VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

In the corner, the route varies based on the hurtbox of the opponent. 5HS > (delay) 6HS > Bandit Bringer is optimal, but many characters aren't hit by the initial 5HS, so for those you want to do 2HS instead. For characters that won't be hit by the Bandit Bringer off a 6HS (Faust, I-No), you'll want to do 2HS (x2) instead. After the Bandit Bringer, do Fafnir and then go into standard, non-CH routes. There's not a whole lot of reason to go for Homing Dash mid-screen, due to additional proration hampering damage and forced plummet hampering corner carry, but if you want something, 5D > Homing Dash > 6HS > Gun Flame, (dash) 5K/c.S > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi was the best I could find during early access. Omit the 5K/c.S on heavyweights.

Hi, it is my first time getting into GGXrd revelator 

My question is: a monitor 1ms does make a huge difference to train combos? Because I am using a samsung S27E510C monitor screen and I cant get past combo basics 06 with Sol

Interesting because the sample is a little bit different because standing K is not the complete action, is only a knee and then down + D.

I am pretty sure I am doing it correctly but the revolver later does not connect and I cant finish it. Maybe because the input lag?

btw I am using madcatz TE2 ggx edition

Inputlag has nothing to do with it when you're used to the screen you're using. Maybe you're doing the BR to late. Whats the complete combo again?

6 hours ago, entnervt said:

Inputlag has nothing to do with it when you're used to the screen you're using. Maybe you're doing the BR to late. Whats the complete combo again?

2016_10_13_10_32_27.jpg

When I do the standind kick, it always does the kee+straight leg and this way, it pushes away the opponent.

When I see the sample, it is only the kee and then down + D. When I do separately the standing K, I can perform the kee and then down + D easily, but not after the previous  jumping S and jumping HS

I also got stuck on basic 07 of Ky Kiske.

Seriously I dont know why it doesn connect the combo as the previous ones. Is it related to age? Since the monitor input lag is not the answer, I am not that fast? I am 30 years old.

Lol, I'm by far older than you, combos don't get hard to perform in your 30s. The airdash j.S>j.H should hit relatively late, so you can buffer the 5K perfectly. Then you cancel the first hit of the 5K immediately into 2D which is canceled immediately into the BR. You should buffer the 236 motion during 2D.

Don't know if anyone posted this on here but ArisCool posted some tech on his channel for Sol as well
Sol stun setup which was made in 1.03 Patch, should still work in 1.04

I'm pretty sure it does. They didn't change anything about untech time on Sol's buttons, though character hurtboxes have been changed a bit here and there, so some things might be a bit finicky.

hello,

its been a LONG time since ive played GG, in ggac sol had specific combos against lights, medium and heavy characters

is there a video to see optimal punishes and combos to do against the enemy ??

So I have a question as someone who is subbing Sol finally now.

How exactly can I, and do I, end dustloops?

I know it's stuff>j.d>j.d>fafnir, and then from there I've been doing microdash 6p>5hs>j.d>214d>DP. But I'm sure there are more efficient and simple combo routes at the end after fafnir.

Also, what are the combo routes in the corner went starting hit is fafnir (CH), because the move doesn't have a tumble effect if done a second time. So in those situations I'm not sure what to do after 6p>5h>j.d>j.d>???

Thanks, and sorry if either this question, or the answer to my questions are in another thread. But I really appreciate the help.

Regarding your first question: The route you just listed is a perfectly functional route that at the very least is guaranteed to work on everyone in any situation where a D-Loop rep into Fafnir can possibly connect in the corner. Even for that route however, there's no reason to do HS Volcanic Viper immediately after Kudakero. You have enough untechable time at your disposal for a slightly better ender. End the combo with 6P into either 6HS for late cancel into meaty Gun Flame, Bandit Revolver for longer advantage on knockdown or delay 5HS > HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi for better damage (depending on character hurtbox, weight, and combo length, this can also work off 6HS).

In regards to routes that are more efficient, that depends on what you mean exactly. A more simple route can be something as straight-forward as dash c.S > 6P > 6HS into an optional HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi, depending on what you want to do for okizeme. A more optimal route would involve a dash Gun Flame into largely the same route you listed in your original post (2HS instead of 5HS on lightweights, Sin, Raven and Answer, and a High Jump instead of a regular jump for the j,D on non-super heavyweights).

As for your second question: The standard Fafnir combo route is Fafnir, dash 5HS > 2HS (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> Fafnir, dash 5K/c.S > 6P > delay 6HS (> HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi). The idea is to hit the opponent with the second Fafnir as high as possible so you have enough time to catch them with 5K or c.S before they hit the floor. This way, the lack of a tumble doesn't even come into play. Certain lightweights require you to omit one of the early normals so that the D-Loop rep is low enough that Fafnir hits them. Optimally, you can replace the dash 5HS > 2HS with Gun Flame, 5HS if you're already deep in the corner. This variation can also work on said lightweights. Off a CH Fafnir, you can replace the Gun Flame with a dash Bandit Bringer for better damage and some pretty ridiculous corner carry.