VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

My reaction to the Pure vs 623 pt. 1 @ 14:35: Massimo-DAlema.jpg?1317751303

I never thought IK's could be setup that way, I wonder if the other cast members could setup IK's like that as a means of shutting down the opponents ability to burst.

Tell me about it, I did a double take at that shit. I just watched it today.

He really loves killing people instantly.

Also he loves Fafnir

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Both signs of an old O-Sol main. I can identify.

I wonder if in DI you can do cross up j.K(JC) > cross up Kudakero, could be tricky...you could possibly fuzzy guard from the other side after it too. The possibilities!

you might even be able to RC a j.k crossup and kudakero afterwards. fafnir and kudakero yrc's are awesome closing and momentum changing options, looks like lots of fun

Nah, it's a DI-only move.

I think you might be confusing PRC (purple roman cancel) with P.B.B.(the DI air command grab)?

Can Sol PRC when he reverts back to normal form after DI?

It wouldn't be possible to PRC the DI recovery unfortunately, since once DI ends your tension drops to zero.

Oh right forgot about the tension thing. Are there any setups to end DI with a knockdown long enough for Sol to recover? DI Tyrant Rave looked like it'd be long enough but they usually did grand viper afterwards which made it hard to gauge.

Oh right forgot about the tension thing. Are there any setups to end DI with a knockdown long enough for Sol to recover? DI Tyrant Rave looked like it'd be long enough but they usually did grand viper afterwards which made it hard to gauge.

on the 2nd bonchan combo vid there's 1 that he ended with fafnir, and also 2D after fafnir (both after DI tyrant rave), seems pretty safe, but safest seems to be to just end it with DI TR

seems like PBB is a combo ender no matter what, i can see DI VV RC PBB working if you don't have another 50% to DI TR, so 2-3 loops of DI VV RC kudakero and then end it with DI VV RC PBB? damage is most probably shit though without DI TR

Man j.K got buffed up the sky. I love its horizontal hitbox in AC/+R, but always felt it was such a risk to throw out due to a poor vertical range and an inability to combo into much unless you were in optimal spacing. Buffing its crossup potential and giving it a jump cancel is going to guarantee it much more use, as we've already partially seen in BonChan's combo vids and match recordings.

Also, don't remember if this was mentioned, but DI Air HVV is now the same as the ground one: ten hits? I keep forgetting to post about this when I see it and then I lose the video link.

But I didn't forget the important one, Ch 6H > Bandit Bringer > Dustloop fucking smarts. Christ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQQOUboMiBc#t=41m30s

I wonder if 6Hch>DI>Fafnir would combo. DI seems quick enough and DI fafnir comes out a little quicker I think so it might be possible and probably one of the heaviest punishes in the game.

Sol is safe if Dragon Install expires during (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta, thanks to the wall stick. Of course, if you do it early on and Dragon Install doesn't expire, you have to look for alternatives. (DI) Fafnir looks like a pretty decent ender if you've not got much time left.

Regarding P.B.B.: On hit, it puts Sol at a safe distance from the opponent, and combined with its lengthy animation, seems to suggest that it was designed with ending a Dragon Install combo in mind. That said, considering that Sol has such outrageous Tension Gain during Dragon Install, it seems more efficient to end every combo with (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta. That said, we know that (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta, (DI) Gun Flame, (DI) Fafnir is possible. So who knows? Maybe you could land a TK P.B.B. after (DI) Gun Flame or something.

I think PBB is mainly good for miscreen stuff since not every single combo we get will be in the corner, if you're in the corner then kudakero loops into TR seems the way to go. Also, in one vid Kusoru did PBB>RC>PBB so that definitely will last long enough to expire DI's timer.

So, what are your opinions on Sol's new dive attack so far?

Kudakero looks legit. It's a combo extention in the corner similar to belial edge, it's +, it can crossup with that huge explsion in DI (and falls faster too) and it enhances Sol's rushdown significantly. Basically it's godsent. (also,DI kudakero loops will be the best thing ever)

so 5HS CH > BB on crouching ky will not connect as seen on mugen vs ain that i posted

almost max range 6P CH > BB > far 5S > 5H > IAD j.P etc

air BR seems horrible

cross up j.K is great, between this and j.S okizeme this could be really big? maybe you can even cross up after a blocked j.S okizeme?

can 2D CH > GF > fafnir work? or will the opponent tech before fafnir hits?

also i was thinking of using kudakero's explosion as okizeme, can kudakero be TKed?

Edited by Bloodcrave

so 5HS CH > BB on crouching ky will not connect as seen on mugen vs ain that i posted

almost max range 6P CH > BB > far 5S > 5H > IAD j.P etc

air BR seems horrible

cross up j.K is great, between this and j.S okizeme this could be really big? maybe you can even cross up after a blocked j.S okizeme?

can 2D CH > GF > fafnir work? or will the opponent tech before fafnir hits?

also i was thinking of using kudakero's explosion as okizeme, can kudakero be TKed?

I don't see why Kudakero wouldn't be able to be TKd as the input is j214K, though I don't know how that'd be superior to simply using GF. Maybe in DI since you get a full combo even mid-screen if they get hit by it but not normal mode Kudakero.

As for GF>Fafnir, you'd need an RC in there somewhere for that to work. Fafnir is pretty slow. I think the only realistic/semi-likely place Fafnir can be used in without meter beind spent is after a low to the ground jD.

Kudakero looks legit. It's a combo extention in the corner similar to belial edge, it's +, it can crossup with that huge explsion in DI (and falls faster too) and it enhances Sol's rushdown significantly. Basically it's godsent. (also,DI kudakero loops will be the best thing ever)

I think it has a lot of footsie potential also, it intrigues me how it will be used against Potemkin.