Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Video Thread

nothing new about that combo, worked in 1.0 as well. not a very good combo despite the damage since chappu forfeits the good corner oki for a neglectable damage increase.

The combo started at close to half guard gauge, it's not as damaging as it looks.

Chappu's entire thing is doing flashy high-execution combos that are objectively inferior to bnbs in all aspects except maybe 10~20 damage.

What makes me happier is that he actually got the ressho off the sweep from that distance on Ky. Looks like his hurtbox is finally fixed. Hope they did it for Venom too.

What makes me happier is that he actually got the ressho off the sweep from that distance on Ky. Looks like his hurtbox is finally fixed. Hope they did it for Venom too.

Holy crap I didn't even notice this.  Soooo happy!

Also noticed from this vid on Ky you can do 2D 236S Dash 5P 5HS IAD j.k(2hits) j.d for a solid KD starting from a good distance away (where 5P JI 2HS would wiff)

https://youtu.be/ChLNWQhnsZg?t=6241

susumu vs slayer

susumu vs el

susumu vs ram.

susumu is doing a new combo vs slayer:

leaf throw > wall cling > wall dive > dash S(jump install) 2HS, 22S, j.K,S, dj.D, alpha, wall alpha, \/, 6HS, TK alpha for knockdown (at least the slayer doesn't recover).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylhMHATY1U

my last exhibition set against FAB, before i asked for advice (see pot matchup thread).

goes without saying that i had no chance, but i find it interesting to see what worked, and what didn't.

Jump over, late airdash back j.D recrossup okizeme never worked against him, he would always option select 6P it, except this one time in the video.

https://youtu.be/GyTF2Ys-lqw?t=2436

https://youtu.be/GyTF2Ys-lqw?t=6402

susumu @ acho

in his match against axl, he forfeits damage in his corner combos and simply ends them with regular alpha, in order to end up with his back to the wall. this basically gives better oki, since you can back jump > wall cling, which is faster than teleport wall cling, gives more control about the wall cling height and you can do recrossup stuff with downdash > airdash back j.HS if you cling high enough.

edit: lol

Awesome to see Samitto playing again.  5HS IAD j.d Shuri Super I can see for a round ender, but a slow shuri actually gives you a good setup as well with the momentum - and nets you a free block string into 6HS IAD Fast Shuri setup.

I know this is pre 1.1 footage, but I'd love to find some more footage (esp post 1.1) of Shishiyo's Chipp.  Other than the random supers - I liked his neutral in this matchup that I struggle with (found this over on the Millia video forums). 

[04/19/2014] G-Com Wajiro Singles Freeplay: Shishiyo (Chipp) vs Shuu (Millia)

Must see matches from Samitto. Seems like not only did he shake off the rust, he also added a nice chrome finish to go along with it - he just won God's Garden 10.

Haneya(EL), Gonzaburou(FA) vs Samitto(CH) God's Garden pools

Samitto(CH) vs Fumo(EL)

Efute(MA), Ain(KY) vs Samitto(CH), Top 8

Samitto(CH) vs Ogawa(ZA), Ain(KY), Finals

Samitto have a twitter?  I see him trying to improve his corner rekka 2x RC dmg with 5D reset -> Invis 5S 6P IAA Wall Cling - which is really hard to hit consistently.  Instead you could just leaf grab & wall cling.  I was telling MTP about a varient of this setup I figured out awhile back and he made this video to highlight it.  Someone get this to Samitto xD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJlLMM7D9Xw

5D into meisai fS 2S xx 22K, cS 6P cS(JI) 2D wall cling also works and is really easy. It's what I use.

Point is to mix them up during the wall slide recovery animation - as most people aren't expecting it, not just create (while good) Oki setup they could potentially react and try to fuzzy jump / blitz against etc.  For your above setup if you just did 5D microdash invis cS(JI) 6P 228HS & then grab the wall you could do a similar setup but chances are they wouldn't be expecting a mixup at that point.

I'm really digging the low air alpha blade wall cling oki Samitto has been working on.  Its much better than what I would try to do (IAD and wall cling late, leaf grab).  Also his use of TK Shuri Super is pretty neat - you can IAD j.hs after it too.  In corner TK Shuri Super into leaf grab is very hard to see coming.

I was talking about Samitto's version, which also ends in a knockdown since alpha blade ends wall dust state at any point. You're right that the leaf grab version is harder to react to, but it's also distance dependant--it's pretty easy to not dash far enough into the invisibility (especially when you have the sort of distance where you just barely get the wall dust), which means the leaf grab won't reach the wall and you'll end up in recovery as the opponent comes out of hitstun.

What I don't like about tk ryuuyanagi is that it's possible to do it too low to the ground and you hit the air dash height limit meaning you just land and look silly. I dunno about you but I find it a lot harder to do a not-quite-tk on purpose than a true tk.

I've never had trouble with it - but I suppose you could mistime it.  I believe as long as you hit them two times they will fall all the way down to the ground for the reset, so I still think it's worth the risk.  I also agree TK air alpha is fickle, but its not impossible to get the timing down.

What I'd like to get better at is perfect timing 2D to hit meaty on each characters wakeup in different situations (esp after a corner 623HS j.d 236P (land) wall cling fast fall), not an easy task, but it'll help you beat fuzzy jumpers and make people think twice about blitzing your mixups.

I don't get it. Isn't fuzzy jump blocking low the possible meaty while you can't be thrown, then FD jumping out? 

Then how does 2D meaty beat it? I suggest taking this into the discussion thread, to not dilute the video posts.