VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

With the brief time I got to play the game, I remember managing to get 3 reps of dash j.D - j.D after a GF YRC. I don't think I managed more than that, and I don't think I got over 2 reps of dash j.D - j.D with any other starter.

I feel like it is pretty universal that after the first two J.D dash reps you have to start doing different stuff, like hj.D. K-D. Check out the second combo in this video, after the air grab its a 3 rep with a K-j.D, J.D finisher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTrzVRLK20

In other words I agree with VR Raiden.

Also watching a lot of match vids though Sols usually do not go for these long winded combos. They usually go two reps max then some kind of finisher and usually favor Dive Kick finishers.

That Sol players, throughout the video did some pretty crazy things with DI, you guys should check it out. Full DI combos into PBB, riot stomp into bandit bringer... Pretty crazy honestly. I was impressed.

I feel like it is pretty universal that after the first two J.D dash reps you have to start doing different stuff, like hj.D. K-D. Check out the second combo in this video, after the air grab its a 3 rep with a K-j.D, J.D finisher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTrzVRLK20

In other words I agree with VR Raiden.

Also watching a lot of match vids though Sols usually do not go for these long winded combos. They usually go two reps max then some kind of finisher and usually favor Dive Kick finishers.

Yo thats op

Hi guys Im going to main sol in 'Xrd' and hes going to be a new character for me.

Im playing GGAC'R and testing things from Xrd that work. Mostly just getting the pattern for 5k, (c.s), 2d, 236k / 623hs down.

His main anti air is 5k with a basic air string of k,s,hs,623hs 214k.

I just wanted to get validation that this is right direction to go in. Also can we confirm sols basic play style is pressure/rush with short sharp combos & block strings with wild throw once you've locked them down. He doesn't seem to have a lot of overhead/low mix up options.

Also who are the Japanese players to watch for

PS: it seems to be sidewinder is gone, is that true

Yes getting familiar with Sol in +R will help, the really basic stuff is essentially the same.

Check his dustloop Xrd wiki, I think many of your questions can be answered there.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sol_Badguy_(GGXRD)

It's mostly filled in at this point, but it's a continuous work in progress.

Check the first post of the video thread here for a list of top JP Sol’s. Machaboo, Mugen, 012, Uki, Roi are some worth watching.

Yes Sidewinder is gone. But he is more than fine without it.

Omg i am trying to figure out how to train with this shitty voice. my dust loops are a little bit sound depending.

So instead hearing "Teayh" i hear "Cum on"

I just cleared arcade mode once and lost the desire to play

Likely hood is the in main us release you can have the option for the Japanese voices right, I mean I hope so. Ive never liked English dubs of Japan centric 2d beat em ups I remember Kyo's english KOF12 voice ugh!

Yeah I heard about it right before the demo came up again so I was messing with it today. You can JI in the string before GV, or do it raw as 2147S to get air options after the RC. On some if you fully mashed GV the BB wouldn't hit in time. On Ramlethal with something like 5K(1) > c.S(JI) > 2D > GV, you can also neutral jump and you still have time for BB. It's probably got some good applications, like if you got 50% during GV, or started from raw GV. I wasn't having much luck getting Kudakero in the ender though, was stopping short after BB, Fafnir with something like dash c.S 2HS BR.

also the video thread was updated by Final Ultima with a few Sendu combo vids, check them out. Lots of really specific, optimized stuff. The Zato only(?) corner throw combo hurts like hell (throw RC GF BB Fafnir dash GF c.S j.D Kudakero 6P BR).

Nah, PBB is unblockable, since it's a command grab and is unburstable for more clarification (checked the 4gamer wiki, said that it's made specifically for busting opponents that are air blocking and for safe DI time out obviously). Just think of it as Potemkin Buster Bringer.

well after an hour or so,sad to say i wasn't exactly wowed by the game

it felt slower than +r?

maybe i just need to practice more, timing and stuff is quite a bit different

lol i'm indonesian as well