VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

uhhh what are you talking about.....the go to dp is SVV and most combos end with air SVV.......in combos its mainly because the delayed followup will blackbeat most of the time if you use HSVV 

My bad, i guess I should be more clear, with regards to wake up reversals or reversal options, everyone seems to be using hs.VV over s.VV in this version.

That's probably down to Volcanic Viper's hitbox nerf. As a result, it's fairly common to only land the first hit of S Volcanic Viper when performing it outside of combos now. The added horizontal movement in HS Volcanic Viper goes some way to preventing that.

Something a lot of people seem to have forgotten is that in #R, and now in Xrd, VV has significantly more hitstun, allowing the delay on the followup kick to connect more easily (to be fair I didn't know this until a few months ago). This also enables Sol to relaunch off of a low j.sVV after a dashing jump-in, or near the corner. It's an oddity that requires breaking the habit of going for the 214K after every VV, resulting in, well, more damage.

I've also noticed that sVV would only land one hit as well in #R, but it simply knocked down anyway. What I hadn't noticed was single hit SVVs in Xrd; does this mean the followup whiffs, which is why players don't do it? Or does it knock down anyway, like in #R, at which point the only reason is lack of damage?

Some recent Dragon Install-related revelations from the latest set of a-cho casuals immediately following PRE ARC REVOLUTION CUP:

Firstly, HELL FIRE (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta apparently didn't get the memo that Guts is a mechanic in this game. I'm inclined to think that there's probably more to the HELL FIRE mechanic than meets the eye. Secondly, it would appear that (DI) Tataki Otoshi seems to cause a significantly more horizontal ground bounce on hit. From the looks of it, if Dragon Install runs out upon landing, Sol is more or less safe so long as the opponent is far enough from the corner that they cover a good amount of distance as they bounce. The max distance created by the ground bounce gives Sol plenty of time to recover before the opponent can even get close.

Some recent Dragon Install-related revelations from the latest set of a-cho casuals immediately following PRE ARC REVOLUTION CUP:

Firstly, HELL FIRE (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta apparently didn't get the memo that Guts is a mechanic in this game. I'm inclined to think that there's probably more to the HELL FIRE mechanic than meets the eye. Secondly, it would appear that (DI) Tataki Otoshi seems to cause a significantly more horizontal ground bounce on hit. From the looks of it, if Dragon Install runs out upon landing, Sol is more or less safe so long as the opponent is far enough from the corner that they cover a good amount of distance as they bounce. The max distance created by the ground bounce gives Sol plenty of time to recover before the opponent can even get close.

Well, that was Chipp being hit by (DI) Tyrant Rave. But still, in the 012 vid, 012 did (DI) Tyrant Rave into 20+ hit Grand Viper while in Hell Fire for the win, and it did a surprising amount of damage. And it was off of a Wild Throw, too.

Speaking of which, (DI) Tyrant Rave into (DI) Grand Viper is clearly the best way to win a round.

Well, that was Chipp being hit by (DI) Tyrant Rave.

True, but if anything that just makes my point for me. Chipp has a Guts rating of 4, and at flashing life it starts getting much harder to chip down the Life Gauge, but that first hit did way more than was I expecting it to. I saw that (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta into (DI) Grand Viper too, pretty ridiculous.

https://www.youtube....h?v=t4SSm6pkLjA

@ 8:12 sol did running jump CH j.SVV (while going down) > 5K > etc

You probably don't even need CH for that. It's already been established that you can combo off a TK SVV like in #Reload, so a low jump SVV into relaunch doesn't seem out of the question.

those seem great for tension buildup, but damage wise i think WT > 5HS > JI > 2HS > HJ j.S > jc j.S > j.HS > VV deals more right? at least if you're in the centre of the map

Is it possible to perform another Bandit Bringer right after Bandit Bringer on counter hit? Thanks in advance.

PS: I take a shot of my favorite champagne or a zip of my hot coffee whenever I see Sol successfully hits someone with his Bandit Bringer right after 5S, 5HS (RC).  :)

yes ch bb combos into bb as it causes a very long untechable ground bounce on ch, though it only happens about once every blue moon

Is there enough hitstun and untechable time off JD to raw air DI and kudakero or can you cancel JD into air DI and then kudakero after?

Waiting for j.D to recover is out of the question, but as for canceling j.D into Dragon Install... it's hard to say. DI certainly looks faster than in #Reload, but whether it's as fast or faster than AC+R DI remains to be seen. We don't know how fast (DI) Kudakero is either, all we know is that it's fast enough to combo off a j.S (which every other aerial special does anyway).

Ok so maybe it might work cool so my theory combo might be the gateway combo into and out of air D.I.

OK guys I am on my way to Japan right now.

I'll be hitting Mikado immediately after checking out of the hotel.

If you have anything that you want me to try out then please tell me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

most likely impossible because there shouldn't be 10 frames of followup time to tk svv, not even on lightweights.

My best guess would just be the throw invulnerability characters have after wake up, which appears to last longer because of the time stop from YRC.

i was thinking WT > dash TK SVV > TK SVV (dash 1st if possible but i'd reckon not) > 5K > etc

most likely impossible because there shouldn't be 10 frames of followup time to tk svv, not even on lightweights.

Back in #Reload, you could do two additional reps of c.S (JC) > aerial S Volcanic Viper off a dashing aerial S Volcanic Viper (the first of which did not require the corner), so one rep off Bukkirabou ni Nageru doesn't sound unreasonable. Well... assuming that S Volcanic Viper's seemingly smaller hitbox doesn't create any issues.

How about WT > TK SVV > 5K > TK SVV > Stuff? Can't imagine 5K adding too much height so it might be possible, but I wouldn't know.

If you have anything that you want me to try out then please tell me.

I've been curious on some fuzzy guard stuff.

It wouldn't be the most practical but I've been curious if j.S > fuzzy j.S(RC) allows any combos following the RC. or combo after fuzzy j.P RC? (doubtful)

Also wondering if j.S > fuzzy j.D works on Bedman. Or if fuzzy j.S j.H combos on him like it does on Potemkin. Or either of those on Ramlethal? (doubt her though).

Does cross up j.K > fuzzy j.P/j.S/j.D work?

If you happen to land fuzzy j.D (should still work on Zato/Pot?) wondering how comboing off it is midscreen/corner with Kudakero and/or air DI.

Sorta unrelated but how does DI crossup j.K > dj.Kudakero (tk) look as a sorta double cross up type thing?

Regular cross up j.K > tk.Kudakero over YRC shenanigans for ambiguous crossups/confusing stuff?

Oh and if by some chance you hit CH 6H on air hit, we still don't know exactly what that does (do we?)