VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

On 12/31/2015 at 6:37 PM, SynikaL said:

How does one constantly get the non-techable version of TK VV? My inputs are the same wether I get it or not. Is it just me needing to wait a bit longer for Sol to get into his jump frames? 

Maybe you aren't getting your jump out when they tech? That would mean you're pressing S too early. I do it as 95623S.

Sol Badguy Ver1.10 Location Test (AC), Ver.1.03 (CS) Changes

Crouching state: Hurtbox increased vertically.
Standing hitstun state: Mid hitstun state, low hitstun state hurtbox increased.
Vertical knockdown~face-up knockdown: Hurtbox increased.
Falling knockdown: Hurtbox increased.
6HS: Fixed a bug where Counter Hit state during the attack's active frames cut off early.
Air Throw: After the attack, there are 4 extra frames before falling recovery starts.

Aside from the fact that we lost meterless air throw combos, we got off pretty light, all things considered.

Hey guys! 

First time really dedicating to guilty gear and i'd like to know what is the main metagame for Sol players to develop.

From what i can tell after conpleting challenge mode combos Sol should try to carry the opponent to the corner where the combos really gets menacing.

What else should i have in mind? In a few words, whats his neutral game looks like? Spacing with 5S or 5H? Trying short combos with bandit revolver for corner carrying? Trying to place some fafnir? Is there any good tutorial that sums the character game?

Any tip will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

It kind of depends on the matchup, which isn't saying much. But the overall goal is to get into that close range of 5s/5k. Just getting in on something. From there you get scary. 

I typically try to fish for a knockdown with 2D. It can low profile a ton of stuff and is fast. Knockdwon is a big thing for him. From there you can set up the tempo and get in and start making them deal with sol's bs.

j.H is really good too to fish a bit with and get in with. It recovers fast so you can do a forward jump into j.H then airdash or double jump to bait out something or get in from a different vector. Also good for airgrabs. 

Take it with a grain of salt cause I'm a scrub.

Hey guys! 

First time really dedicating to guilty gear and i'd like to know what is the main metagame for Sol players to develop.

From what i can tell after conpleting challenge mode combos Sol should try to carry the opponent to the corner where the combos really gets menacing.

What else should i have in mind? In a few words, whats his neutral game looks like? Spacing with 5S or 5H? Trying short combos with bandit revolver for corner carrying? Trying to place some fafnir? Is there any good tutorial that sums the character game?

Any tip will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sol thrives off counterpokes like 6P and big pokes like 5H and 6H. Your job as Sol in neutral is to take note of your opponent's footsie tendencies and throw it against them. Counterpoking with 6P is against othet characters and getting a ch will land you giant rewards. 2S is also a good defensive halting tool on the ground. It stuffs low poking attempts very well. 5S is really good as well, and can lead to big damage with 50% Tension on tech. There's more, but you should definitely check out the wiki.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk