VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Double kukadero is so swag:o I wonder how hard getting that IAD j.K. j.D is though

Actually this is the first time i see the whole combo.

he keeps missing the second Kodakero every time i see him play.

Not sure if this would hit if he didn't burst!

He bursted in the flame beam and got charred lol. DI tyrant rave so strong

Thanks to the demo, we now know the name of Sol's new Instant Kill: Branding Breach.

Also, (DI) Bukkirabou ni Nageru does way more damage than regular Bukkirabou ni Nageru, goddamn.

It is jump cancelable, yes. For something like that to work however, the first j.K would have to be really close to the ground. It doesn't seem feasible, at least on regular height characters.

what about if you just neutral jump on the jump cancel instead of back jump? will your sol automatically change the direction he's facing? so something like cross-up j.K > jc > j.S > land 5K and continue pressure?

i've only seen people do 2D after a cross-up j.K

Yes you change direction after double jumping. I can look at that but the reason you always see them land is that if you jump cancel to try continuing pressure or cross up again there, it creates a big gap. I think you should be able to fuzzy j.S/j.D off j.K but it's not the easiest thing to test on cpu. I'll be trying for it though to at least see it combo or be a blockstring.

Tried some other random theory things, like jump-in cancelled to DI > low airdash j.S or land low/throw. I'll see if you can YRC after DI into the same thing to maybe keep them from escaping or DPing.

It seems you can't YRC DI TR.

I got CH 2D > link 5K on I-no. I thought that only used to work on the super lights before but I'd have to double check.

By the way the wiki has a good amount of info already in it, but I'll be helping fill in some more things with the help of the demo. Also some combos already there, will be adding more. Feedback on it in general is also welcome.

I can't get WT GF dash j.D like NOB did, it's either hard or character specific. I could see it being that actually, he did it on Chipp. Sin seems to have Ky air hurtbox where j.D can't hit him super low, I could be wrong though, need to look at it again.

Oh yeah and it's like everyone's been saying, but the height restriction on tk.Kudakero is really strict. You have to be above the opponent completely before it's allowed to come out.

Oh yeah, something else I forgot to bring up last night: Hell Fire status increases Dragon Install duration. Only by a second or two though, nothing major.

It seems you can't YRC DI TR.

I can't get WT GF dash j.D like NOB did, it's either hard or character specific. I could see it being that actually, he did it on Chipp. Sin seems to have Ky air hurtbox where j.D can't hit him super low, I could be wrong though, need to look at it again.

Just want to correct myself, you can YRC (DI) TR as well as PRC it, it's just a small window.

And on that WT combo, it's actually not that hard, just need to do GF early as possible. Doesn't look character specific at all.

Yeah. But practice is everything I guess. I can now consistenly get two reps, than hj.D > falling j.K > j.D > air combo > VV. Or two reps to j.D > j.214K > 6P > 6HS. But the Fafnir combo is definitely easier.

Not so hard, i made it, even not play on pad about 5 years or more. Yes not right at start, but after only one hour in tutorial. With Arcade stick, i think it whould be more easy, for me of course.

Yeah I think the Fafnir route is also preferred since it allows for BR knockdown as opposed to the slightly less advantageous air VV knockdown. Either the Fafnir Kudakero BR or if you already used Fafnir... j.D falling j.K j.D Kudakero BR enders seem best. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Fafnir route builds more tension, but havent paid attention to that yet.

While I'm at it, so we know 2D GV on May and Ramlethal works, no mash GV. But I noticed on May it requires a very close 2D hit, whereas on Ramlethal it works from even max range.

Still testing/adding wiki combos. I'm just putting them all there for now since it's easier for me. If it gets to be too many combos for the wiki we can easily move them to Combo thread later.

Yeah I think the Fafnir route is also preferred since it allows for BR knockdown as opposed to the slightly less advantageous air VV knockdown. Either the Fafnir Kudakero BR or if you already used Fafnir... j.D falling j.K j.D Kudakero BR enders seem best. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Fafnir route builds more tension, but havent paid attention to that yet.

While I'm at it, so we know 2D GV on May and Ramlethal works, no mash GV. But I noticed on May it requires a very close 2D hit, whereas on Ramlethal it works from even max range.

Still testing/adding wiki combos. I'm just putting them all there for now since it's easier for me. If it gets to be too many combos for the wiki we can easily move them to Combo thread later.

I like S, S, 2HS, GV, RC, j.S, j.HS, VV, TO.  It does crazy damage!  I can't seem to get 10 hits from GV, but I am using a pad.  I think when I can finally use a stick for Xrd I will be able to do it.