VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Gameplay Discussion

Nice! I've been wondering when we'd get some dogura footage, but goddam at that eki-chan match.

Also, most of the time when I see Zato vs Sol, it looks like a tough fight, but Machaboo made that look incredibly easy.

Nice! I've been wondering when we'd get some dogura footage, but goddam at that eki-chan match.

Also, most of the time when I see Zato vs Sol, it looks like a tough fight, but Machaboo made that look incredibly easy.

you could see how much his knowledge of that matchup helped he was literally stopping everything Ogawa could do.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but here is some footage of Dogura's Sol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAH-ScOFU7M#t=1832

I thought Sol couldn't combo after his air throw without RC anymore!

If you watch the recent vids of Mugen, you'll notice matches where he does the 2K -> GF YRC oki and would then use the delay to airthrow the opponent if they attempted to tech after the 2K, then combo them afterwards. Pretty gross.

anybody know if you have air options after YRCing kudakero? like if you jump>kudakero>YRC can you air dash or double jump after?
also what about air options if you YRC riot stamp.

As long as you haven't already air dashed or double jumped, you should be able to do either.

oh, also can you YRC the volcanic viper followup? and do you keep air options if you can? that'd be pretty ridiculous.

also do you keep air options if you RC VV on block.

oh, also can you YRC the volcanic viper followup? and do you keep air options if you can? that'd be pretty ridiculous.

also do you keep air options if you RC VV on block.

Can't YRC or PRC any part of VV as far as we've seen.

Yes you can RC either hit and he is allowed air options after RCing 2nd hit.

Found what should be an example from an older post I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmhhKq8ziSg&t=14m42s

I should add that while invincible specials typically cannot be YRC/PRC'd, the same is not necessarily true for invincible Overdrives. Tyrant Rave ver.Beta can be YRC'd, for instance.

You can't yrc dp's, nor prc.

i know you cant yrc or prc dps, i meant the followup, 214K. i wasn't sure whether that would have counted as part of the dp or not.

I should add that while invincible specials typically cannot be YRC/PRC'd, the same is not necessarily true for invincible Overdrives. Tyrant Rave ver.Beta can be YRC'd, for instance.

Good to know, never knew this.

i know you cant yrc or prc dps, i meant the followup, 214K. i wasn't sure whether that would have counted as part of the dp or not.

214k, j214, or vv follow up? And if it's vv follow up, I'm not sure, but judging by the fact that no one has done that or tried that in a video, I assume you can't. In a matter of fact, I haven't seen anyone do that to delay their decent after a whiffed/blocked VV...

well the sol didn't have any tension at all so...

well doesn't the x only appear when you try to enter YRC or PRC during non-YRC/PRC windows? I am under the impression that the x doesn't appear when say you try to YRC a move that usually can be YRCed but you have no tension.

Though I may be wrong.

That's correct. When the game was first released I incorrectly assumed that the X meant "cannot Roman Cancel at time of input", but in fact it only applies to moves that cannot be YRC'd or PRC'd whatsoever. If my original assumption had been correct, YRC option selects would look really obnoxious.

j.S |> 6P is possible with #Reload speed 6P, you just have to land the j.S as close to the ground as possible. You have a little bit extra leeway on a crouching opponent.

Hello guys! :D

Just wanted to ask a few things. In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1XbRWkCN4 (scroll at 1:10) is it possible to connect a DI Bandit Bringer after DI Gun Flame without roman canceling? And how on earth did Jonio's Sol ended up on the far end of the screen? IMO that would be a nice way to exit DI after executing a combo.

Thanks in advance :D

PS: I like this matchup! Dragon Install showdown!

Is it just me or is s.VV rarely used in this version as opposed to hs.VV, I know the differences between the two in terms of utilities, but is there something I'm missing with regards to their frame data compared to AC/ACR that I'm still missing?

uhhh what are you talking about.....the go to dp is SVV and most combos end with air SVV.......in combos its mainly because the delayed followup will blackbeat most of the time if you use HSVV 

this is kinda late, but 2K > 6P is a new thing right? i've tried it on +R and i just can't do it

it's a gatling right?

2K > 6P is a gatling but doesn't combo in AC or +R since 6P is slower. In Xrd it's sped up back to the pre-AC speed so 2K > 6P combos.

Hello guys! :D

Just wanted to ask a few things. In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1XbRWkCN4 (scroll at 1:10) is it possible to connect a DI Bandit Bringer after DI Gun Flame without roman canceling? And how on earth did Jonio's Sol ended up on the far end of the screen? IMO that would be a nice way to exit DI after executing a combo.

hmm can't say for sure but DI BB is pretty fast considering it combos after Kudakero so maybe that works.