VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Hmm, so the first time you land (DI) Bandit Bringer in a combo, it causes tumbling, similar to Fafnir. However, all subsequent uses in the same combo will cause ground bounce like a regular Bandit Bringer. Very interesting.

I take it you guys watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Hmyy0m6Q8

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9649-xrd-demo-sol-combo-video/#entry857755

PBB itself seems to have some kind of immunity to normal damage scaling (but not immunity to prorates, as evidenced by the WT DI combo). Either that, or it has a huge amount of minimum damage, which would make it the only move in GG that does so. Or it's a glitch, and hopefully it never gets fixed because Sol could always use ludicrous damage for no reason.

I'm assuming the optimal thing would be to save meter for the end of DI combos and do like three PBBs instead. Somebody taking this to the (ghetto) lab?

Edit: Oh hey apparently I'm blind.

On the plus side, the fact that he caught Sin fast enough that you didn't notice means that it's a lot better at catching neutral techs than I thought it was. The real test is if it'll do the same for side techs.

Ok I tried several times to land IK after WT without RCing and I could never get it to connect. If it does work, it's either character-specific, or it's frame-tight.

Good news is that you can land it midscreen after WT with the dash j.D-j.D, Fafnir route. And yes, I'm going to find as many of these as I can before the demo's over. :D

More useful, but I would say that practicality is still kind of questionable. DI can be seen as an "all-in", in that if you screw up, you are all sorts of dead. But yeah, I would say that overall it's probably the best version of DI since GGX (aka the last time DI could be considered even remotely useful).

Oh yeah, so if the opponent enters Hell Fire state during a combo, you can still combo IK on them if you have the right setup/resources. The life threshold for when they enter Hell Fire during combo is a lot lower, but I have video proof of concept that it works. Pretty nifty for style points.

Oh yeah, so if the opponent enters Hell Fire state during a combo, you can still combo IK on them if you have the right setup/resources. The life threshold for when they enter Hell Fire during combo is a lot lower, but I have video proof of concept that it works. Pretty nifty for style points.

Mhmm, that's already a known mechanic. In fact, I added the following passage to a couple of pages on Dustloop Wiki back during late February.

"If your life drops below approximately 20% of the Life Gauge and you return to neutral, or if your life drops below approximately 10% of the Life Gauge, your remaining life will start to flash. In this state, your Overdrives gain a significant boost in damage, denoted by the message "HELL FIRE!!", but your opponent can now combo into their Instant Kill."

Although it would appear that the Offense page doesn't mention it, so I guess not many people picked up on it. I'll go fix that right now.

Also, here's an example from a Ky combo movie uploaded back in May.

I've had an idea for a death combo that uses this mechanic for some months now, but I'll need to wait for the full game to test it because the required conditions can't really be met in the demo.

How much does a raw DI>TR do when hellfire? You should be able to do a kill combo from that starter if you manage to build enough meter for a second TR after you land the first I think.

40-60%, highly unlikely because everything after it would be minuscule in terms of damage

Can't you do a Dloop after it like how you can after a forward dust wallstick confirm? I figured since the super also puts you in that wallsplat state you'd be able to relaunch after it like how you can after dust.

More useful, but I would say that practicality is still kind of questionable. DI can be seen as an "all-in", in that if you screw up, you are all sorts of dead. But yeah, I would say that overall it's probably the best version of DI since GGX (aka the last time DI could be considered even remotely useful).

What does GGX DI offer?