VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

Not sure if it's been listed somewhere just yet, what is the optimal (or near-optimal) combo vs. characters that Fafnir > BB doesn't connect on? Particularly I-no where Fafnir > dashing GF > 5S > Kudakero doesn't connect. I don't want to lose out on the stun and would like to know what you guys have been doing. JP vids I've been checking for usually just do air combo ender.

If they are too high for those situations (light characters, etc. ) then yea just get knockdown. Not worth the drop

Not sure if it's been listed somewhere just yet, what is the optimal (or near-optimal) combo vs. characters that Fafnir > BB doesn't connect on? Particularly I-no where Fafnir > dashing GF > 5S > Kudakero doesn't connect. I don't want to lose out on the stun and would like to know what you guys have been doing. JP vids I've been checking for usually just do air combo ender.

On Millia there's an easy answer, from that vid posted a few posts back:

(VS Millia, corner) c.S > 6P > delay Gun Flame, 5HS (HJC) > j.D > Kudakero |> 5HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> Fafnir, dash c.S > 6P > 6HS > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi

That route will work well at any times you are deep in corner or haven't added enough pushback before needing to Fafnir.

On I-no and May I typically still just do simple dustloop to air VV for consistency's sake but you can play games with delaying jump cancels and neutral/forward jumps to get Kudakero to connect, either both hits or 1st hit only into 5K link.

If you manage to be not too deep (WT starter for example) for Fafnir to connect on them, I think optimal (outside of height specific Fafnir > BB on Millia/May) is Fafnir > dashing GF > 6P > delay 2HS(HJC) > j.D > Kudakero > ender.

On that note I'm currently working on a vid and organized table gathering all Fafnir BB link info for midscreen and corner. There are a bunch of weird cases. The 2nd character specifics reference thread post is also more updated on that now.

Hmm, okay, thank you! I've doing the air combo ender also and wondering if I was missing something but I guess not :( Too inconsistent to get the height right off most confirms.

I just wanted to. Fast, easy hit confirm, etc. This isn't a huge vast video, I will make one of those in the future though.

Hey I'm a beginner Sol player, and I'm having a lot of trouble doing the most basic dustloop. I would do 6P 5H jD (falling) jD Fafnir, but the training dummy seems to be able to tech just right before my fafnir hits. This happens 50% of the time when I attempt the combo, and I am having a lot of trouble pinpointing the problem or reason this happens. I suspect it might be because I am landing the second jD too far above the ground, but I am still having trouble finding a way to do the combo consistently.

Do you guys have any strategies or tips to be able to land the combo?

Slightly delay Fafnir helps. Keep in mind that this combo can be a problem on certain character (Lightweights), like Millia, I-no and May.

CH 5HS > IAD > j.S > j.HS(2) > c.S/5K > 6P > 5HS > j.D > j.D... does not seem to work as a corner combo. The opponent can tech after the first j.D. Sometimes cutting it short into a knockdown with something like 2D > Bandit Revolver can be a problem due to pushback (does not apply to large hurtbox characters).

So after a few hours of labbing, I came up with a different method for ending the corner combo off CH HS. I got the idea after seeing a Millia specific combo posted by Final Ultima in an early post. Probably not the most optimal, but I couldn't think of anything else to end the confirm on a good note.

Anyways, here it is:

[Corner] CH 5HS > IAD > j.S > j.HS(2), c.S/5K > 6P > Gunflame > 5HS > IAD > j.P > j.K > HS-Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi.

Does 203 damage. Also, Gunflame can be delayed if it suits anyone's liking, and does not affect the combo in any way.

Video: https://youtu.be/bK868i8oZIk

Untechable time decay prevents D-Loops from working after a certain amount of time in hitstun, but if you're close enough to the corner to get 6P > Gun Flame, you can just replace j.HS with j.D and cut out the middle man altogether. That should allow you to relaunch quickly enough to land the D-Loop rep into a full conversion, resulting in about 240-250 damage on Sol depending on how optimal the ensuing combo is.

Untechable time decay prevents D-Loops from working after a certain amount of time in hitstun, but if you're close enough to the corner to get 6P > Gun Flame, you can just replace j.HS with j.D and cut out the middle man altogether. That should allow you to relaunch quickly enough to land the D-Loop rep into a full conversion, resulting in about 240-250 damage on Sol depending on how optimal the ensuing combo is.

Thanks! I'll get to labbing on that some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOa48rfSjFw

Far range midscreen CH 2D confirm on Bedman. You can adjust the air combo for more damage but the one I show ensures you don't put yourself in corner. This combo sorta works on some others (non light weights), but it's by far the most consistent on Bedman from what I know so far. On others if they're being brought into corner it is more lenient, and you can end with Kudakero stuff.

Oh yes, seeing this makes me realize I always miss out on so much damage (and knockdowns) that it makes me feel like a scrub. Sol is now a abare-damage-stun-carry monster, and damn, does it all look good too. Time to step up and practice. 

Also, has anyone had any luck landing a dustloop>Fafnir>dash GF>c.S>j.D>Kudakero>ender if the starter was a run in CH 2D>Gunflame>5HS>2HS (EDIT:This was supposed to be 5HS/2HS, as in either one, sorry about that)? I can't, for the life of mine, seem to dash in close enough before the enemy recovers from the Fafnir. For the record, I do dash Gunflame with 6236P. It usually works fine for these extensions. 

I'm wondering if the 5Hs> 2Hs prorates the combo too hard and it just drops sooner

I wrote that down bad, I meant either 5HS or 2HS, sorry about that. 

Proration and other scaling factors have no effect on untechable time decay. It's all on a timer. CH 2D > Gun Flame, 5HS/2HS takes considerably longer than say, 5K > 6P > delay 5HS/2HS, so landing the dash Gun Flame becomes much tighter, although still possible. You just need a high air hit Fafnir and a prompt dash Gun Flame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2je9oxJbi8 CH VV(RC) sideswap combos

- 1st combo is more burst safe but requires more specific spacing, it uses a dashing neutral jump j.K.

- 2nd combo is a lot like this old one, but uses dashing GF (66236P or preferrably 2366P) to make it work from farther range and make cross under more lenient: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsOKTw6HAM

Edited by VR-Raiden