VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

I think that's like, the third time that video's been posted.

On another note, I noticed that there seems to be little to no reduction to Tension Gain after using an Overdrive in combos. Doing 2D -> TR into a corner combo not only does baller damage, but you pretty much get your 50% right back, which is insane. Wonder if this is legit or just an oversight in the Tutorial mode?

On another note, I noticed that there seems to be little to no reduction to Tension Gain after using an Overdrive in combos. Doing 2D -> TR into a corner combo not only does baller damage, but you pretty much get your 50% right back, which is insane. Wonder if this is legit or just an oversight in the Tutorial mode?

I hadn't really looked before but you're right the tension gain is surprising off that.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vK-oQijE5Q

Interesting thing I was looking at today. DI can be YRC'd, no surprise there, but has some good implications. The invulnerability on DI lasts the entire duration before the super flash. If you YRC before the flash, it doesn't take tension for DI, so it will only take 25%. So essentially you can get a max of 18f of invulnerability before YRCing. Kind of like Faust 5D YRC. I could see using this to make reversals whiff then punish, or if they didn't reversal, just pressure after the YRC.

Works on air version as well, and tk.DI YRC makes for potential high/low/throw mixup since it stops your air momentum.

This could also be used on wake-up potentially, so long as they don't outlast the DI invulnerability and hit the YRC startup.

You've just posted my new favorite mixup.

Have you tried this with airdash pressure? e.g. Oki airdash j.S, j.D, DI YRC > whatever? Or is the demo not really conducive to testing blockstrings?

You've just posted my new favorite mixup.

Have you tried this with airdash pressure? e.g. Oki airdash j.S, j.D, DI YRC > whatever? Or is the demo not really conducive to testing blockstrings?

You can do that but if they're in blockstun it'll be a Red RC so more costly. But I could see it working there, or say tiger knee'd off a jump cancel move on block or something.

that is helllllla godlike. random iad di yrc. fuck literally every 6p

oh ya also overdrives do not prorate tension gain. although interestingly it looks like rose install does (it would be stupid if it didn't)

You can do that but if they're in blockstun it'll be a Red RC so more costly. But I could see it working there, or say tiger knee'd off a jump cancel move on block or something.

Oh right, durr.

Man I want this game out already so I can try this shit myself.

The fact that it's only 25% makes it on of the best mixups ever.

Especially that instant over head.

And if it goes through dp's or throws on wake up.

Using it after a blocked Fafnir would be interesting.

Some raw Fafnir combos since its the tool people will mostly use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDc7FSjfSEc

and just an all Dust Dust combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgh-o9hZvpU

In case you guys didn't see it yet, there's now a GGXrd wiki that has full frame data.

http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E6%94%BB%E7%95%A5/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%AB%3D%E3%83%90%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%82%AC%E3%82%A4

Of note, according to this, DI is not invul from the first frame, rather it's from frame 7 to 19. Still have 12 frames of invul to play with before the screen freeze, though.

That's a shame, guess it makes sense that they allowed it to be YRC'd then. Can't use it as BS wake-up option.

I think that also indicates that ground and air have the same frame data. If ground was really 19+2 and invul was 7-19f, the 2f after flash would get hit by the GF in that example on the first page of this thread where Sol does DI>TR as a GF is on top of him. I guess the GF doesn't reach him until 7f into DI. Here is where this happened: http://youtu.be/kjCzpj5HPfQ?t=2m19s

Another clip I want to rewatch is when air DI dodged Venom j.HS (assumed to be airthrow) in that day 1 ASW tourney. Need to wait til I'm home to look at that again. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDUy7JLPHA&t=1h00m59s

But yeah it's still a lot of invul to work with. Just not quite as busted as I thought.

is that the most damaging normal dust combo? is it possible even in the middle of the map?

Nah it's just some fancy stuff and really hard to land and totally unpractical

In case you guys didn't see it yet, there's now a GGXrd wiki that has full frame data.

http://wiki.4gamer.net/ggxrd/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E6%94%BB%E7%95%A5/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%AB%3D%E3%83%90%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%82%AC%E3%82%A4

Of note, according to this, DI is not invul from the first frame, rather it's from frame 7 to 19. Still have 12 frames of invul to play with before the screen freeze, though.

DI Riot Stomp is +45? That... seems like it's got to be a typo. But I never really messed with the move the few times I've played the game, so I don't really know for sure.

DI Riot Stomp is +45? That... seems like it's got to be a typo. But I never really messed with the move the few times I've played the game, so I don't really know for sure.

Sol leaves a huge explosion after the RS.

That's what makes it +45.

Also kept trying the DI YRC.

The window is bigger than i thought.

And the tk version looks really good.

But sadly i am not sure how to get the tk DI constantly.

I wish I knew about it during the demo days!

Managed to DI YRC  then grab Jonio when he was doing a jump in S on me on wake up. but sadly it was off stream.

kept trying to do it on stream after it until i lost my match but i didn't really care because i was pretty confident with my teammates  lol.

Haha nice. I guess the j.S wasn't quite meaty there according to the frame data.

I would've liked to have had more time to look at it, but sadly I started messing with it in the last few hours I had access to demo. After getting frame data I'm starting to think it's practical use will be somewhat situational. Partly because I suspect that in a lot of situations you could use it, there would be more practical choices.

I'm wondering how it would be after a blocked RS, perhaps go through an opponent’s 6P attempt there for a punish, or allow pressure if they didn't do anything.

As a mixup tool with tk.DI I'm a bit skeptical that will be usable outside of just doing it after a corner knockdown. Feel like it requires them to sit there for a bit to set up otherwise, and if you got them sitting there, that's what WT is for. I also just want recordings to play back and see just how strong the high-low there really is.

Really wanna look more closely at it...just 1 more month.

Today i learned that long Kudakero whiffs on Venom and Zato if the combo starter was long.

Learned the hard way!

I definitely noticed that on Venom in the demo, I remember having Kudakero whiff after j.SVV combo in corner for example. But I think I got it to work with slightly altered timing? I don't remember it happening on Zato but wouldn't be surprised if Venom's not the only one. Must be a hurtbox thing, maybe they're more narrow at the time Kudakero usually connects.

also thanks for that confirmation on DI vulnerability in that stream archive, didn't think the frame data was wrong but it's nice to see it.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of dustloop you can do? I know the damage is better with the fafnir and kudakero route but I still haven't seen anyone go for straight up dustloops. It's harder to do that but it would still be nice to see the maximum number of reps at least once.

I believe it's either 3, or 4. There were some early combo videos that showed the max number of reps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7YNzsefqjY first combo in this vid shows you can do 2 reps of j.D, j.D, followed by two reps of hj.D, K-D, then finish with a j.K route.

The Fafnir-Kudakero route does about the same damage or slightly more, but the main reason I think it's used over pure Dloops is that it's easier to do, more standardized across the cast, and usually ends with a Bandit Revolver, which gives better oki.

With the brief time I got to play the game, I remember managing to get 3 reps of dash j.D - j.D after a GF YRC. I don't think I managed more than that, and I don't think I got over 2 reps of dash j.D - j.D with any other starter.