VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

I have been experimenting with the dash momentum stuff but I haven't found much use outside using it after a BB.

I tried using it after a WT or a blocked burst, but it seems that it is not working after a micro dash, you have to dash a minimum before being able to use this.

It works after a VV RC, but doing dash GF dash jD jD is just better.

It is very useful on characters like Ky, who are difficult/impossible to hit with airdash S-K-D after an RCed BR.

For example, from distances where GF-RC-BB-Fafnir will not allow for any followup, you can use dash 5S(c) into j.D to get more corner carry. If they still aren't in the corner, a dash buffered Fafnir can tag them, if they are low enough.

Example with Ky:

(your corner): 2D BR(2) RC, ad.S-K-D, land, dash j.K-S, JC dj.S-HS -> VV -> 214K

This combo only does 163 dmg, is very hard on Ky because you have to delay the airdash slightly after RCing or you will fly over his head, and because of the dash momentum, you often end up cornered again and he either lands right next to you, or farther away at his optimal positioning.

(your corner): 2D GF RC 5S -> BB, dash 5S-2HS, JC j.S, JC dj.S-HS -> VV -> 214K

This one does 189 and takes you out of the corner while putting you both at midscreen. Much better, but we still don't have that corner carry we're looking for

(your corner): 2D GF RC 5S -> BB, dash 5S(c), JC j.D, D, land, Fafnir, Fafnir

This combo does 194 dmg, takes you out of the corner and leaves the other player in the corner, while giving you plenty of time to immediately GF and put a meaty projectile on top of your opponent.

You can also use this after using a dash 5K as anti air to convert into more damaging corner combos at ranges where it would normally not be possible.

Man, why did no one tell me you can combo off air s VV?

If you can't hit dustloop in the corner off airdash s d, it seems like, ok to cancel into the dp and combo off that, lol

Man, why did no one tell me you can combo off air s VV?

If you can't hit dustloop in the corner off airdash s d, it seems like, ok to cancel into the dp and combo off that, lol

I tested this the other day, surprisingly this does more damage than a regular J.S J.D starter chain in the corner, so this is really good. People should use it more.

I just tried it and I couldn't get more damage than JS JD land 5HS combos. Even for JS JHS combo I had more damage doing JS JHS land 6P GF than with air sVV.

And midscreen, you can't combo after sVV because you need the dash momentum to combo. What are you doing exactly?

I did try something new though. dash 5K/2K cS delay forward jump tiger knee sVV. With the "keep your dash momentum if you delay your jump" mechanic, you are able to combo after the s air VV !

I tested it briefly on sol, works on crouching and standing opponent, (seems easier to confirm on crouching). There seems to be a difference if you start the combo with 5k or 2k. With 5K, after the VV I could catch sol with 5K cS, but with 2K, he was too far/too high and I could only do 5K 2HS.

Midscreen you can do 5K 2HS into iad JP JHS VV, which gives you a lot more corner carry than just 5K cS 2D BR, and more damage, but weaker okizeme.

Cose to the corner you can do 5K cS/2HS into dustloop fafnir combo, which gives a lot more damage than just 5K cS 2D BR.

Edited by king_yo

Hey ya'll, looking for a little help with some combos. 

May, Millia and Ino are known to have problematic hurtboxes when it comes to Sol's combos. I just found out that we can make Sol's regular corner route work on them  by changing up the timing of the 5HS JC. I'm having trouble with two other routes on those 3 characters:

Mid screen

CH 2D > GF, 5HS (HJC) >IAD j.K > j.D > j.VV -> (delay) TO

and

In corner

CH 2D > GF, 5HS (HJC) >IAD j.K > j.D > Kudakero, c.S(JC) > j.D > Kudakero>6P>6HS

For the first one, the j.K>j.D is the problem, with Sol sometimes reaching behind them after the j.K and the j.D hitting them from behind and sending them flying in the opposite direction. I can't seem to tell why this happens, as sometimes the combo works just fine. 

For the second one, the second Kudakero sometimes wiffs completely. Again I can't really see what this issue is, as I've tried at different spacings and it works sometimes. Any advice on getting these two combos to work consistently on May, Ino and Millia? 

1 hour ago, noct76 said:

Could someone please explain what  |>  and  (,) and  (hjiad)  mean?

Hey, 

> is cancel into, be it a gatling or a normal into a special

(,) signifies a link, meaning you have to wait for the first move to fully recover before doing the second

(HJC)> IAD is High Jump Canceling a normal and then immediately instant airdashing

|> denotes landing. All of the notation used to be in the opening post, but with the latest major software update, the opening post got nuked.
The combos page on Dustloop Wiki still has full notation, along with a functional but still incomplete combo list.

Cross, as for your earlier query: It sounds like either a spacing or timing issue. CH 2D combos tend to assume that 2D connects at its most effective range (although sometimes with dash momentum), so you may have better luck at a greater distance. Otherwise, try performing the Gun Flame slightly later so that it hits the opponent lower. Lightweights take longer to hit the ground after CH 2D and naturally launch higher after Gun Flame, so offsetting that with delayed timing may help if the spacing does not. As for the double Kudakero combo, assuming the first Kudakero hits only once, try doing dash c.S. I-No is notoriously unfriendly when it comes to landing Kudakero, but with that short of a combo, it should still connect as long as your positioning is correct after j.D.

I'm having issues landing my standard dustloop on May. I am using 6p > 5hs > j.d (rising) > j.d (falling) |> fanfir > 6p > 5hs/2hs > j.d > kudakero > 6p > 6hs with slight modifications from character to character. However on May it always seems to fall out on the fanfir. I've found I can do 6p > 5hs > j.d (rising) > j.d (falling) |> sj.d (rising) > sj.d (falling) |> j.k > j.d (jc) > j.d > vv > TO but the TO seems to whiff and I miss oki :\

What should I be doing instead?

The standard dustloop doesn't work very well on lightweights deep in the corner. Instead you can do a two-rep dustloop into dash j.D xx Kudakero, like so:

6P > 5H > j.D - j.D |> j.D - j.D |> dash > j.D > Kudakero (2) - 6P > 6H > GF Feint/Delayed GF,

or variants thereof. Just make sure you're not too deep or the second hit of Kudakero will whiff. Or you can do a two-rep dustloop into VV finisher. That said, you can get Fafnir to work more consistently if you're further out, and then you can go for the standard route. The standard route also works off of (corner) Wild Throw > dash under > 5H etc., but you have to catch May really low to the ground with 5H. I personally find the two-rep dustloop a lot more consistent.

If you really want to land Fafnir on those tricky lightweights, you want to do everything you can to mitigate how high they are by the time you're expected to land it. To that end, perform 5HS immediately after 6P so that they don't gain too much height off the wall bounce, then delay the Jump Cancel into the D-Loop rep to give them time to drop further. As Orrax mentioned, the further away you are, the easier it is.

Been working on a Wild Throw corner carry combo recently in training mode and the results are shaping up surprisingly well.

WT > 66j.D > j.HS > 66J.K > j.D > jc > j.S > j.HS > SVV > TO (123 on Sol)

The key is to delay the initial J.HS as much as possible to allow 66J.K to connect and delay TO to go for decent oki.

Pro: The combo takes you from corner to corner with good damage output

Con: Depending on distance from the corner you will end up near the corner (will need to go for cross up j.K safe jump religiously, which I'm sure I screwed up in the video).

Against certain characters you can also add a GF before going for 66j.D to get more damage.

(Works on Bedman, Chipp, Elphelt, Ky, Leo, May, Millia, Sol, Sin, Slayer, Zato) WT > GF > 66j.D > j.HS > 66j.K > j.D > jc > j.S > j.HS > SVV > TO (141 on Sol)

I'm not sure if further optimization is possible but I'll be sure to look into it, sadly I couldn't land 66j.D > j.HS on Venom which allows the combo to work, will need something exclusive for him.

I have a question.

Why do i see people use j.K instead of j.S after a dustloop combo?
like..
j.D j.D > dash j.K j.D dj.S j.D instead of
j.D j.D > dash j.S j.D dj.S j.D ?

Is there some sort of benefit? I know j.S is stronger.. but does it create unwanted pushback or something? does j.K come out faster or have more range or something? I'm unsure because I haven't had problems replacing j.K with j.S after a hitconfirm
Thanks.

j.K has more horizontal range and also comes out 4 frames faster, so you can afford to spend longer dashing to get deeper in. It's true that you can often still get j.S off a sufficiently deep D-Loop rep, but it's more of a precaution than anything else. The deeper you are in the corner, the more ways you can adjust your position to ensure a good ender.

The combo that Bonchan (Sagat Bonchan? Hype!) does at 15:04 shouldn't be possible. Is this a Revelatory change or is there something I'm missing here?

- Kimosabae

It's not a change, it just happens to be a character specific combo due to airborne hurtboxes. Consider it the universe's way of paying us back for Venom being able to slip away from Kudakero in long combos.

On 13.01.2016 at 0:38 AM, Don Blow Jon said:

Been working on a Wild Throw corner carry combo recently in training mode and the results are shaping up surprisingly well.

You can do combo that way:
WT - GF - 669 j.D - j.HS[1] - land 669 j.K - j.D - jc j.S - j.K - j.D - HVV - TO
As result, you won't land in the corner. But I tested this only on Sol and Slayer so far.

So, I have worked little more with that combo, and here is results.

Be, Le, So, Si, Sl: WT - GF - 669 j.D - j.HS[1] - land 669 j.P - j.K - j.D - jc j.S - j,K - j.D - HVV - TO; 113, 131, 131, 133, 119
Ch: WT - GF - 669 j.D - j.HS[1] - land 669 j.K - j.D - jc j.S - j.K - (delay) j.D - HVV - TO; 173
Ky: WT - GF - 669 j.D - j.HS[1] - land 669 j.P - j.K - j.D - jc j.S - j,K - j.D - HVV - (delay) TO; 133

Doing combo that way you won't land in the corner yourself. Still not made it for Mi, Ma, El and Za though :\
And sorry for double post :p