VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

So it's a GG command grab, works on opponents so long as their not in blockstun, basically. Right?

It doesn't connect on grounded opponents unless they are in hitstun. They can also be standing there, blocking or not, and it won't connect even done at the lowest possible height. It's a weird move.

I'm gonna share some IK combos eventually, the ability to just record straight from PS4 is awesome, even if the quality is not that great. It's gonna be so easy to share tech once this game hits.

So looking at a funny DI thing we saw from vids a long time ago, a normal throw midscreen sets up the timing/spacing perfectly for super ambiguous dash jump > air DI > falling j.K. A few times I didn't even know what side it was coming down on. I wonder if cross-up protection would kick in those times though.

as for more practical things, I looked a lot at combo routes on lighter characters (Millia, I-no, May, Ram) and we added some notes on combos for them. Ramlethal is fine due to her air hitbox reaching nice and far down, but Fafnir tends to miss on the others. If you're too deep in corner, Fafnir tends to whiff on Millia and I-no after a dustloop rep. On May I've never gotten Fafnir after a dustloop rep period. So an alternative to just doing 2 reps into air VV ender, you can do air combo to Kudakero but it gets a bit finnicky. On May there seems to be a sure-fire method, dash j.S j.D (JC) j.S j.D Kudakero (6P) BR was consistently working for me after 2 reps of dustloop in typical starters. On Millia and I-no, still looking at it, but similar stuff can work.

Can someone test that combo when sol is cornered? The one where he does 214K + followup > air dash D > Fafnir where it side switches them back into the corner? Just wanna know the practicality of it.

Yeah no RC required, it just needs the right spacing. It's listed in midscreen overhead starters with a vid link. I tried it a little and it is very strict on positioning it seems. But luckily it is a spot where RS is more practical. Actually we should probably move it to near corner since it relies on BB comboing after Fafnir.

Speaking of RS you can get some really funny combos off it midscreen on Potemkin.

RS>6HS (not practical I'd think)

RS>Fafnir (unfortunately GV won't reach off it unless he's going into corner. It's not a close enough Fafnir hit).

RS > airdash delay j.HS land 5K to air combo

RS > airdash delay j.D > Fafnir

Gonna wait for training to compare all that but the delay j.HS to relaunch probably most practical. I think he's the only character delayed normals after an airdash don't hit behind at midscreen.

Oh yeah RS > 5HS too, I think that may work on more than Potemkin though. Could go to IAD or RC BB routes.

so in +R (XX?) if you RC the 1st hit of air VV you fall straight down. is this still the case in xrd? if so, you should get a chunky confirm on hit (land, BB or running dustloop...) and on block you get a free airdash high/low/throw because of the time slow.

i also wonder if a running TK SVV goes over the other side of the opponent on block? the run momentum should theoretically make punishing the followup kick very finicky, although i feel this won't be the case with xrd run speed/acceleration

Landing a combo after Air throw resets is a bitch!

You have to be above the ground by one pixel.

I can land it like once every 15 times i try!

I haven't looked at it much yet, but it does seem surprisingly tight to get the 5K link. I suspect it may be easier on lightweights.

Haha the last one is too cool.

What I learned yesterday:

- I actually got Fafnir after 1 rep dustloop from the thrown out of corner WT combo on May. So she appears to have the same issue as other lights, where being too deep in corner causes problems. But it may just be even more strict on her.

- On RS airdash delay j.HS land 5K, I actually got it on multiple characters, so it's not Potemkin only. It appears to be possible on most if not all from about starting position. So like we already knew, RS gets some different possibilities at specific spacings, since it messes with the camera and fake walls so much.

- no mash DI GV, 5K combos midscreen on Sin. I got TR to combo after that. Basic example I did: 5K > c.S > 5HS > no mash GV, 5K > TR, run to corner 5D > Homing Dash > 5HS, 5HS > tk.PBB

- j.S fuzzy j.S(RC) falling j.D combos as expected. So we now have a universal(?) fuzzy that can be easily followed up, although expensive. I tried starting with j.K but it seems more difficult, since it doesn’t reach as low as j.S. EDIT: this was on stand hit but I dont see it failing on crouch hit like it would be if the fuzzy j.S hit.

- SuperJ I tried that j.HSVV(1)(RC) as well and yeah it can combo to BB. And if they blocked it, I could totally see a airdash/low mixup being applied there, they are in loooong blockstun due to the RC.

Also I've been looking at the OTG 2K GF(YRC) oki and have been having problems with the GF not connecting when they don't tech. I think this is a matter of delaying GF as much as possible off 2K, then maybe the YRC as well. But does anyone know if the wake-up timing after being OTG'd and not teching is universal? I have a feeling it is but I'm not sure. It would be a shame if this setup was character specific. I haven't been able to tell yet because CPU always techs when I don't want to them to and vice versa.

Lol, I love his cooking quip at Sin there.

Regarding RS combos, my fav one has to be a corner-to-corner fafnir counter>RS confirm. It looks hilarious and awesome at the same time.

gawddayummmmmmm

i was thinking if you can do a combo into DI RC IK lol, super impractical but should look awesome lol

oh wait, doing DI and RCing it uses 100%, so i guess you wouldn't have anymore tension to do the IK?

oh wait, doing DI and RCing it uses 100%, so i guess you wouldn't have anymore tension to do the IK?

I'm confused... because I think you're confused?

The combo didn't have an RC. And IKs don't use tension. Activation of IK mode just drains meter, and then drain your life if you have none.

You just need 100% tension because IK activation will only cause time freeze if you have 50% tension when activating in hellfire mode.

Loving these IK combos.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I watched some Sol do WT IK without an RC (Suke or Machaboo or Uki or somebody). The recovery on WT should be low enough to get this out, you would just need to delay IK activation for a spell.

Anybody with a demo tried this yet?

I've tried it before but wasn't successful, timing might be suuuuuper tight. The combos above require pretty tight timing already, but given that WT is completely untechable in Xrd, I can see why it might work.

It's not as hard as getting the correct height air throw after gun flame YRC.

Also air dash combos are way harder IMO.

I just suck at airdashing!

It's not as hard as getting the correct height air throw after gun flame YRC.

Also air dash combos are way harder IMO.

I just suck at airdashing!

Lol. Idk I think it is much harder in GG than other games, I can do IAD stuff fine in persona and other stuff, but the stuff from players like Roi and Mugen, that's super hard for me