VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Those kudakero yrcs into grabs blew my freaking mind, so glad we are finally seeing some real creativity on stream!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

i wonder if RS > airdash late j.D > fafnir can work

Based on this...maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz2Tr_jRBv4&t=1h13m25s

Here we see CH 2nd hit VV combos to Fafnir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz2Tr_jRBv4&t=44m32s

also, about midscreen RS > airdash j.D > dash j.K stuff, I'm willing to bet the fact that j.K is jump cancel-able now will allow you to get something like dash j.K > dj.K/S, etc for at least a VV knockdown.

It seems like most of his more used buttons got buffed in prioity big time, and he still does pretty high damage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

not sure if this has been discussed, can you fafnir after BB?

like 5S > 5HS > RC > BB > fafnir > etc?

Now that you mention it, I can't remember seeing anyone do it. But I'd be surprised if you couldn't -- it worked in #Reload, and both BB and Fafnir look similar enough in Xrd.

I'm guessing most people would probably go for BB>j.D-D>Fafnir for the extra one-rep dustloop damage.

Yeah BB combos to Fafnir. I can't find a link, but I've seen it a few times. I specifically remember an example from CH 6H > BB > Fafnir > corner stuff.

EDIT:

Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCPqMT9TRnM&t=2m15s

5K > 6P > 5H(RC) > BB > Fafnir

there are a couple examples in those Bon-Chan vids

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8267-xrd-sol-badguy-combo-thread/?p=781059

So I was watching the Guilty Gear Xrd 1st Official Tournament and saw a couple of interesting things.

First of all, air hit Fafnir can combo into another Fafnir provided you're close enough to the corner. I'd be interesting in seeing if you could add dash momentum to that second Fafnir for improved corner carry. Secondly, although it may not come as a surprise, the Gun Blaze-esque flames that emerge during (DI) Grand Viper have actual hitboxes. Conceivably, if you're reasonably close to the corner you might be able to hit with a cross-under (DI) Grand Viper and still land the uppercut portion in the the corner, that way you can get a full relaunch. (DI) Grand Viper can be PRC'd too so it's not as if you can't RC for safety.

J.k never had that type of crossup Hitbox. And if it ever did, it was shit and never a Damn thing

Yea, its pretty great ahah. I wonder if they gave it the ragna treatment and put the hitbox on the entirety of his legs, or if it is two separate ones

So, an interesting thing I noticed: In the latest set of Leisureland Sasashima matches, Toyamaru lands raw Fafnir, then follows up with 6P > Dragon Install and is still able to combo into c.S. Unlike Bon-chan's combo videos, this was not done using the restand from hitting a slumped opponent after a wall stick, meaning that 6P's untechable time on air hit is a lot closer to what it was in AC+R than what it was in #Reload. I guess we should've expected that considering you can still delay gatlings from 6P, which you couldn't do in #Reload. Still, good news.

on the topic of crossup j.k

you can jump cancel j.k now right? can you do crossup j.k jc another crossup j.k?

or maybe just crossup j.k jc j.s etc

most vids i saw people just do crossup j.k 2D etc 

So, an interesting thing I noticed: In the latest set of Leisureland Sasashima matches, Toyamaru lands raw Fafnir, then follows up with 6P > Dragon Install and is still able to combo into c.S. Unlike Bon-chan's combo videos, this was not done using the restand from hitting a slumped opponent after a wall stick, meaning that 6P's untechable time on air hit is a lot closer to what it was in AC+R than what it was in #Reload. I guess we should've expected that considering you can still delay gatlings from 6P, which you couldn't do in #Reload. Still, good news.

I saw today that 6P GF 6P (air hit) GF also works, so, yeah, it looks like the air hit untechable time is very much like +R.

random thoughts... Im surpised I havnt seen any double BBs, looking at the videos looks like it should work. Also looks like old school BR loop should work vs maybe light characters? Deff looks like you recover while the guy is still in the air to an extent. Also Obviously ive seen BB to fafnir, but what about fafnir to BB I find it pretty surprising if that didnt work or at least character specifically work.

Machaboo's been on a rampage ever since he switched to Sol.

random thoughts... Im surpised I havnt seen any double BBs, looking at the videos looks like it should work. Also looks like old school BR loop should work vs maybe light characters? Deff looks like you recover while the guy is still in the air to an extent. Also Obviously ive seen BB to fafnir, but what about fafnir to BB I find it pretty surprising if that didnt work or at least character specifically work.

BB to BB might be pretty character specific, like in Slash. And I've thought that about BR, too -- I've definitely seen a few situations where it looks like it would work. Now that you mention it, CH Fafnir has more than enough untechable time to combo to BB, but I've never seen it. Maybe it whiffs with the ground tumble animation or something.

ch fafnir>6p>5hs>[j.d>kudakero]x3>6p>br is a thing according to machaboo, might be character specific