Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[Xrd] May Video Thread (Updated 04/15/2014)

Yeah, LostSoul usually gets me too unless I get on him in the beginning and keep him from resetting it back to "neutral". Blacksnake is always a fun fight too. It'll be interesting to see how you fight both of them as I play Blacksnake some too. I always like to see varied playstyles from different people in the same situation. I look forward to it.

Is it okay to ask for critiques in this thread or should there be a separate thread for those?  Here's a couple of sloppy replays from tonight.  One of the things I noticed is that I throw out 2HS too much and never confirm into HSVD.  Also need to work on RCs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSiJP_Gh1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N6q4TTar3U

Is it okay to ask for critiques in this thread or should there be a separate thread for those?  Here's a couple of sloppy replays from tonight.  One of the things I noticed is that I throw out 2HS too much and never confirm into HSVD.  Also need to work on RCs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSiJP_Gh1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N6q4TTar3U

Yeah, 2H definitely isn't something to throw around willy-nilly. It's intended use is as a slow powerful anti-air and occasional combo filler. If you do make contact with it, always chain into 2D so you don't have to sit through the recovery, or cancel into a VD if you used it as an anti-air.

You're relying on supers a lot, especially Great Yamada. There was like one instance where you used it correctly (Potemkin did ICPM full-screen and you let it loose to win the round), but other than that, you were throwing your meter away for supers that didn't even hit. Supers in GG are generally situational with a few exceptions, and you're usually better off spending your meter on other things.

For your general gameplay, my best advice to you is go to May's challenges and try and do and as many of them as you can. It'll walk you through her moves and then practical combos and setups to get you acclimated with the character, including RC combos. Then go in training mode and practice the things that give you trouble.

^ shame you didn't get more matches on stream, there's a pretty noticeable lack of May at TSB when Mahouko and Tinshi aren't around (Tinshi was there, but he got here after signups ended I think).

( also those casuals where you played Venom and Ky against me felt pretty bad D: )

5/16/2015 Mikado 3on3:

Azesuke vs Hotaru (KY)

Azesuke vs Manyou (LE)

Azesuke vs Konsome (PO)

Azesuke vs FAB (PO)

Azesuke vs Ain (KY)

Azesuke vs Mugen (SO)

http://youtu.be/mFOMdk5pCFE

http://youtu.be/h8v-a-DiR5c

http://youtu.be/pmHn9-ZlvII

http://youtu.be/cvIe3KE1Tks

Xanadu tournament in Baltimore. I can't seem to figure out Steve h ky at all. Lost 3-0 winners finals and 3-0 grand finals. Fighting that man is like fighting a wall. Anyone with some suggestions please post lol.

Black

Those were great matches. Is this why you didn't make CB? I saw you in my pool and was looking forward to some mirrors.

Those were great matches. Is this why you didn't make CB? I saw you in my pool and was looking forward to some mirrors.

I couldn't make it out there cuz I'm trying save money for Evo plane ticket. Also since there was this tournament to go to I didn't feel so bad at least I still got to play that weekend.

Black

Yeah. Those matches have a lot of interesting tech in them. I'll be taking that, if you don't mind. haha. I hope you manage to get your EVO plans straightened out. I'd like some mirrors there, then. Also, I was transferred to your pool in CB. I think your absence is the only reason I made it out. I saw you and Elven and figured I'd be knocked out...but ended up clawing my way out of loser's finals instead.

Watched the Steve H matches in full. Just a couple of things.

Too many times you got some hits in and instead of taking the knockdown tried to reset and go for grabs, and I think literally every time I think you got hit out and lost all momentum. I think this definitely isn't the best idea against Ky, take the knockdown and either safe jump and mix up from there or go straight into some next world thing that's going to hit them all day.

You literally cannot summon from strings unless you score that knockdown. If Steve knew stun dipper would hit you out of everything when you didn't have meter I'm certain he would've. This means that if you use f5s you absolutely must jump cancel it in some direction or use meter to make it safe (summon eats stun dipper, no cancel eats stun dipper - and the latter is completely reactable).

For my money you moved around well enough but too much of it was away from him. In this match you need to get within punch range. Either by being really dry and making him move forward and then using your extra mobility to get past his wall of buttons or just getting straight at him and just out-positioning him. Being in the air a lot is probably not the best idea, he just has all the buttons to get your approach from any angle. Playing a more grounded game and surprising them with air movement will fare you well, when he sees you're stuck to the floor and wants to stun edge to lock you down. If you are in the air and above him somewhere then try to make sure you won't be thrown when you prepare to block because air to ground and air to air you aren't beating him.

I repeat. Ky is such a pain in the bum.

Watched the Steve H matches in full. Just a couple of things.

Too many times you got some hits in and instead of taking the knockdown tried to reset and go for grabs, and I think literally every time I think you got hit out and lost all momentum. I think this definitely isn't the best idea against Ky, take the knockdown and either safe jump and mix up from there or go straight into some next world thing that's going to hit them all day.

You literally cannot summon from strings unless you score that knockdown. If Steve knew stun dipper would hit you out of everything when you didn't have meter I'm certain he would've. This means that if you use f5s you absolutely must jump cancel it in some direction or use meter to make it safe (summon eats stun dipper, no cancel eats stun dipper - and the latter is completely reactable).

For my money you moved around well enough but too much of it was away from him. In this match you need to get within punch range. Either by being really dry and making him move forward and then using your extra mobility to get past his wall of buttons or just getting straight at him and just out-positioning him. Being in the air a lot is probably not the best idea, he just has all the buttons to get your approach from any angle. Playing a more grounded game and surprising them with air movement will fare you well, when he sees you're stuck to the floor and wants to stun edge to lock you down. If you are in the air and above him somewhere then try to make sure you won't be thrown when you prepare to block because air to ground and air to air you aren't beating him.

I repeat. Ky is such a pain in the bum.

Yeah the reason why I kept going for reset is because he has good defense on my mixups most of the time or he will just reversal me and he is really hard to bait his reversal (via backdash) he's really good at reading what I'm about to do sometimes. It sucks to work hard for a knockdown just to eat a reversal on his wake up so most of the time I will let him get up to avoid that. Honestly there only one thing I'm going to try more often next time I play him is to frame trap him more since his responds was to always mash on 5p everytime it looks like I'm going for the grab. In grand finals in the only round I took I did it one time because I realized he's afraid of the command grab. That's really the only mistake he's making he should be trying to jump out of the command grab not mash because that opens you up to frame trap via 5h or 6p..

Black

I thought that but then I don't speak enough Japanese to know whether the letters in front of it actually make it different [obviously still containing those syllables]