VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

So I found a little side switch combo off Sol's throw while facing away from the corner. It's useful in those scenarios where you get a throw on the opponent but didn't mean to move them away from the corner. Essentially you could just jump over them and pressure from the correct side, but I found you can delay an RC after a throw, then run Gunflame, and the base of where the first flame starts will hit the opponent while side switching them. From here, you can start your Dustloop reps.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FKwyTRkEw

I came back to Xrd after taking a brief hiatus, and had an idea after watching Mugen vs Kabegiwa with corner crossup setups. Mugen was occasionally mixing in BB (YRC) post corner crossup setup, but I don't remember off the top of my head what his followup to it was. It simply wasn't doing that much damage, though, so I came up with this (against standing opponents):

https://twitter.com/DQRF52/status/635192669963026432

Crossup into corner j.K |> 2H RS, airdash (crossunder) j.D |> Fafnir,
> BB, dash 2H (jc) j.D Kudakero |> 6P (,) 6H  {253 on Sol}
> BB, dash j.K j.D Kudakero |> 6P (,) 6H  {281 on Millia}
> BB, dash 6P c.S 6P (,) 6H  {261 on Zato}
> Airdash j.S j.K, j.D |> dash j.D Kudakero |> 6P (,) 6H  {240 on Sol}
> dash 6P, 5H (jc) j.D Kudakero |> 6P (,) 6H  {240 on Sol}
> dash f.S 5H (hjiad) j.P j.H HVV  {224 on Sol}
> Airdash j.S j.K, j.D |> Fafnir, dash 5K/c.S 6P (,) 6H  {260 on Zato/Ram. Works on Leo...still testing for compatibility}

Works on Sol, Ky, Millia, Zato, Venom, Slayer, I-no, Bedman, Ram, Sin, and Leo.

It's pretty high damage for a corner crossup setup and leads back into it guaranteed, unlike the wonky results I got from [oki GF YRC IAD |> dash under 5K (jc) j.K dj.D, j.D |> j.D dj.D Kudakero...]. It doesn't work on everybody because the RS won't connect against short characters or ones who lean back too far when hit (Faust, Chipp, May, Axl, Pot, Elphelt. It doesn't matter how deep you hit the j.K, 2H > RS won't connect :().

It has varying ranges of difficulty, in that certain characters require the j.K be as close to the ground as possible, while others it doesn't matter as long as the 2H combos. Certain characters' reeling animations can make the RS fail to combo.

Lenient: I-no, Bedman, Sin, Leo
Moderate: Sol, Venom, Slayer
Difficult: Ky, Millia
Extremely difficult: Ram (You pretty much need to be right off the ground with j.K)

What makes this nasty is how you can set it up. Post 6H GF Feint, you can immediately follow with BR YRC. this makes the crossup extremely difficulty to react to.If Sol started the BR from a moderate distance, as the opponent wakes up, Sol will not have crossed up the opponent yet, but he will generally be positioned on the other side within moments of the opponent losing their wakeup invulnerability. This, combined with the ability to negate the crossup by not delaying the 6P > 6H knockdown, makes this a potentially horrifying threat when Sol puts the opponent in the corner.

Alas, the setup loses to mashing faster anti airs (Sol's 5K will beat it), autocorrected reversals (haven't been able to test this. Also fuck you Leo), and to BS. You can beat BS attempts by doing empty jump 5K/2K > 2H > RS, and it'll lead to the same followups, though obviously prorated (Use 5K if they don't predict the crossup, 2K to beat BS). But this comes with the added benefit of working on the additions of Faust, Axl, Pot, and Elphelt. If that doesn't seem like enough incentive, the characters that the j.K setup fails on will still work if you spend 50% to RC the 2H into Riot Stomp.

I still think this is pretty insane for a corner crossup, especially since it puts them back in the corner after wallbouncing them on the other end of the screen (as with standard RS crossunder combos, but how many of those start with an ambiguous crossup?)

I'd like to make a video of this to make it clearer, but I don't have any recording equipment. Fortunately, I've got a little extra income, so I may purchase such a device soonish.

Have fun.

EDIT: Something stupid I discovered, but j.K 2D RS works on May. Problem is, since she's already airborne by the time RS connects, she gets launched so high that the best you can follow up with is airdash j.H HVV(1). It's damage, but it doesn't put her back in the corner.

Edited by Kaizen
Adding some discovered optimal combos, moved video link to top of post.

I heard that the new Max Damage route was performed by Daigo and I experimented a bit with it. Big problem is that it doesnt work on all characters (it nearly does with maybe 3-5 with the general concept) so I tried to experiment what I found was the most damaging route when taking Daigos Combo in his matches against Ogawa as a base. The results:

Combo goes like this:
c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jD Divekick 6P VV

Works against:
Sol 228Dmg
Zato 243DMG
Elphelt 229DMG (needs to forfeit last 6P; needs to walk back before gunflame)

Variation:
Sol c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jK jD Divekick VV [228DMG]
Bedman c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jK jD Divekick VV [212Dmg]
Leo c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jK jD Divekick VV [227Dmg]
Faust c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jK jD Divekick VV [268Dmg]
Slayer c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jD VV [217Dmg]
Ino c.S 6P 5H njD njD fafnir GF 6P 2H jD VV [229Dmg]
Axl c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P 5H jK jD Divekick VV [233Dmg]
Venom c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF VV [222Dmg]
Chipp: c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P 5H jD 214K 6P 6H [278Dmg]
Potemkin: c.S 6P 5H njD njD fafnir BB GF 6P GF cS VV [216Dmg]
Ram c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P VV [221Dmg]
Millia: c.S 6P link c.S njD jD fafnir GF 6P 6H [249Dmg]

Doesnt work against/not bothered to experiment enough yet:
Ky
May (Some potential for work arounds though)

And now I sincerely hope this was worth the effort, was damn tiring to find all that stuff for every character ;__;

The thing is that it works on a lot of the characters you listed there, and almost always leads to more damage. I'll use Sol as the easiest example.

c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir GF 6P GF jD Divekick 6P VV does 229 on Sol

c.S 6P 5H jD jD fafnir BB GF 6P GF VV does 234 on Sol

Stuff like this is possible on several characters. It's just a lot easier to do GF after Fafnir due to the leniency of hitting GF after Fafnir's tumble. BB requires more precise timing.

At the end of the day though, we're talking about differences of a handful of points. This stuff only becomes relevant when you're trying to KO someone at the end of a round, and then you have to deal with Guts screwing everything up. Find something you can execute consistently and do that.

Edited by TITANIUM BEAST!!!

Off a regular starter, the optimal route in the corner is typically combo into Fafnir, Bandit Bringer > Gun Flame, 6P > delay 5HS/2HS (HJC) > j.D > Kudakero |> HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi, as the length of time it takes you to gatling into a D-Loop rep and then Fafnir prevents you from getting 6P after Kudakero or landing anything better than raw HS Volcanic Viper off a Fafnir, Bandit Bringer into double Gun Flame. May, Millia, Axl, Slayer and Bedman won't let you land Gun Flame after Bandit Bringer in the corner, so for them you just want to do dash 2HS (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> ender of choice.

If you're using a slightly shorter starter, say Bukkirabou ni Nageru into cross-under 5HS/2HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D, you'll be able to land j.K after a Fafnir, Bandit Bringer into double Gun Flame on specific characters, namely Sol, Faust or Leo (Chipp too, but the ensuing combo will drop). In that situation, doing Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, Gun Flame, 6P > Gun Flame, j.K (JC) > j.D > Kudakero |> HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi is very slightly more optimal. The less time it takes from putting the opponent in hitstun to landing Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, the more you get to do. Instead of j.K, you start being able to land dash j.K/2HS, and beyond that, j.D.

When you start talking about the more immediate instances of Fafnir, Bandit Bringer, well... let's just say that we've been on top of things for a while.

I believe 6P> 6HS> HSVV ender would enable you to inflict more damage, no?

If you can connect with it, then yes, but it's tough depending on the combo and sometimes impossible.

That and 6HS knockdown gives some interesting mixup options that VV doesn't.

So much stuff to experiment with, thx. Haven't been in the lab for a while now. I prefer less dmg but consistently working but with all that GF stuff I can build some new stuff for me. Something between the practical stuff from KenDeep and a little bit more dmg from Titanium Beasts' routes. That's what I love about GG.

It came up elsewhere so figured I'd mention it here.

If anyone comes here looking for a combo list of sorts, it was nuked in the forum update.

We've been working on a replacement list on his wiki combo page. It's a work in progress. Eventually I plan to add some sort of guide to go along with it (basically update to the combo theory section there).

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD/Sol_Badguy/Combos

(For that matter eventually I'm planning for everything useful to be documented in the wiki, like anything in any other threads here)

Edited by VR-Raiden

At 1:46 in this video he does a GF while he is tumbling from the Fafnir. I have been trying to recreate this in practice mode, but no matter what I do, for the life of me, I cannot get that GF to connect before they tech. By the time I stop dashing and begin the GF, the dummy will tech. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. 

Any suggestions??

You might not be at exact same spot as the example, causing your gunflame to not hit with the first active frames or you aren't microdashing fast enough. Just keep practicing the micro dash gf you'll get it down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Microdash GF is best performed by doing 2366P. You're essentially doing a dashing gunflame, not dashing, stopping, then doing Gunflame.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found another combo, which is more for practicality than stupid damage like the last one. This one's about getting out of the corner, and putting the opponent in the corner.

xx 2D BR(1) RC |> dash 2H j.D, j.D |> Fafnir, dash 6P, 5H j.D Kudakero |> 6P, (6H or (5H) BR)

Shoutouts to Gelsey/@ArtificialSol for recording and posting without me even asking.

It costs 50 meter, but is very much worth it, and I prefer it over the xx 2D BR(2) RC, airdash j.S j.K, j.D |> dash j.K j.S dj.S j.H VV, because I tend to end up crossing the opponent back up when it carries corner to corner. This puts them in it if you're cornered, it's generally pretty easy.

Alternate version: xx 2D BR(1) RC |> dash 2H j.D, j.D |> Fafnir, dash c.S 6P 6H (HVV)

Works on everybody, but Zato, Venom, Ram, Axl, and I-no need some specific variations.

General Alternate:
xx 2D BR(1) RC |> dash 5K 2H j.K dj.D, j.D |> Fafnir, dash 6P, 5H j.D Kudakero |> 6P, (6H or BR)

I-no and Axl specific variations:
xx 2D BR(1) RC |> dash 5K 2H j.K dj.D, j.D |> dash j.D, delay dj.D Kudakero |> 6P, (6H or BR)

Zato specific, still works on others:
xx 2D BR(1) RC |> dash 5K 2H j.D, j.D |> Fafnir, GF, 6P, (6H or BR)

Ram and Venom: Still testing.

Against Elphelt, Millia, May, and I-no, you have to delay the dash 2H very slightly. If you buffer the dash for when you land, then you'll end up backdashing. Delaying it just enough allows you to dash. If you don't dash, you'll face towards the corner, but the 2H will autocorrect as the opponents passes over you. Same with even 5K.

Enjoy.

Edited by Kaizen
Swapped in some stronger combos.

He doesn't actually have dash momentum after the c.S, but he's close enough to corner so that dust loop will still combo correctly.

There's something I don't really get where if you delay your jump cancel after a dashing attack, you retain the dash momentum when you jump. It did look like he had dash momentum on that jump.

You can see the difference by just doing a dash c.S then immediate jump or delayed jump on the dummy just standing there. Delayed will move you forward more in air so you fall behind them.

Hmm that sounds pretty tight then, since c.S doesn't have much hitstop. Praise be Karinchu

I was messing with this the other day and found out that you can get a point blank CH 5H to 5D on some characters. It could be useful for really obnoxious frametraps. 

5H CH To 5D works on:
Potemkin
Zato
Bedman
Faust
Sin
I-No
May
Ramlethal
Axl
Don't know if to works on Leo or El, if somebody can test that out for me.

I was messing with this the other day and found out that you can get a point blank CH 5H to 5D on some characters. It could be useful for really obnoxious frametraps. 

5H CH To 5D works on:
Potemkin
Zato
Bedman
Faust
Sin
I-No
May
Ramlethal
Axl
Don't know if to works on Leo or El, if somebody can test that out for me.

I don't see an advantage over CH 2H, but cool to know!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I don't see an advantage over CH 2H, but cool to know!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

True... really nothing special, but still... it could be decent for baiting Blitz, but even then 6H is better for than imo.

Hmm that sounds pretty tight then, since c.S doesn't have much hitstop. Praise be Karinchu

Experimenting with this, it works beautifully with certain routes. Allows you to turn some less-than-optimal situations into corner carry + damage. Tough to do, but really slick.