VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Just wanted to drop in and politely request my damage back. Arc sys seems to have misplaced my stupid amount of damage and this seems to be where it went.

Sincerely,

A kind of jealous Slayer main.

Then lest me tell that you don't nothing about Slayer because Taka killed me with one combo.

2 weeks ago.

Very situational. What combo starter? Danger time?

No just a counter hit Pilebunker

Which can be easily landed.

And with 50% tension only.

Also Sol's corner damage is the same as +R but his midscreen damage is way lower.

He just got better footsies.

No just a counter hit Pilebunker

Which can be easily landed.

And with 50% tension only.

Also Sol's corner damage is the same as +R but his midscreen damage is way lower.

He just got better footsies.

The gap in damage between slayer and sol did grow smaller. Mostly because slayer lost damage and sol got to keep his or got a little more. My post wasn't to say that sol is too good or that slayer is bad, it was just a light hearted post out of boredom and ingesting hours of sol footage. I may also have a skewed vision of how good sol is because my only practice is with what I consider to be one of the best in America.

The gap in damage between slayer and sol did grow smaller. Mostly because slayer lost damage and sol got to keep his or got a little more. My post wasn't to say that sol is too good or that slayer is bad, it was just a light hearted post out of boredom and ingesting hours of sol footage. I may also have a skewed vision of how good sol is because my only practice is with what I consider to be one of the best in America.

Maybe you were just spoiled by the retarded AC Slayer.

Lol nah. Didn't start till +r seriously. Pretty new to this series tbh. I just have quality players around me that have helped me learn quickly.

Did you cancel your jump with a raw GV in the first combo.

I am pretty sure that GV is not auto jump installed right ?

Yes you have to input as 2147S for raw GV, it doesn't auto JI.

I tried 5K c.S (JI) GV (RC) neutral double jump BB Fafnir on Ram, since she's light I wasn't able to get anything good after the last GF. But didn't try for too long, maybe have to just do something simpler like c.S 2HS BR.

Seriously cannot wait until Thursday. This is the Sol I've been missing. So many options for combos, all seem equally effective, feels like there's so much room for creativity in comparison to AC.

Seriously cannot wait until Thursday. This is the Sol I've been missing. So many options for combos, all seem equally effective, feels like there's so much room for creativity in comparison to AC.

You can say that the game is out already for us Sol players since the Japanese version will be released while this demo is still active.

also i have been fooling around with training and came out with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVveRZGpTVw

it seems that you can land any wild throw combo after VV >RC> GF. or even more!

Hey guys i came across a very interesting Sol player a few months ago.

His play style is similar to Kusoru but he is not him.

But he came to Mikado today and he was on my team and we played our matches on stream so you can see some footage of him finally.

His name is Marouhan.

Am i better off goofing around in Reload training mode? Or just playing +r and not using sidewinder? Need to get my hands warm for GG again, and Order Sol isn't gonna help me do nothing when Xrd hits... same with Robo... sigh the struggle to actually sol seriously is gonna kill me.

Well reload sol is closer to Xrd sol. But things like the dustloop link are different, along with new moves and different game mechanics, so I say playing either will be fine, with a slight preference towards XX reload

Hey guys i just took a liking to sol after not playin gh in soo long and was wondering what v0is the things i should kno to get started with sol

Hey guys i just took a liking to sol after not playin gh in soo long and was wondering what v0is the things i should kno to get started with sol

My apologies for the late reply.

To start with, the Sol Badguy wiki page is a great resource for learning how to use Sol, but as for what you need to get started with, that all depends on your existing familiarity with both Guilty Gear and Sol. If you're only familiar insofar as the game mechanics and Sol's move list, but not necessarily how to use them effectively, I would start with some of the Sol-themed missions in Mission Mode, as they introduce several concepts that Sol players should get used to: how to counter poke with Sol, how to hit confirm with Sol etc. For anything beyond that, I'd consult the Strategy section of the wiki. VR-Raiden has put a lot of time into it, so it's definitely worth a look.

Could someone explain how to do wake up DP in GG. I'm trying to do the mission, failed it so many time I had to test myself in practice. Pulled off 20+ DPs in a row no problem. So it isn't my input.

It's your timing, not your execution. The window for a reversal is really small, like in the mission mentioned you should try to dp when Sol's wake up animation starts.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do the challenge #31 with Sol? Specifically the only problem I have is that I can't link the Volcanic Viper before Break. Or is it that Break can be cancelled into VV somehow?

EDIT: Nevermind. After many hours of trying I finally managed to do it right after posting. It's super tight.

VR, we need sets lol. I haven't done any playing against terrifying Sol's yet.

It's not that good, yet. But sure we can try soon.

I'm catching up and gonna update threads and maybe make some new ones soon. Matchup threads should be on the way.