VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

Another example from the first post of 5HS (HJC) > IAD j.K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57iw2_Or9I&t=59s

also works from a Fafnir > dash f.S near corner (except Faust cause 5HS whiffs on him).

It's pretty hard and I still drop often, but I feel like I'm getting better at it.

I've only ever gotten it with a high jump cancel. Input I typically do is something like 5HS > 1478956 > j.K. I've heard of doing 36956 to get HJC IAD combos too. Input that during the hitstop of 5HS, if you do it too early you won't get the air dash.

It's important for maximizing damage and getting the BR ender for those hits outside corner where dustloop won't reach. Usually, IAD j.P j.HS to VV would be fine, but in some cases that won't reach where j.K does, so I feel it's pretty important.

Another example from the first post of 5HS (HJC) > IAD j.K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57iw2_Or9I&t=59s

also works from a Fafnir > dash f.S near corner (except Faust cause 5HS whiffs on him).

It's pretty hard and I still drop often, but I feel like I'm getting better at it.

I've only ever gotten it with a high jump cancel. Input I typically do is something like 5HS > 1478956 > j.K. I've heard of doing 36956 to get HJC IAD combos too. Input that during the hitstop of 5HS, if you do it too early you won't get the air dash.

It's important for maximizing damage and getting the BR ender for those hits outside corner where dustloop won't reach. Usually, IAD j.P j.HS to VV would be fine, but in some cases that won't reach where j.K does, so I feel it's pretty important.

Yeah, I think the super jump lets you get into the air dash a frame faster, which allows the j.K to combo. I finally got it to work. It's hard enough that I'm not going to use it in a match, though. I can't even do the super jump IAD on the right side :/

In other good news, a perfectly timed dashing TK Slash VV does net a full combo on counter-hit, even midscreen! Only fails on Potemkin and Bedman. Without CH, they float higher, so you need to adjust the combo timing.

TK S VV > 5K(1) 2HS (JC) > j.D j.D > Fafnir > dash 6P  delay 5HS (JC) > j.D Break > 6P delay BR = 208 damage

Midscreen TK S VV > 5K(1) 2HS (JC) > j.S dj.s j.HS > HS VV (1) > Knockdown = 155 damage

Finally went and tested WT > delay dash j.D (which would go to falling j.D, Fafnir etc) on the cast, I'd be interested to know if anyone found different results.

I think it feels easier on some than others but this is what I got as for who it fails on: Elphelt, Ky, Millia, Zato.

Also a kinda burst safe Ground Throw (RC) combo, it's safe up through the Fafnir:

Ground Throw (RC) > (delay) forward high jump j.S > j.D |> Fafnir, (Bandit Bringer), dash 6P > (delay) 5HS/2HS (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > Bandit Revolver

Works on Axl, Bedman, Chipp, Potemkin, Sin, Slayer, Venom, Zato. Works on Faust, Leo, and Sol too, but you need to delay slightly before high jumping.

EDIT:

Did a big update to 2K and 5K corner starter dustloop routes info and notes

Does anyone here actually do j.D j.D Fafnir combo route on May? I could see it working off Wild Throw maybe, but not 6P because she floats too high.

Does anyone here actually do j.D j.D Fafnir combo route on May? I could see it working off Wild Throw maybe, but not 6P because she floats too high.

Since she is a light, fafnir will just whiff under her. Off of 6P you are better off doing double rep dustloop

Since she is a light, fafnir will just whiff under her. Off of 6P you are better off doing double rep dustloop

That was my experience, but I didn't want to say that it was impossible to do the Fafnir route without checking what others experienced. 2D BR RC j.D Fafnir works unless you were right next to the corner, but inthe follow-up 6P 5HS j.D Break, the Break only gets one hit usually.

Hmm I see what you mean. Idk I'd have to try the j.D>Kukadero then, for I don't think that I have experienced such issue

That was my experience, but I didn't want to say that it was impossible to do the Fafnir route without checking what others experienced. 2D BR RC j.D Fafnir works unless you were right next to the corner, but inthe follow-up 6P 5HS j.D Break, the Break only gets one hit usually.

May is unique with Kudakero in some cases I've noticed. It can hit her way out from corner, and tends to whiff the second hit easily if you're deep. On May try either not having dash momentum or doing a neutral jump/back jump j.D before Kudakero. Some examples are in the 1st post Fafnir starter combos, some notes there for specifically her since she was an issue.

As for landing Fafnir at all, it is possible to do a single D-Loop rep into Fafnir on non-Valentine lightweights, but only if the j.Ds connect low. Your proximity to the corner also seems to determine what height you can actually land it from, the deeper you are, the lower they need to be. The corner bread and butter doesn't really permit this due to 6P not having enough untechable time or a long enough delay gatling window to land sufficiently low j.Ds. You can land it off stuff like the corner Bukkirabou ni Nageru side switch or from starters that let you do a dashing D-Loop rep from starting position, but otherwise you just want to go for a D-Loop instead.

On the lights, you can't do the jump D, falling K jc ect stuff either right?  The dive kick route is just dust loop one rep, rjump S D dive kick?

On the lights, you can't do the jump D, falling K jc ect stuff either right?  The dive kick route is just dust loop one rep, rjump S D dive kick?

I think the lights you can double-Dustloop on, i.e. Stuff into 5H ^ j.D, j.D v Dash ^ j.D, j.D v Dash ^ j.K ^ j.D j.214K v 623H~214K. What gets iffy is if you want to try to Dustloop into Fafnir, 'cause of the floating.

That's correct, after 2 dustloop reps you can't do falling j.K ender on lights to my knowledge. You can get it on them after 1 rep if you delay before it enough and they weren’t too high, that's only useful in certain Fafnir combos though I believe. In general you can just do dash j.D or some string into Kudakero on them. I found dash j.D easiest and most consistent with timing among the lights last I checked.

So basically, lights is 1-2 reps, dash jump string into kuda? And for you that string is usually just jump D - kuda?  Sorry I don't have the game or training mode, so I have to think of the stuff mid-match when I get a chance to play.

A few other questions for you combo experts probably clayton.  Is midscreen 5D6 -> J.d jc J.d falling J.d finish with loop ect possible on everyone?   

What's the most optimal mid screen throw RC for May? The one in the OP doesn't seem to connect consistently. 

I just tested both the Jump Install and the easier version, and they both work. 

Throw (RC) > slight delay Bandit Bringer > dash up cl.S (jump install) > 2HS (super jump cancel) > j.S j.K j.S (jc) > j.S j.HS > HS VV > Knockdown = 147 damage

Throw (RC) > slight delay Bandit Bringer > dash up cl.S > 2HS (JC) > j.S (JC) > j.S j.HS > HS VV > Knockdown = 149 (!) damage

The harder version does less because the Volcanic Viper only gets one hit every time.

If you're having trouble with the Bandit Bringer whiffing over May, you're doing it too early.

And no these definitely aren't optimal. The best Throw RC combos time the hit after the RRC so that the slowdown from the RRC ends, so that the proration of the RRC doesn't kick in.

As an example, in the corner vs May, you can do Throw (RC) > backdash whiff 2S > Fafnir > Gunflame > 2HS (jc)  > j.D j.D > run j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D > HS VV > Knockdown = 203 damage

The backdash whiff 2S is a timing mechanism. You can also still do the Fafnir too early, so you have to delay it a frame or so.

Someone posted a Japanese video with optimal character specific Sol RC throw combos. He gets over 200 damage in the corner off everyone but Bedman, but they involve stuff like throwing your opponent out of the corner and backdashing then buffering a forward dash so you can do a Bandit Bringer that crosses them up so you can do Fafnir that puts them back in the corner. If you don't do the backdash buffer you get a Wild Throw.

Does anyone have any tips on comboing 5S->5HS and continuing the combo after the airdash? Like in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-zyU06mMM#t=4m45s

Sol gets fafnir midscreen, does 5S->5HS, instant airdash P into the corner.

Any tips on getting the timing for the jump-cancelled 5HS? Does it require a super jump? Combo feels almost impossible to me.

Does anyone have any tips on comboing 5S->5HS and continuing the combo after the airdash? Like in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-zyU06mMM#t=4m45s

Sol gets fafnir midscreen, does 5S->5HS, instant airdash P into the corner.

Any tips on getting the timing for the jump-cancelled 5HS? Does it require a super jump? Combo feels almost impossible to me.

It doesn't require a super jump. You have to delay the j.P a frame because it will whiff if you don't. The IAD is just practice. I use the 96 shortcut for IAD combos. If you don't get the IAD, you did the input too early. If it doesn't combo, you did it too late (unless you messed up the j.P timing).

I just tested both the Jump Install and the easier version, and they both work. 

Throw (RC) > slight delay Bandit Bringer > dash up cl.S (jump install) > 2HS (super jump cancel) > j.S j.K j.S (jc) > j.S j.HS > HS VV > Knockdown = 147 damage

Throw (RC) > slight delay Bandit Bringer > dash up cl.S > 2HS (JC) > j.S (JC) > j.S j.HS > HS VV > Knockdown = 149 (!) damage

The harder version does less because the Volcanic Viper only gets one hit every time.

If you're having trouble with the Bandit Bringer whiffing over May, you're doing it too early.

And no these definitely aren't optimal. The best Throw RC combos time the hit after the RRC so that the slowdown from the RRC ends, so that the proration of the RRC doesn't kick in.

As an example, in the corner vs May, you can do Throw (RC) > backdash whiff 2S > Fafnir > Gunflame > 2HS (jc)  > j.D j.D > run j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D > HS VV > Knockdown = 203 damage

The backdash whiff 2S is a timing mechanism. You can also still do the Fafnir too early, so you have to delay it a frame or so.

Someone posted a Japanese video with optimal character specific Sol RC throw combos. He gets over 200 damage in the corner off everyone but Bedman, but they involve stuff like throwing your opponent out of the corner and backdashing then buffering a forward dash so you can do a Bandit Bringer that crosses them up so you can do Fafnir that puts them back in the corner. If you don't do the backdash buffer you get a Wild Throw.

Ok I see. I'm starting to understand the timing. Thanks.

So basically, lights is 1-2 reps, dash jump string into kuda? And for you that string is usually just jump D - kuda?  Sorry I don't have the game or training mode, so I have to think of the stuff mid-match when I get a chance to play.

A few other questions for you combo experts probably clayton.  Is midscreen 5D6 -> J.d jc J.d falling J.d finish with loop ect possible on everyone?   

Didnt try vs everyone but the first part of it works vs everyone I tried. The problem is if you are talking about the combo I do in my video, then doing another jump d, jump d, falling dust, then jump d yadda yadda. Well ya the second part becomes a problem because some characters are to light or their hit boxes are not as favorable. So in that instance it might just be better to find something else to do after the starter, or  maybe even a just jump d, d, to something. I really just put that combo because I felt I needed some more dust loopish combos to keep it from getting boring, and the final link in the combo after the dust loop is a lil' awkward so... being a little harder to do makes the video more interesting and fun lol But im sure there are more optimal combos than that. Again havnt fiddled with to much stuff honestly just trynig to play the game when I have time and not busy with doctor stuff etc.

Yeah your vid is where I got the idea, I was hoping for the old reload combo of Wild throw, run jump D, air dash K D, but since I couldn't get that I was looking for what was next.

I got Wild Throw > 5HS > j.D j.D j.D j.D > run j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D > Break > 6P > BR to work on May. I think it worked on Millia too.

Against Faust, Wild Throw > 5HS > j.D j.D j.D j.D > Fafnir > 6P > (delayed) Gunflame > HS VV > Knockdown was the best damage I found.

Yeah your vid is where I got the idea, I was hoping for the old reload combo of Wild throw, run jump D, air dash K D, but since I couldn't get that I was looking for what was next.

ya that doesnt really seem to work that I tried. I honestly Havnt fiddled with wild throw stuff a lot, but I mean if you were looking for corner carrys from mid screen etc, I know stuff like wild throw, F+p, stand hs, air dash p, k, d, land running jump yadda yadda works. And so does the much more awkward wild throw run jump d, k, jump d, d, land then whatever. There might be some better options though again ive only fiddled with it so much.

I'm trying to figure out this Zato only fuzzy of j.S (jc) j.K j.S j.HS. I'm trying to do it off BR knockdown but the j.HS seems random as anything whether it hits correctly - usually I get pushed out too far to get both hits of j.HS. If I can figure out how to get the fuzzy consistently, I figure this would be extremely cheap against Zato. I can confirm the j.K j.S into a Volcanic Viper, but I don't think you get anything off it besides a knockdown. j.D seems useless here. I've tried j.S (jc) j.P j.S j.HS, and that doesn't seem to work. Any advice?

ya that doesnt really seem to work that I tried. I honestly Havnt fiddled with wild throw stuff a lot, but I mean if you were looking for corner carrys from mid screen etc, I know stuff like wild throw, F+p, stand hs, air dash p, k, d, land running jump yadda yadda works. And so does the much more awkward wild throw run jump d, k, jump d, d, land then whatever. There might be some better options though again ive only fiddled with it so much.

I like both of those, I will try them when I get the game.  Are either of them character specific?

What do I do out of midscreen CH 6P? At certain ranges I can connect BB>Fafnir, but sometimes it's too far, even if I get the wallbounce. Would GV work? Or maybe I should just cancel it instantly to another normal? Any combo routes?