolphin changes :

There might be a problem now when RCing the dolphin theoretically!

For exemple if I input the K version and released K right after (it will not jump if I understand correctly), then I RC with (PKS).

So since I pressed and released K again (RC input) will it activate the daulphin -even if I don't want to-?

I guess yes, so you have to use PSH to RRC. I hope most of these changes will stay, as it was only the first locktest, so we don't know if it will be definitive or not.

using PSH to RC doesn't seem like it'll be as much of problem since you don't have to hold K anymore, at least.

Yes. It apparently hits.

\o/

It's no problem for me.

Currently I would do 41236k, let go, p[k]s. It would be ok here because I have not let go of k again yet and it stays charged until I do. I just gain the option to do something else and get back use of k.

It's on the second RELEASE, how do you do it now if not my way? Because for me it's already working that way. Now I get even more options.

I think the change is really a cool addition because you can do some random pressure more easily with Hoop oki now. Like 5K > 5HS > SHD > Dolphin Hop > Air dash > Air to ground etc... 

Before you couldn't do SHD because having to hold P or K and hitting another button while charging back would just activate FD. So I would love to try stuff with the new input!

No you can do that now!

If you'r holding K daulphin, you'll have to hit 5S then cancel it with 2HS and finally SHD, the FD wont come out!

But yeah this buff will give you more freedom!

NonoV2 - you can't cancel buttons into FD so all you need is to do the first button in neutral and then you can move to back before you gatling into all the rest.

The exact combo you mention uses the same charging method as the old 5s 5h [2]8s loops in AC. You can literally press to gatling into 5h before starting to charge but that'd just make your life harder. 

I hope that makes sense. The point is your combo does work already whilst holding buttons.