VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

I was spoused to 6P into DI but I got TR instead.

But i kept missing the 4th Kudakero to get enough tension to land a DI.TR at the end of the combo.

Added a nifty 5D homing jump combo when it brings them into corner.

5D > Homing Jump > j.D (JC) > j.D (JC) > j.D (JC) > j.S > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > BR

Only works on Potemkin and Axl as far as characters in the demo, 2nd hit of Kudakero whiffs on the rest. I didn't try on Bedman because I have yet to run into him...does he only appear when you play as Ky or something?

I also tried running tk.SVV |> 5K into the usual stuff, it was working on everyone except May that I tried. Didn't try on Ramlethal yet but I assume it may just not work on the lightest characters. Or maybe just not May, since Ram has that nice air hurtbox. Need to try Potemkin too, have a feeling he'll fall too fast. Someone more familiar with #R details may already know. The corner carry on it is hilarious.

I booted up reload to see how it worked, using these settings and got:

on May: tight link
on Pot: too heavy; unlikely but 1-frame link
on Chipp: consistent
on Millia: semi-tight link; roughly 2-3 frames
on Dizzy: easy

Note:

*I've average execution, any reload head can correct any of this

*In general, it is easier after a low air dash; could just be me though

Oh cool thanks, I actually did get it on May today after trying again on her so that makes sense. And I just tried on Potemkin and couldn't get it, so that matches, it's either hard or not possible. I think it works on everyone but Potemkin as far as characters available in the demo.

From starting position, I got running tk.SVV on Chipp into the standard corner combo. All the damage.

It's also cool if you RC the first hit, you can combo on hit, airdash/low/throw on block since they're in blockstun for ages. Same as we were talking about before on a jump in VV but from tk.

Added CH 6P combos today, the last one in Near-Corner is literally full screen carry, any farther back and the camera zooms out so 6P can't wall bounce anyways. It's CH 6P > delay BB > airdash j.S j.K j.D > Fafnir > ender.

A combo I didn't see in the Combo Thread that's pretty good:

5S(f)-5HS -> RC, BB, dash 5S(c or f)-5HS -> IAD j.K-D -> Kudakero, 6P -> BR

Works from ranges where Fafnir after BB won't push to the corner. Fafnir after BB route does slightly more damage. To get an idea of spacing, after using WT on a cornered opponent, hit them with 5HS -> BR, and then from that spacing hit with 5S(f) at max range to start the combo.

Another small note from perusing the wiki, Tyrant Rave as a reversal has one advantage over VV, in that it can be YRCed or PRCed. So when you have 75% meter, you can risk a TR and buffer the YRC so that if the opponent baited and it whiffs, you get off scot free.

Works from ranges where Fafnir after BB won't push to the corner. Fafnir after BB route does slightly more damage. To get an idea of spacing, after using WT on a cornered opponent, hit them with 5HS -> BR, and then from that spacing hit with 5S(f) at max range to start the combo.

Another small note from perusing the wiki, Tyrant Rave as a reversal has one advantage over VV, in that it can be YRCed or PRCed. So when you have 75% meter, you can risk a TR and buffer the YRC so that if the opponent baited and it whiffs, you get off scot free.

Actually i am trying to improve my IAD's  on the stick since i used to be a pad player for 10 years so the best way i found is to buffer 9 during the HS  then tap 6 on jump animation.

but it seems that the window for IAD is so tight. does anyone know how many frames ? also it seems that normals doesn't come out during the AD start up.

Regarding TR i think it's best advantage over VV is the horizontal range since some meaties like Ky's 6HS whiffs VV on max range. 

I never have consistent success IADing by using buffers, so I use the same technique that I use with HOS and use a HJ IAD. The additional input time seems to help with getting the airdash out with the right timing. Landing the hit afterwards is also just a matter of input timing. You cannot cancel the very first frames of an airdash, but you can cancel into attacks much earlier than it seems.

I always thought the rule about IAD after a normal in GG was that if you jump (9) before you connect, you have to do 66 to actually get an airdash out, but if you jump on the active frames of the moves you can just press one 6 to get an air dash. That's how it's always felt to me anyway, os i always try to jump during hitstop.

I am having trouble connecting the j.K-D does it work on Sin? Or is this a character specific combo. I am certain I am IADing correctly but the kick wont connect, If I IAD and J.P instead it connects.

EDIT: oh hJ IAD??

you wakeup, block the gunflame j.hs, and pray you fuzzy jump whatever comes next

Huh? How are you supposed to wake-up when you're never grounded to begin with? Or do you mean you first eat the gunflame after the 2K (which is the first techable hit) and that will let you hit the ground?

Don't tech the 2k, just take the knockdown (the GF won't hit OTG if you don't tech), then you wakeup into the GF and prepare for a trip to mixup city.

I don't think that setup works on people with longer face-up wake-up timing (Chipp for example). Need to check some vids. I'm not convinced I'm doing it properly in general, need recording in training to be sure.

The best thing to do is eating the gunflame on purpose because it's the last thing a Sol player would think that it would happen.

But of course a good Sol player will react and hit confirm it which is totally not me.

Oh yeah, yesterday I was able to get 6P > 5HS > 2 reps > Fafnir > dash 6P > 5HS (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > BR on Potemkin.

Didn't work on Sin, had to do HSVV end like the combo king of heart showed a while ago.

So this works on heavy weights since you don't have to delay at all between reps in order for Fafnir to connect. Maybe it'll work on Bedman too. I only got from 6P starter so far, didn't work from 2K 6P or airdash j.S j.D.

And on lightweights, the most consistent alternate to j.VV ender after 2 reps I've found on them is simply dash j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > BR. Comparing the 2 on Sin, it's hard to tell damage/tension gain differences by eye, gonna compare them again in training.

After Fafnir, I've found 1 rep > delay j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > BR most consistent on them, as opposed to the falling j.K ender. But again need training to compare exact damage difference.

This being for May, I-no, Millia when deep in corner where Fafnir won't hit. Ramlethal is fine with deep Fafnir. And falling j.K ender fails on all 4.

To get a clean hit Kudakero after j.D j.K jc j.D.

You have to jump cancel.

- neutral if you did a dash jump D.

- forward if you didn't dash.

I am starting to get the Mugen reset  more constantly i hope i can use it in actual matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75IW15Ej65E

I have been able to get this reset on just about everyone in the arcade that sol can face. I think it works on just about everyone. And I definitely remember getting it on chipp. I am about 60% with this setup.

To clarify, what I meant by it "not working" is I don't think the GF connects if they wake-up after not teching, when you do the GF YRC at the timing/range that allows the air grab reset. I was under the impression this setup was meant to both grab air techs and have GF connect meaty if they don't tech. It feels like slower face-up wake-up characters make the GF pass them before they wake up at the range and timing where air throw catches tech. Hoping I'm wrong.

Chipp may be the only one it's an issue on actually, he's at 59 wake-up and the next slowest who is in the game is Slayer/Axl at 54. Assuming these are all the same, which it seems like. Dunno about new characters.

Do people still have access to the demo? I still do even though I know I got ps+ trial over 14 days ago. Figure it will kick me off soon but just wondering.

I think today is the last day that the demo is available to play at all. Wouldn't be surprised if it won't let me boot it up once I get home tonight, since it will technically be 10/30 in Japan by then.