VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

If you are doing DL reps, unless fighting light characters, you are doing something wrong.

The more you avoid j.D, and 6P, the more damage you are going to squeeze out of your combos.

I'm aware they aren't as good, I just happen to get nostalgic when I see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzWn5TZfuM0 just uploading what I have from that second video I was gonna do.. Honestly ive just been to busy was in the hospital etc again wtih another blood clot and I just dont really care about the game. Theres lots of other stuff I want to show that is possible but I just dont have the will to sit down and play it most the time. So heres just uploading what I have.

Does CH 6H > BB > Fafnir > BB in the corner work or character dependent? I seem to have trouble landing the second BB in this chain.

That's gonna be character dependent. It should at least work on Slayer. Will be tougher on the others it works on.

Does CH 6H > BB > Fafnir > BB in the corner work or character dependent? I seem to have trouble landing the second BB in this chain.

Works from starting position on: Everyone but Slayer* and Elphelt**

Works deep in corner on: Sol, Ky, May, Potemkin, Chipp, Faust, Venom, Slayer, Elphelt, Leo

When you're deep in the corner, Fafnir won't connect if performed as quickly as possible on most characters. This is because Fafnir's hitbox is at its highest at the very end of Sol's fist. In these instances, you'll need to alter the timing for either the first Bandit Bringer or Fafnir itself.

*Slayer needs to be about three steps back from starting position.

**Elphelt needs to be any distance back from starting position.

Made a list of range where 2K > 6P combos on a stand blocking opponent. I tested by having them high FD in place in the slightly out from corner training mode reset position. Tried to get as little stick movement as possible either forward or back and count the last "tap" before it stopped comboing. There's some room for error with exactly how long each tap was but this is what I got. It's more important to know who it has pretty much no problems on and who you can't even step back against from that restart position. I spent way too long on this, but tired of having 6P not combo on occasion after neutral jumps or just at range in general in my matches :v:

In order of how lenient the range is (estimates):

PO (11 back)

BE (8 back)

SO, ZA (7 back)

SI (6 back)

FA (5 back)

EL, LE (4 back)

RA, SL (3 back)

KY (2 back)

IN, MA (1 back)

AX, VE (0)

MI (1 forward)

CH (2 forward)

EDIT:

I also tried 2D > BR at range where BR doesn't connect to see who the 2nd hit connects OTG on.

This only happens on Faust and Chipp.

As far as I can tell this is a bad thing because it gives them the option of air teching, so if you can tell BR won't reach after 2D or aren't sure, it's best not to do it.

I want to make a list of 2D > BR range leniency too. For old characters it seems mostly the same.

Fiddled around a few mins last night, and found a more damaging BNB besides the ones ive been doing in my videos. But instead of ending with power dunk, f+p, fireball, f+p, f+hs, dp. You can actually get just do power dunk, fireball, f+p, fireball, DP. Or  power dunk, fireball, s, f+p, f+hs, dp. Does i think 5-7 points more so than the other one. Of course its also awkward in its own right. But still if you were aiming for max damage no meter.

When backed in corner, an alternate side swap close hit VV(RC) combo that works on light weights, and a few medium (though the one in the first post works fine on them already, this method is easier to execute though I think).

VV(RC) > forward jump falling crossup j.K |> 2HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D > Fafnir to usual enders or 1 more rep to lightweight enders.

Works on EL, MA, MI, IN, RA, FA, SL (didn't try Leo or Sin yet, will edit in when I do).

also toying with farther hit VV (RC) > forward jump falling j.S > j.D |> Fafnir as a pretty burst safe route, but they can always burst the j.S so I dunno how often it would work really. Works on light and really tall air hurtbox characters.

Just for completion's sake, I'd note that you can combo IK for 50 tension in the corner off Dust>Homing Dash>IKA IK

This is the almost universal IK combo for any character.

So, I was working on a corner combo that could consistently get at a range where Sol's out of regular throw range but in range for command grab and I think I've got a decent one going.

5K > 6P > 5HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D > Fafnir > (walk forward) 6P > (asap) c.S > (asap) Bandit Revolver > (neutral jump whatever)

It loses damage (does about 180 on full health Sol) but it's pretty easy, and it gives you enough time to jump immediately and make empty 2K meaty or wait a bit and make j.S a safe jump. 

The only trick I've noticed so far is that if when you go for the post neutral jump setups (empty 2K, air dash, etc.) you might need to do a really short run instead of walking before the second 6P or take a step forward/backwards after Bandit Revolver. 

I've tested it on Faust, Sol, Ky, Ram, Sin, and Pot so far and it seems to work well, though I think Pot requires both a short run at the second 6P and a quick step back after Bandit Revolver to get the out of his normal throw range spot. 

Haven't bothered with Ino, Millia, or May since I'm pretty sure no form of j.D, falling j.D > Fafnir works on them.

Any thoughts?  I'm trying to get it to be as simple as possible but with so many different weight classes/body sizes/wake up speeds it's pretty tough to find a version that doesn't require at least a little case by case fine tuning.

Any thoughts?  I'm trying to get it to be as simple as possible but with so many different weight classes/body sizes/wake up speeds it's pretty tough to find a version that doesn't require at least a little case by case fine tuning.

For meterless corner neutral jump outside throw range oki, I was looking at it again the other day and you can actually just do it off the standard Kudakero |> 6P > (delay) BR ender on almost all characters. You just walk back outside throw range then neutral jump after BR. I was able to meaty safejump j.S Sol's reversal HSVV and land outside throw range like this. j.D is also meaty here but not as safe due to extra landing recovery. I am posting from memory so I will double check. Might have confused a bit from my post in Q&A a while back.

I don't think you need to do anything special with spacing or advantage on BR except against the fastest face up wake up characters (Ky 51f, Venom 49f), need to double check Ky though it may just be Venom. Unless you want to get a high advantage GF YRC before the neutral jump. The others I'm pretty sure you can just walk back and there's time to get meaty safejump timing outside throw range.

EDIT:

It's fine on Venom and Ky too actually, just tried it. You just have less time before you need to jump on them.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for... Mortal Counter combos! (Oh, just me?)

While I'm sure everyone's opinions on Danger Time have been made abundantly clear by now, I personally really enjoy Mortal Counter as a "goofy play-around" mechanic, and even more as a destroyer of worlds. If Danger Time doesn't last going into later iterations, I'd still like TEAM RED to keep Mortal Counters in the game in some way, shape or form, although god knows how they could be implemented in regular play without doing ruinous things to the game's already high damage.

The combos shown in the video were routed and tested by me and performed and recorded by VR-Raiden, because let's face it, Guilty Gear Xrd deserves far better than simply pointing a camera at a TV.

Combo #1 - (starting position) MC 2P > 5D > Homing Dash > j.D (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> j.D, falling j.D |> Fafnir, falling j.S > j.K > j.D |> dash j.K > j.S > j.D (JC) > delay j.S > j.D > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi

For Combo #1, the bonus hitstop on Mortal Counter makes MC 2P > 5D possible (CH 2P (RC) > 5D won't combo), and from there it was just seeing what you could get off it from starting position. Potemkin was chosen because you can convert a starting position 5D into a triple j.D rep, then go into a regular D-Loop rep and still land Fafnir on him. It is possible to follow up Fafnir with the usual ender, but this route was chosen for variety, to demonstrate the extreme pushback during the ender, and to see how many Ds you can stick in a combo that starts off a 2P.

Combo #2 - (cornered) MC Fafnir > full screen dash Gun Flame, 5HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> dash j.D, falling j.K (JC) > nj.D > Kudakero |> 6P > 6HS > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi

Combo #2 was added because having a Mortal Counter combo video without MC Fafnir felt like I was doing a disservice. That's literally the only reason. Replacing dash j.D, falling j.K (JC) > nj.D > Kudakero |> 6P > 6HS with dash j.S > j.D (JC) > j.S > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > 5HS deals slightly more damage.

Combo #3 - (cornered) MC Riot Stamp (1) > Aerial Faultless Defense ~ Double Jump > cross-up falling j.D |> dash 5HS/2HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> Fafnir, dash Gun Flame, c.S (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > delay 5HS > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi

Combo #3 is actually pretty interesting, but not for the side switch itself. Normally, you can't cancel MC Riot Stamp (1) into a double jump, but you can cancel it into Faultless Defense and then double jump afterwards. What happens in this combo is that Faultless Defense is buffered during the very start of hitstop, then a jump is inputted immediately afterwards, giving you a double jump at next to no Tension cost. If you're against a character that can be hit by Fafnir, Bandit Bringer deep in the corner, replacing dash Gun Flame, c.S with Bandit Bringer, dash 2HS deals more damage, but there's another instance of Fafnir, Bandit Bringer in Combo #5, so chalk this one up to variety. If you fail to double jump, you still have time to land and perform a deep cross-up j.K, which still has enough hitstun to let you land 6P into your corner combo of choice.

Combo #4 - (cornered) MC 5HS > half screen dash c.S > 5HS > 2HS (JI) > Grand Viper (RC) > air backdash |> Bandit Bringer, Fafnir, dash c.S > 6P > delay 5HS > Bandit Revolver
(2HS accidentally omitted during recording)

For Combo #4, adding the omitted 2HS will allow you to perform the combo from even deeper in the corner. Grand Viper must be Jump Installed to enable the air backdash after Roman Canceling, and getting the maximum amount of hits for Grand Viper is required to land Bandit Bringer without dashing.

Combo #5 - (air backdash from starting position, Axl does Haitaka no Kamae -> Mid or Low) MC HS Volcanic Viper (1) > dash Bandit Bringer, Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, dash 2HS (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > 6HS > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi

Combo #5's premise is pretty obvious, smacking Axl right in the... kusarigama. I just wanted to see what you could get off hitting a decently ranged Haitaka swing, and this was the result. Off CH 6HS, this route deals 274 damage to Sol. Off MC 6HS, you can add a Gun Flame before the first Bandit Bringer to deal 283 damage with minimum Danger Time and 317 with full Danger Time, but if after the second Bandit Bringer you perform Gun Flame, 6P > Gun Flame, (delay) HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi instead, you can get an additional 2 damage, 285 and 319 total. Terrifying.

Edit: Since posting this, a more damaging route has been found. After the second Bandit Bringer, do Gun Flame, 6P > delay 5HS (HJC) > j.D > Kudakero |> HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi. This route does 279 damage off a CH 6HS and 288/324 off a MC 6HS > Gun Flame (min/max Danger Time duration). Replacing delay 5HS (HJC) with Gun Flame deals even more (281 and 292/327 respectively), but is very character specific.

Combo #6 - (starting position) MC 6HS > (dash, delay) Gun Flame, Bandit Bringer, dash j.D, falling j.D |> Fafnir, dash 6P > Dragon Install, (c.S) > 2HS (JC) > j.D > (DI) Kudakero |> (DI) Gun Flame, dash j.D (JC) > j.D > (DI) Kudakero |> (DI) Gun Flame, dash j.D > (DI) Kudakero |> slight delay (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β, dash 5D > Homing Jump > j.P x3 > j.S (JC) > j.D > P.B.B.

Combo #6 was the first MC 6HS combo I messed around with after release. On some characters, doing MC 6HS from starting position will allow the Gun Flame to hit late enough to land Bandit Bringer without moving at all, but Faust is not one of those characters. Doing high air hit Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, Gun Flame, 6P after the first Bandit Bringer is more damaging than the variation listed above. The c.S after activating Dragon Install (or 5K(1) if you're doing the more damaging route) is totally optional, you get the same damage with or without it. Adding the extra normal will make the pick-up after activation easier, but it'll make the dash 5D near the end slightly more difficult due to how strict the Dragon Install duration is. Damage scales to 1 per hit after (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β, hence all the j.Ps after the Homing Jump. This will be a recurring theme of extended Dragon Install combos. If you're going for the more damaging route, omit the final j.D.

Combo #7 - (air backdash from starting position, Axl does Haitaka no Kamae -> Mid or Low) Dragon Install, MC (DI) HS Volcanic Viper (1) > dash (DI) Bandit Bringer, (dash) (DI) Gun Flame, (DI) Bandit Bringer, [(DI) Gun Flame, dash j.D (JC) > j.D > (DI) Kudakero] x2 |> dash [2HS (JI) > (DI) HS Volcanic Viper (RC)] or [2HS (JC) > (DI) Aerial HS Volcanic Viper (RC)] > air dash j.P x2 > j.K > j.D > P.B.B.
(final j.D accidentally omitted during recording)

Combo #7 is an expansion of the premise of Combo #5. The notation I had initially written dictated to Jump Install the 2HS before (DI) HS Volcanic Viper to be able to air dash after the Roman Cancel, but as shown, simply doing an instant (DI) Aerial HS Volcanic Viper works fine, as Aerial Volcanic Viper does not remove air options like its grounded counterpart. This combo works from a lot further back than the video indicates, but it won't connect properly if you're an entire screen length apart. If Axl is full screen away and he throws a mid, the first hit of (DI) HS Volcanic Viper will whiff and the second hit will Mortal Counter instead.

Combo #8 - (corner, Sol at 20% life) Dragon Install, Gold Burst, MC (DI) HS Volcanic Viper (1) > [(DI) Gun Flame, (DI) Bandit Bringer] x2, delay 5HS > (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β, Instant Kill Mode (Gold), (DI) Branding Breach

Combo #8 is the reason I came up with this video in the first place. When the game was first released in arcades and I found out about the effects of Mortal Counter, I figured that a death combo like this would be possible, especially considering how powerful Hell Fire (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β is. When testing the combo out, I found that it worked, but ultimately came to the conclusion that it was too mundane to show off by itself, so I decided to "pad it out" with some other Mortal Counter combos. The Gold Burst is simply to demonstrate that this sequence is technically possible outside of Training Mode. (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β must hit low enough for all 16 hits to connect in order to maximise damage and ensure the wall stick slump. This combo (following the Gold Burst) can also be performed from starting position.

With minimum Danger Time duration, this combo kills Millia and Chipp. With maximum Danger Time duration, this combo kills any character with a defense modifier of 1.00 and a Guts Rating of 0 (Faust, Elphelt), any character with a defense modifier of 1.03 and a Guts Rating of 1 or less (Venom), and any character with a lower defense modifier regardless of Guts Rating. Venom is the character that it works on by the smallest margin, with only 4 points of surplus damage over the required amount. If you were to omit the Gold Burst, you could do a dash 5D > Homing Dash and then enter Instant Kill Mode (Gold), which would make the combo possible on Ky despite his Guts Rating of 2. He falls short by 1 point of damage otherwise.

Combo #9 - (corner, Sol at 20% life) Dragon Install, MC (DI) HS Volcanic Viper (1) > [(DI) Gun Flame, (DI) Bandit Bringer] x2, delay 5HS > (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β, dash 5HS > (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β, dash 2P x4 > c.S/f.S > 5HS > (DI) Grand Viper

Combo #9 came about when I casually did another (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β and saw how little remaining life the opponent had afterwards. Unlike Combo #8, this combo is strictly Training Mode only, as there isn't enough time to throw in a Gold Burst or otherwise build the additional 50% Tension required before the second (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β. As with Combo #8, both instances of (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β must connect with all 16 hits, although gravity does most of the work for you for the second one. This combo deals exactly 420 damage to Slayer with maximum Danger Time duration. With minimum Danger Time duration, this combo will deal over 420 damage to Millia, Zato and Chipp. This combo can also be performed from starting position.

Bonus Combo #10 -  (corner) c.S > 6P > delay Gun Flame, 5HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> Fafnir, dash 6P > 5HS (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > (delay) Bandit Revolver, Dragon Install, OTG 2K > c.S (JC) > P.B.B. (opponent techs, reset) (RC) > air dash j.D > (DI) Kudakero |> (DI) Gun Flame, (DI) Bandit Bringer x2, (dash) 5HS > 2HS (JC) > j.D > P.B.B.

Bonus Combo #10 is simply a sequence that I thought looked cool. If timed and positioned correctly, P.B.B. can catch any direction of air recovery if the opponent techs immediately. If they don't tech the OTG, Sol still has initiative on the opponent's wake-up. The combo post-reset may look a bit simple, but the more you add, the less it does. The combo builds a good amount of Tension, and the reset into P.B.B. contributes a large chunk all by itself. In case you're wondering, Ky starts at 70% life, and Sol starts with 46% Tension.

Edit: This sequence will deal significantly more damage if the Ver.1.10 location test changes stick.

What I said a while back about WT > delay dash j.D failing on Elphelt, Ky, Millia, Zato isn't true. You can do it on them, you just have less time to delay your dash. So it works on them, but you can't get as good corner carry.

Team sol combo masters!

What's the best I can get, when I am cornered, off a 5s max range versus venom, 50% meter? Too far for the 5h to link.

I think highest damage you can get there is f.S (RC) > dash c.S > 5HS > GV.

f.S (RC) > dash 5K > c.S > 2D > BR or HSVV->TO will do a bit less but doesn’t involve GV so it's safer if they have Burst.

f.S (RC) > IAD j.S > j.HS |> 5K > 2D > BR or HSVV->TO will do more than previous combo but requires stand hit.

Just going by what was listed in first post right now. Other than that I could see using 6P > 5HS (JC) > IAD j.P being used, either after dash 5K or after IAD j.S > j.HS. Might result in best corner carry besides GV.

IAD j.S > j.D |> (dash f.S) > 5HS (JC) > IAD j.P may work too. I'll have to look at this later.

I think highest damage you can get there is f.S (RC) > dash c.S > 5HS > GV.

132 damage, but doesn't work from very tip of far S range. There, you have to substitute 5K for cl.S.

f.S (RC) > dash 5K > c.S > 2D > BR or HSVV->TO will do a bit less but doesn’t involve GV so it's safer if they have Burst.

102 damage with Bandit Revolver. You can replace cl.S with 2HS for 106 damage.

f.S (RC) > IAD j.S > j.HS |> 5K > 2D > BR or HSVV->TO will do more than previous combo but requires stand hit.

118 damage, 126 if you replace 5K(1) with cl.S.

Just going by what was listed in first post right now. Other than that I could see using 6P > 5HS (JC) > IAD j.P being used, either after dash 5K or after IAD j.S > j.HS. Might result in best corner carry besides GV.

Far S RRC > cl.S 6P 5HS (jc) > IAD j.P j.HS (1) > VV > Knockdown = 126 Damage

IAD j.S > j.D |> (dash f.S) > 5HS (JC) > IAD j.P may work too. I'll have to look at this later.

Usually j.D will whiff after j.S combos. Even if it works, they're too far away after 5HS to IAD j.P. I tried doing 5HS raw without dashing after j.D, same problem.

Note that far S RRC > Fafnir combos, so if you're close enough to the corner to pick up a combo, that's definitely optimal.

f.S RRC > Fafnir > dash f.S 5HS (jc) IAD j.P j.HS(1) > VV > Knockdown = 145 Damage

f.S RRC > Fafnir > dash f.S 2HS (jc) > j.D j.D > run jump j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D > VV > Knockdown = 188 Damage

f.S RRC > Fafnir > dash f.S 2HS (jc) > j.D j.D > run jump j.D j.K (jC) > j.D Break > 6P BR = 186 Damage.

Can you get some Gunflame RC variant, into like dash forwards s h BB?

Not according to my testing a minute ago. f.S GF RRC f.S > BB will combo, but you can't do any dashing at all whatsoever, meaning that you have to be pretty far into f.S range to do it. If you're at the tip of the range, the second f.S won't combo into Gunflame anyway. It seems to work at an extremely specific spacing where even having the opponent standing versus crouching could ruin your combo spacing.

At this point, you're already in range to gatling to 5HS, so you might as well do far S 5HS > Bandit Bringer.

Trying to practice the f.S>5HS>RC>dash 5K and it seem's like from a max range f.S that the air VV seems to wiff entirely? Is it not possible to dash up far enough to get right under them with 5K from max range f.S?