VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

Trying to practice the f.S>5HS>RC>dash 5K and it seem's like from a max range f.S that the air VV seems to wiff entirely? Is it not possible to dash up far enough to get right under them with 5K from max range f.S?

I have to test it later so I can't say for certain but I don't think it is. Not unless its a counter hit. I think you have to use c.S instead.

Sorry, I made a mistake. The combo is actually:

f.S>5HS>RC>BB>dash 5K>2HS(jc)>j.S>dj.S>j.HS>VV

I can't seem to get right under them after Bandit Bringer when I do the combo from max range and it causes the air VV to wiff. 

Sorry, I made a mistake. The combo is actually:

f.S>5HS>RC>BB>dash 5K>2HS(jc)>j.S>dj.S>j.HS>VV

I can't seem to get right under them after Bandit Bringer when I do the combo from max range and it causes the air VV to wiff. 

VV can be space dependent sometimes. Even though HS tends to be the more reliable one, you can the S-version to get both hits and the TO follow-up. If you land jHS, VV for the most part shouldn't be whiffing at all; maybe you'll whiff one hit (and you can still TO) or you'll be too far to do TO regardless.  

VV can be space dependent sometimes. Even though HS tends to be the more reliable one, you can the S-version to get both hits and the TO follow-up. If you land jHS, VV for the most part shouldn't be whiffing at all; maybe you'll whiff one hit (and you can still TO) or you'll be too far to do TO regardless.  

Ugh yeah, I'm tired. TO whiffs, as you said I seem to be too far to hit it. The combo loses quite a bit of usefulness if it cannot be done at max f.S range. 

Ugh yeah, I'm tired. TO whiffs, as you said I seem to be too far to hit it. The combo loses quite a bit of usefulness if it cannot be done at max f.S range. 

Try doing jHS and after the first hit, S-version of VV. I'll PM you with specifics tomorrow since I don't have time to test it at the moment if you still have trouble with it.

EDIT: Just tested it because it'd bother me tomorrow at work if I didn't. Assuming you start at midscreen, if you're close enough when you start the aerial component of the combo, you can HS VV 1-hit into TO. If you're too far, you'll miss completely. From starting P1 position, I have to move forward ever so slightly to connect the 5HS at max range. I get 166 on Sol and a knockdown in the corner. If I'm too far when I connect with 5K (1), the TO whiffs. So just make sure you're as close as possible when you start the aerial chain route, do HS VV (1) > TO.

Try doing jHS and after the first hit, S-version of VV. I'll PM you with specifics tomorrow since I don't have time to test it at the moment if you still have trouble with it.

EDIT: Just tested it because it'd bother me tomorrow at work if I didn't. If you're near corner, it becomes heavily positioning/space dependent. If you're close enough when you start the aerial component of the combo, you can HS VV 1-hit into TO. If you're too far, you'll miss completely. From starting P1 position, I have to move forward ever so slightly to connect the 5HS at max range. I get 166 on Sol and a knockdown in the corner.

Near corner you can go a different route with BB>Fafnir, but I'm talking about mid screen or with your back to the corner. What I want to know is if it is possible to dash all the way up after Bandit Bringer to land 5K close enough to allow the aerial component to connect properly from a max range f.S. I feel like I'm maybe dashing too late which allows them to tech but I cannot for the life of me seem to get it. 

Near corner you can go a different route with BB>Fafnir, but I'm talking about mid screen or with your back to the corner. What I want to know is if it is possible to dash all the way up after Bandit Bringer to land 5K close enough to allow the aerial component to connect properly from a max range f.S. I feel like I'm maybe dashing too late which allows them to tech but I cannot for the life of me seem to get it. 

I don't think it works at max max range. You have to do it slightly under less (like the spacing shown in VR-Raiden's video for the combo). At max max range you can do fS > RC 5HS > Dash 5K > cS > 2D > VV. It's only 138 but it's the only thing I know at the maximum possible fS > 5HS range and it still nets you the knockdown. The rest of this discussion should go in Q&A or GD thread so Ultima and Raiden don't put me in the box.

At max range from 5S 5HS RRC Bandit Bringer, you can do dashing far S 5HS IAD j.P j.HS (1) > S Volcanic Viper > Knockdown. That's your only option for knockdown really besides just doing raw Fafnir and tech chasing.

In the hypothetical situation that you had the 50% Tension necessary after Blitz Shield, Dragon Install to do either of the above (unfortunately, even with P.B.B.'s not inconsiderable Tension Gain, you end up just a little short), a P.B.B. (RC) combo would probably be more beneficial outside of the corner or near-corner just because you'd be able to put the opponent in the corner (even from the opposite corner) and exit Dragon Install safely, assuming of course that they either have no Burst or choose not to Burst. The damage isn't all that much different either. It's kind of annoying to do though, you require a lowest possible P.B.B to land it on a grounded opponent, which can be a bit awkward when you're not buffering it from a jump cancelable normal.

But hey, come Ver.1.10, P.B.B.'s gonna hurt like hell, so not getting a combo off it isn't a huge deal.

It's tricky and takes practice. You need to input the jump cancel and high jump airdash during the hitstop of 5HS. Then ever so slightly delay the j.K input, it can't come out immediately from airdash. My personal favorite weird input is 1478956. Others like 36956. In reality all you'd need is something like 1956 but I think rolling around makes it easier to input quickly. Practice with j.P first then learn j.K timing.

Max dustloop rep stuff, the old Bonchan combo vid had some of that. Check vid thread or 2nd post in here.

Sendu vids are linked in vid thread, 1st post combo vids, you can get to his channel from there.

You can also do 2866. This works for a lot of IAD links and can be a bit more comfortable for some people. You can buffer the 28 and on the hitspark of 5HS > 66 > jK. Surprisingly easy to do as well.

New to Dustloop, first time posting anything...just saiyan.

Anyways, I dunno if this was done before, but I made these two midscreen DI combos.

From Wild Throw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0HldymGDo

From counter hit 6HS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqatOd8FYk8

I'm still working on a DI wall to wall combo, but not sure what I can do when I reach the other wall.

An alternative WT combo into DI. Deals more damage and uses P.B.B. as a safe ender:

WT > (DI activation) > c.S, 2HS, jc.S, jc.S, j.HS (1 hit), Break > BB > GF > sj.D, Break > TR > dash j.K, j.S, j.D, P.B.B. [227 dmg]

The transition into DI from 6HS is really cool, but not very practical.

You can shave 270 easily without spending meter from a CH 6HS anyway, and confirming into DI mid-match doesn't look very reliable.

As for corner carry in DI, Ground Viper is the way to go (the following combo starts with your back right against the corner):

(DI activation) > c.S, HS, GV (no extra hits), c.S, HS, iad.P, j.HS (1 hit), Break > dash HS, TR > iad.S, j.K, j.D, P.B.B. [276 dmg]

PS: Welcome to the forum.

I found a sick meterless CH 5HS corner (near corner) combo that does great damage (230+ on Sol, I'll check the numbers when I have the time). It's a great alternative to max range CH 5HS just going into GV in the corner. I haven't seen anyone post anything like this, so I hope I'm not just repeating stuff.

It worked mid-match on I-No, Sol, Ky, Sin and Potemkin, so I assume there won't be character specific problems (Venom and Zato maybe?)

This requires a max range CH 5HS (or slightly below max range, but basically requires you to hit with the very tip of the sword). Crouching makes it easier, but it works on standing. It's rather tight, but the damage is worth it.

Max range CH 5HS>GF>Fafnir>6P>5HS>j.D>Kudakero>HSVV>TO

Sol's Gunflame animation ends just after it hits (hence the distance requirement), with the GF hitstun lasting long enough to blast them with a Fafnir and follow up.

I'm not sure if you can go for the 6P>BR ender here, might be too long (by the time you get to 6P>5HS it's already too long to get a Dustloop), I coudn't get it, but I haven't really tried this combo in training too much. Really worth it, builds great meter and does great damage. Combo length makes the VV>TO ender space pretty well for GF YRC oki too.

In light of a recent match video, it has been drawn to my attention that a route that I had previously considered optimal off early confirms into Fafnir, Bandit Bringer was in fact, sub-optimal. The following routes lead to greater damage:

(near-corner) ..., Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, Gun Flame, 6P > delay 5HS/2HS (HJC), j.D > Kudakero |> HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi (works longer)
(near-corner) ..., Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, Gun Flame, 6P > Gun Flame, j.D > Kudakero |> HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi (max damage)

Off a CH 6HS > Bandit Bringer, the above routes deal 279 and 281 damage to Sol respectively and both build 46% Tension.

The max damage route only works off very early confirms into Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, although it also works if you do Fafnir straight into dash Gun Flame, so it's a good alternative against characters that can't be hit by corner air hit Fafnir into Bandit Bringer or against Slayer, who always hits the ground before the first Gun Flame after Bandit Bringer. Gun Flame, 6P > Gun Flame will whiff on lightweights, and landing the j.D afterwards doesn't work on most other characters because of when the second Gun Flame hits them. I know it works on both Sol and Zato off the optimal starter though.

There are also limitations with the first, more versatile route. Attempting the full combo off CH 2HS > Bandit Bringer x2 for instance, prevents you from landing the HS Volcanic Viper at the end, which is a shame considering how much damage that could've done with the removed proration in Ver.1.10. Confirms into Gun Flame (RC) > f.S > Bandit Bringer will vary based on hit count, as too many hits will make the Gun Flame after the last Bandit Bringer OTG. The same will happen with Grand Viper (RC) unless you land it without mashing. You need to use 2HS instead of 5HS on lightweights and on Sin. I-No and Venom will not get hit by Kudakero.

So I was messing around in the lab, doing some midscreen Dust shenanigans. Figured out you could Dragon Install on the rising portion of his Dust, connect a j.K and go into P.B.B., if you've got 100 tension, you can RC the last hit of P.B.B. and actually follow it up with a full DI combo.

I managed to get 202 damage off of it into a P.B.B. ender. Seems like you can do way more damage than that, but I've yet to figure out what else can be done before DI runs out.

I'll put the notations to my combo here, also, this was done on Zato:

Dust > DI (input as you see Sol rise off the ground) > j.K > P.B.B. > RC > Kudakero (delayed slightly) > BB > BB > 5HS > 2HS > j.D > P.B.B.

It's not very difficult to pull off or anything either. So, hopefully this is something to add to Sol's arsenal.

Edit: 4/21/2015 - Adding a few more things on to this post.

After doing the set up many times, I realized there is absolutely no way the opponent can Burst out of it safely.

What happens when the opponent Bursts during the DI animation? Well, the Burst completely misses Sol due to the invincibility on DI. Now apply that to the Dust combo and you get a set up the opponent cannot get out of:

Let's say you get the Dust to hit, you DI during the rising portion like stated, the opponent Bursts, your DI animation completely ignores the Burst, next thing that happens is you fall straight down before the opponent does, and this leads to an easy punish as the opponent falls after you.

Let's say the opponent decides to Burst after the DI animation. Well, they can't. Doing j.K into P.B.B. leads into you grabbing the opponent right out of their Burst! So, no matter what, they absolutely cannot escape this set up. Especially since the combo that follows from RC-ing leaves the opponent really high up, so even if they choose to Burst at any point after P.B.B. you'll always be able to see it and punish them for doing so.

The best part is, if they DO decide to Burst immediately after the Dust animation is over, doing DI and punishing it will net you a pretty high DI combo that will make them regret ever doing so. This also saves you 50% Tension since you didn't have to go into P.B.B. then RC. Which you can then use to either end your combo with, or go into P.B.B.

I don't remember if this was ever mentioned but you can do a sorta burst safe confirm off VV (RC) at the right distance to corner.

VV (RC) > forward jump falling j.S > j.D > Fafnir > BB etc.

They can burst with a very specific timing when you j.S, otherwise you will block or dodge burst at any time before doing BB. Haven't noticed anyone that it fails on yet. It's pretty much just like the one off WT on Axl, Potemkin, Sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loI7gT3tXI

Showing that WT will combo to gold activation IK without need for RC . This only works on the light characters (May, Millia, I-no, Ramlethal, Elphelt) and is very tight.

I remember this being discussed before but not sure if it was confirmed. When I tried it back then I gave up too fast.

Showing that WT will combo to gold activation IK without need for RC . This only works on the light characters (May, Millia, I-no, Ramlethal, Elphelt) and is very tight.

I remember this being discussed before but not sure if it was confirmed. When I tried it back then I gave up too fast.

I had a conversation about this at Northwest Majors this weekend. Nobody believed that you could do it straight off WT lol.

I don't remember if this was ever mentioned but you can do a sorta burst safe confirm off VV (RC) at the right distance to corner.

VV (RC) > forward jump falling j.S > j.D > Fafnir > BB etc.

They can burst with a very specific timing when you j.S, otherwise you will block or dodge burst at any time before doing BB. Haven't noticed anyone that it fails on yet. It's pretty much just like the one off WT on Axl, Potemkin, Sin.

This doesn't seem to work on Elphelt, Ky, Millia, Venom, and Zato. I attempted it multiple times, and it seems like falling j.S doesn't connect properly, and when I do get it to connect, I'm too low for j.D to come out. I don't have Leo, so I don't know if it works on him, but I feel like it would. Other than the characters I mentioned, it seems to work fine on everyone else.

FYI this works on everyone. Proof of concept video to come later.

On the subject of IK combos, I've recently been working on some stuff that makes IK combos work when the opponent is between 30% - 40% HP, dependent on defense modifiers. These work with 100 meter, and concern Kudakero(2) (RC) > IK Mode, Fafnir, BBreach.

It is also easier to land outside of [Fafnir, IK mode, IK], and works after much higher scaling, meaning that you can do more damage beforehand and get it to work as long as the opponent hits the 10% HP mark anywhere up to and including the second hit of Kudakero (even if a combo contains more than one).

First, this involves a corner BnB which simply uses an early 6P > Gunflame in order to increase damage, which is necessary for the previous discovery of the Millia specific BnB. The reason is for maximizing damage.

General Version:

5K/c.S > 6P, Gunflame, 5H (JC) > j.D, j.D |> Fafnir, dash 6P > 5H (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 6P > [6H, or (5H) > BR] (~230 on Sol)

Lighweight Version:

5K/c.S > 6P, Gunflame, 5H (JC) > j.D, j.D |> delay dash j.D (slight delay, neutral dj.D) > Kudakero |> 6P > [6H, or (5H) > BR] (~228 on Ino)

Millia Specific Version:

5K/c.S > 6P, Gunflame, 5H (HJC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 5H (JC) > j.D, j.D |> Fafnir, dash 6P > [6H, or (5H) > BR] (250+)

Now for the IK version. Note that this can work in essentially any combo where the following conditions are met:

(A). You have 100 meter by the time after Kudakero connects both hits anywhere near the corner.

(B). The opponent was between 30-40% before the combo started. It can be less, if necessary, obviously.

Here's how it works:

5K/c.S > 6P, Gunflame, 5H (JC) > j.D, j.D |> delay dash j.D, [(j.K (JC) j.D) or for lightweights, optional (delay (NJC) j.D)] > Kudakero(2) (RC) > Fafnir > IK

Kudakero(2) RC gives you enough time to IK mode immediately after the RC, and then follow up with a Fafnir. Since you're already in IK mode, the IK during Fafnir tumble is incredibly easy and can essentially guarantee a kill near the corner if you start with around 75% tension +/- 5. You can also start with [j.S |> 6P, Gunflame], or a few filler normals into confirms at the start, if necessary, though the damage will scale and make the combo a little less potent.

This is useful for closing games where the opponent is at an HP that would normally require another knockdown and mixup, and can give you the game.

Enjoy.